How long until Marvel decides to bring Red Skull back and make him fight Cap in another movie?

How long until Marvel decides to bring Red Skull back and make him fight Cap in another movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

latimes.com/world/middleeast/la-fg-syrian-refugees-israel-20150906-story.html
ew.com/article/2016/05/29/captain-america-hydra-comic-book-stan-lee
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wait... I thought Red Skull was a villain

I bet you think the "good guys" won World War 2 as well.

>hey let's follow the resurrected Nazi with a red skull for a face
>there's no way he has any ulterior motives or anything!

MAKE HYDRA GREAT AGAIN

It kind of helps that He has Professor X's telepathic powers

>Get based Hugo Weaving to play your capeshit villain
>Waste him
Fuck Marvel

Well you see they just outed Captain America as Hydra agent all along so Skull is the good guy for balance now.

When I first saw this page I thought they were actually going to make a substantive point about why this kind of rhetoric can be dangerous.

But then on the next page they just make all the people that agree with him suicide bombers. It's pathetic.

More like now there are two factions of Hydra, Red skull is nu-Hydra and Steve will be old school values Hydra

Wait, what? Wasn't Red Skull Hydra's OG?

Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world - the Holocaust never happened.

What are you talking about? He was one of the best villains in the MCU.

it was but look at his platform now in the OP, he's tackling modern sensibilities and social issues, seems like Cap will be something more similar yet relatable, in the same issue they show some lady back in the 30s giving his mom a flyer/brochure for what Hydra stands for so I figured the same way Cap is a man out of time so will how he think Hydra should work.

If this is what Hydra believes, then I stand with them too, Cap. Hail Hydra.

He was pretty shit in that first Captain America movie, didn't have any presence at all.

Didn't Hugo Weaving quit cause he couldn't stand wearing that makeup all the time?

Wait what, Cap is Hydra for real? I thought it was a dumb meme.

How the fuck does that make sense?

Probably brainwashing like with Cap's bbf Bucky

They could CGI his face (I wouldn't like it but it's do-able)

could you describe what you would have wanted to see instead? I'm intrigued.

Anything with any degree of subtlety. I wasn't looking for a specific message, but the writing on this page led to expect better than what I got. Clearly the author doesn't agree with Red Skull here, but rather than tell a story about why that is, he makes him into a terrorist.

Could it be that either he has co-writers or the execs just made him make Red Skull's point of view look bad somehow?

But there are actual arguments for making that view look bad without just having them strap bombs to themselves and beat up some black guys.

basically I'm wondering how you would subtly make his rhetoric dangerous. The suicide bombing thing is hilarious though.

Any sort of divisive rhetoric can be made to look dangerous, it's easy. And you don't need to have people strap bombs to themselves to do it.

Hmmm, is that comic page a subtle jab at Israel?

latimes.com/world/middleeast/la-fg-syrian-refugees-israel-20150906-story.html

>One country that won't be taking Syrian refugees: Israel

>For many Israeli Jews, even the smallest number of additional non-Jews is a potential threat, and the Syrian refugee crisis and the debate about Israel’s role has reawakened the country’s most deep-seated fear -- that of losing the Jewish majority and subsequently the character of the Jewish state.

>However, Immigrant Absorption Minister Zeev Elkin accused Herzog of gambling on Israel’s strategic interests for the sake of “one minute of favor” in international media. He also expressed the fear that the refugee crisis could give Palestinians an opening to bring the so-called right of return, which would allow Palestinians to return to land they occupied before the establishment of the state of Israel in 1948, in “through the back door.”

I applaud Marvel's daring and progressiveness

How long has this been the case? He must be badass as fuck now. Truly a top-tier supervillain. If they brought him back ni the MCU with telepathy and just didn't go into much detail, I'd be on board.

>“It’s a hell of a clever idea,” he said. “I don’t know that I would ever have thought of it for him to be a double agent, but it’s going to make you curious, it’s going to make you want to read the books, they’ll probably do a movie based on it.”

ew.com/article/2016/05/29/captain-america-hydra-comic-book-stan-lee

About a year and a half, maybe 2 years?

mirrors reflecting mirrors

Is he supposed to be wrong?

Well the next page has the crowd he just spoke to beating up minorities on the streets.

Wait what.

I don't know I'm guessing, however it's telling that in a storyline prior to this the Red Skull in disguise was with Rogers for enough time to brainwash him with his telepathic powers, not the first time he's pulled one over on Cap, he was also the one that "killed" Steve after Civil War.