Something thats been buggin me alot recently but i doubt anyhear will be able to awnser thia question unleas they work...

Something thats been buggin me alot recently but i doubt anyhear will be able to awnser thia question unleas they work for NASA or something but lets dive in to this.

How come there is all this research and discovery im space and all that but there are hardly any pictures of space or what ever they all seem to be computer generated even ones of our own solar system which by now i would of thought we could capture photos of said planets and what not it. I dont know thought there is prob a simple awnser but im not seeing it also keep the space related shit going might learn some shit i didnt know.

Other urls found in this thread:

apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap160829.html
worldwidetelescope.org/webclient/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You're joking right? Just google NASA photos.

The shit is far as fuck away from us. A lot of the shit we "know" is from studying patterns in electromagnetic waves, light, or radiation and what would be expected to be there with our current understand. Far as fuck away, try taking a picture of a house in a neighboring city from where you're standing, basically.

Don't worry user, there are plenty of pictures of space!

Pic related: Hyperion, Saturn VII, moon of Saturn. Mean radius = 135km.

real picture from international space station of the
aurora borealis.
go to NASA.GOV they have tons of images

Pluto 134340, Kuiper-belt dwarf planet. Mean radius = 1187km.

apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap160829.html

my dubs tell you to get gud wallpapers from here

>goggle
>NASA photos of space
>?????
>profit

Phobos, Mars I, moon of Mars. Mean radius 11km.

Hey guys OP hear i didnt say why are there no picture just why is there very few even of ones from the telescopes orwhat ever also sorry for any typos im on my phone

There are free, accessible live television streams off the ISS, around the sun and not to mention the massive cache of archived satellite imagery going back all the way to day dot.

Its a pretty simple answer: You have no idea what you are talking about.

This is good, but I know what you mean OP.

I keep seeing the same stock photo of "Our Sun" every time, except sometimes they even call it other things. I'm fairly sure I saw a news report that said we "captured photos" of a new star or something and it's still always pic related.

for example:

e. A

you see the same stock photo on NASA's page, or you see the same stock photo in news reports of nasa's activities?

What do you expect? Do you want as many photos people take for FB and Instagram. Its more then ever before but not alot becuase people are fucking stupid and dont think that shit is important,

Ah, if you want telescope shots, then you will get telescope shots haha

Keep in mind that we cannot photograph much of our own solar system with our telescopes, because in terms of since, most solar system satellites are tiny in comparison to the luminous galaxies and nebula.

Centaurus

Mayalls Object

Just go take a look. There are HUGE numbers of them out there. Most are even in public domain. They may not number in the billions like selfies but more than enough to keep you busy for the rest of your life.

Hey OP hear

No i am meerly saying if we can manage to get a picture of an insane unreal looking milkyway photo then surely a photo of our solar system shouldent be an issue? Hence why i am asking, if you guys get what im trying to say

Arp 273 and UGC 1813, sometimes unofficially referred to as the "Rose Galaxy".

They are clearly multiple images. Taken from the same Sat. Incidentally, the sat that monitors the sun for solar flare activity.

I dont know how you expect to look at what is essentially a giant ball of flaming gas, and expect to see anything different other than a giant ball of flaming gas.

It doesnt have a personality, or a summer look.... its just a fucking giant ball of gas. It doesnt matter if you thrown in a myspace angle, it looks pretty much exactly the same.

ORANGE, FLAMING AND GASSY.

No, we don't get what you're saying. You are talking like a 6 year old. State your point clearly.

There is no way that hasent been alteres or something man, it just to me looks like an atrists rendition man but i dont know why my eyes see it as CGI Or Drawn out.

Long story short, its hard to get a shot. Equpiment inly recently has become good enough to get high res shots of some things. Underfunding. Shots suck on the ground due to the atmosphere. Things only look good in certain spectra of light (thats a huge one)

And another note, what space pics you lookin at cuz ive seen shit loads.

It's beautiful, but I get this strange feeling of dread when I look at that image. I don't know why, I'm probably retarded.

Oh, well its confirmed then, I mean come on... user has a gut feeling here.

Jupiter

Scale is intimidating.

Well, the solar system is huge, therefore I think that a photo containing all of it would not be very different from any other random photo of space: the planets making the solar system and the sun would be so far apart that they would look as small as any other star/planet of space

We photograph, partially our own galaxy the Milky Way, and other galaxies such as Andromeda, using high powered space telescopes such as Hubble, and sometimes land based telescopes.

Picturing the natural satellites (objects which orbit a point, such as the sun) of our own solar system, "Sol" or "Solaris", is done using spacecraft with cameras on board, such as Rosetta, Curiosity or JUNO.

We are unable to make a picture of our own solar system due to two fundamental issues:

- We do not have spacecraft which has flown far enough, or can travel fast enough, to picture the entirety of our solar system in one shot. Like taking a picture of an entire city, while you are on the ground.
- The solar system is mostly empty space, so picturing it would be mostly relative darkness compared to a few pixels of light representing i.e. the sun, Jupiter and Saturn (the biggest objects).

You realize that you can actually buy a telescope for a couple hundred bucks and actually see a lot of these things with your own eyes, yeah?

Pic related, my telescope is a
Celestron 127EQ, you can get it for under $200 on amazon.

No no not at all a gut feelin just its prob 100% legit im just woundering why my brain goes nope thats not real, but all in all space is beautiful.

lol forgot pic

>dwarf planet

This isn't a feels thread user!!

G299, remnants of a supernovae, type 1.

have you done any photography with it yet?

Sombrero galaxy.

haha sorry user, but facts are facts. Pluto has not cleared sufficient material from his entire orbital path yet. And given Ceres... mmhh

Neptune closeup.

worldwidetelescope.org/webclient/

behold and kill yourself

In all likelyhood, it has been edited.

Raw image data when received usually has to undergo processing still. They are usually polarized at first, not taken in color, which is added from wavelength info. There is also artifact inspection, and general inspection for public consumption.

But the reality is, that galaxy/body/object is still there, still chillin, waitin to be checked out.

oh, photoshop is used tons of in these pictures for colorization and such. I think a lot of space photos are actually just black and white, with the colorization done later, or enhanced. At lest we talked about that when I took an astronomy course.

nah, I'm just an amateur still so I'm not that good at taking pictures. I hope to use it more and get familiar enough to justify a nicer telescope though.

youre asking someone to take a picture of their house from their own window

That's like saying if you love on a beauitful hill and can take beautiful he pics of the nature in Front of you why can't you get a hd pic of your entire house with every room in it at once in the one single photo.

To get a photo of our entire solar system you'd have to get a hd satalite. Send it out to space. Wait like 15 years. The. Take a photo.

It's easier to just take photos from earth man. We know what our solar system loons like why do we have to get it all in one pic.

you're used to seeing artifacts caused by atmospheric interference. your simple monkey brain thinks that these hyper-sharp images are no different than what computer games you're playing.

OP hear,
Yeah thats what i was tryin to say haha like i want to know why they dont just put up raw photos of space up i mean who cares if its got pretty colours space is black and whit from faraway i would much rather that than some pocture thats been edited the fuck out of to look pretty.

Poster of the picture here. The information a telescope receives are multiple bandwidths of the electromagnetic spectrum, where-under visible light, infrared, radio, etc

Visible light being used in this case is filtered through the lens, and then filtered digitally using specialized computer programs programmed for this task. You get multiple layers, like in photoshop, which then combine to one image.

The image then gets colour enhanced in some cases, with brightness being added, well as colours in some cases, but reflecting original data.
In general, galaxies and nebula are not nearly as visible, however, galaxies are still made up of sometimes trillions of stars, making them luminous enough to view, using a simple telescope and the right distance.

I know what you mean user. It's incredibly large. Possibly trillions of stars, and we only see a very minute amount of em in pixel format.

Those satellites are used to monitor solar storms and flares than can potentially fuck things up here on earth if caught off guard.

I sort of understand you now but at this point i think you should try get what you want, if that means making rockets to help ships go out and take a picture
Listen to this guy

Heres a photo of Earth taken about as far as we have gotten and its only a portion of the solar system. .

You can't take a photograph of something when you're inside it, unless you want a photograph of what it looked like from the inside. Every photo we see of deep space is taken from a distance, meaning it's far away from us. The only way we could tak a photograph of the solar system would be to leave it and the farthest traveling object launched from space is just now reading the edge of our solar system. It's taken 39 years for it to get there and will take a lot longer before it's far enough away to capture a photograph of our solar system.

tl;dr op is using wondrous stinky space bait and shitty attempts at not typing English correctly

I can't even comprehend it. Honestly.

Every time I see one of those site comparing it I get lost.

Im not sayin all in one photo man, jist google solar sytem nothing but catroon pictures of what ever whys there no like perspective to it, we should have a hella zoomed out photo by now espeshilly due to all the hundereds of satelites in space, would make people really apresheate the vastness and sheer scale of well everthing if those were used instead of shitty cartoon versions

Damn haha thats awesome!

Most photos have to be enhanced some level as light is too faint, and too broadly focused (so our eye is too small to collect that amount of spacious light projection) to register.

Photo editing is done irregardless because the photo is is taken by a satellite, which usually needs editing afterwards by scientist to correctly display the colour values visually, whether it's infrared or visible spectrum.

We can use visible spectrum light to determine whether or not an object is moving away from us, or moving closer. This is called "blue-shifting" and 'red-shifting", as the wavelength of the visible light is either expanded or compressed slightly.

tl;dr - you can't see 99,9% of the universe with your naked eye because your eyes are too small. Please note that you can see other galaxies using regular store bought telescopes, such as the Andromeda galaxy which is the closest to us, but it's both incredibly big, and incredibly far.

Like trying to read a traffic sign from a few kilometers away.

We can't take pictures of the milky way, at least not in way we take pictures of say Andromeda.

Its if you were trying to a take a selfie from inside your stomach.

And taking pictures of multiple planets with out them being tiny specks in the sky is impossible.

And no not space bait, i can type perfectly fine just not the best at spelling and im on my phone so there is bound to be a few errors