Can Sup Forums admit these are the masterpieces of their respective mediums?

Can Sup Forums admit these are the masterpieces of their respective mediums?

Citizen Kane is overrated

>videogames

The Trial is better than Citizen Kane

someone should post this on Sup Forums

How long till you faggots stop pretending somebody said these are the 4 best art mediums (specifically videogames). Nobody cares about what art you deem worth your time. You look fucking stupid, not smart. Find a bridge.

every fucking time

(You)

To add to this:
How bad are your fucking reading comprehensions you whiny little twats, did OP say that those 4 entertainment mediums are the best.
>implying there is such a thing as a best entertainment medium beyond being pedantic

>Ulysses
Should be Great Gatsby
>Pet Sounds
Mmmmm fine.
>Citizen Kane
Should be Brazil
>Ocarina of Time
Should be something more sophisticated than anything Nintendo, perhaps Bioshock. I like how it tried to adapt Atlas Shrugged, another great work, albeit with multiple flaws.

Bioshock is a shitty game and I have no idea what people see in it. It's like third generation dumbed down version of System Shock.

>playing video games after the age of 18

>not playing Factorio

see

>Bioshock
I barely play videogames and I am laffin

>watching le damn fine cup of coffee show after college age

see

I haven't watched it since college yes. I just have le reaction face for le manchildren ready.

You better get rid of your stupid prejudice about it since it's getting a new season this year.

The original Legend of Zelda was better. Faulkner is also greater than Joyce.

>Great Gatsby
Good book but definitely not.

Also for more mature games there's stuff like Shadow Of The Colosseus, Dark Souls, Fallout, The Witcher, Amnesia, Grim Fandango, etc. There's probably better but it's too late rn and my game library isn't available to me atm. I personally like Animal Crossing, Super Mario Galaxy and Hotline Miami too.

>Should be Great Gatsby
Fucking pleb

>Citizen Kane
>Not The Godfather

>the Godfather
>not Once Upon A Time In America

>the Godfather
>Not Goodfellas

>Ocarina of time
>not Majora's Mask
and Sgt Pepper is better than Pet Sounds

Revolver is better than Sgt. Peppers

One day you'll wake up and feel burnt out on videogames. Didn't happen to me until I was 22.

ok, doesn't mean that Sgt Pepper isn't better than Pet Sounds

>literature
Finnegan's Wake
>music
Trout Mask Replica
>film
The Room
>TV
Seinfeld
>vista
Tetris

>Ulysses
the choice for people that want to sound patrician but are too dumb for Finnegans Wake. the book that should be here is In Search of Lost Time
>Pet Sounds
the choice for people too contrarian to admit the Beatles were better. the album that should be here is Frank Zappa's Civilization Phaze III.
>Citizen Kane
it's the Citizen Kane of movies and is the only choice in that image worth being there
>Ocarina of Time
the choice for console babies. the video game here should either be Myst, Planescape: Torment, The Last Express, Morrowind, or Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations

>listening to music that isn't classical over the age of 18
See I can be an obtuse faggot too

>MUH JAMES JOYCE

faggot

>listening to music that isn't classical

Genuinely pathetic, not even joking. Enjoy your auditory stagnation of the lowly 4-bar beat, passive degenerate kali-yuga bitch.

>did OP say that those 4 entertainment mediums are the best.

>Can Sup Forums admit these are the masterpieces of their respective mediums?
>the masterpieces of their respective mediums?
>the masterpieces
>not "a masterpiece"
but yes you are correct in that these threads are stupid bait to attract avant teens

>too dumb for Finnegans Wake

Can you stop pretending like you aren't, not shitting on the book but suggesting anybody who can't read it is dumb is a dead meme

all this image needs is LoGH (maybe switch Kane with 2001) and it'll be the perfect pentagon of teenagers who try too hard
t. I was a tryhard teenager once

>being this retarded

I meant that OP never said that those mediums are the best mediums of entertainment, which is true.

OP posted pictures from products of Music, Video Games, Literature and Film. OP claimed these products were the "masterpieces" of their respective mediums. People usually misinterpret the OP of these threads to be implying that Video Games are in the top 4 mediums of entertainment so the thread usually derails into faggots pretending to be smart whilst arguing about which medium of entertainment is better than the other. The equivalent of a bunch of snobby hipster avant-teens disregarding tonnes of art created by people thousands of times more talented than they will ever be.

Do you understand now you silly sausage

2001 is legit amazing though.

>the choice for people that want to sound patrician but are too dumb for Finnegans Wake.

I've read 'Ulysses'. Haven't read 'Finnegans Wake' yet. They don't seem that comparable.

>Enjoy your auditory stagnation of the lowly 4-bar beat, passive degenerate kali-yuga bitch.

Not that user but you just described yourself perfectly there: stagnated; passively lost to this habitual shitposting vice; still yuga addled but refuses to accept it.

Don't go enraging the locals. If you really espouse this stuff then it would be evinced by the fact that you'd never even think to egotistically shitpost in the first place.

You're a fraud. And the worst kind, too -- a self-righteous one.

im having cringe flashbacks to early high school ok

I'm the user you replied to. I actually prefer Goodfellas (probably my all time favorite) but I think Godfather perfected film as an art form - which is what I assumed OP was after

I so sorry
It's 3 am

>Citizen Kane
>Not Taxi Driver
>Zelda
>Not MGS1

The right answers are clearly:

As I Lay Dying / The Downward Spiral
Pulp Fiction / Half-Life

As I Lay Dying is a terrible band

lol. It's a book.

>Also sprach Zarathustra
>Abbey Road
>Modern Times
>Half- Life

Sage
Can this thread honestly get any more cringy?

No... it's a fucking band. Need I Google it for you buddy?

Who cares about the band? I'm talking about the Faulkner work, obviously, by the order I put it.

>Also Sprach Zarathustra (Nietzsche)
>Also Sprach Zarathustra (R. Strauss)
>2001: A Space Odyssey
>Katawa Shoujo

its faulkner you fuck

>katawa shoujo

xD

>music didn't exist before the 1960s

This thread is cringe.

citizen kane is such a fucking meme
does katawa carry the theme of the first 3 somehow?
>too dumb for Finnegans Wake
so literally everyone

music peaked in the 60's, like it or not

thx for laughing

>does katawa carry the theme of the first 3 somehow?
no but i couldnt think of something that did so i went with something that obviously didnt

ur mum peaked in the 60's

when she was a newborn? holy shit senpai

Exactly

HAHAH THIS IS GOLD

Tbh, is complaining about the dismissal of videogames in And not the actual OP itself anyway.

>Dismissing a TV show that forever changed the way TV shows are made, because of the high crime of including scenes with characters drinking coffee

>MM > Ocarina
this

I don't know about Sup Forums, but I can.
Also entry level as fuck, except for Ulysses which is sort of a meme at this point, at least in /lit/ context.

No. Vertigo is overrated.
Citizen Kane actually deserves all the praise it gets. Vertigo isn't even Hitchcock's greatest movie, let alone one of the greatest films of all time.

who said anything about vertigo

>Zelda
I can forgive Citizen Kane but for fucks sake man.

>Bioshock

>Myst
Dated
>PS:T
Shit gameplay even for its time
>The Last Express
Will check it out thanks,
>Morrowind
I love it too but come on

The worldwide opinion polls released by Sight & Sound each decade, the latest conducted in 2012 that took in the opinions of 846 critics, programmers, academics, and distributors, widely considered the most authoritative of its kind.
Significant in the sense that Vertigo overtook Citizen Kane as the "greatest film of all time" after a steady climb upwards in recent decades.
Vertigo is not a bad film, mind. But one that deserves I think the label "overrated" more so than Citizen Kane, because its fame is derived from so much pseud psychoanalysis of the external circumstances of its director and the actors involved rather than how it stands on its own.

Wrong

ulysses is great but it's also incredibly overrated and sort of idiotic
i mean like its greatness is in its wretchedness
but like it's actually more enjoyable to read when you're drinking or drunk
it's possibly a steaming load of shit

also, what the fuck? citizen fucking kane? are you fucking lobotomized?

muh nigga

>Roadside Picnic
>Stalker OST
>Stalker
>S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl

I know it's kinda heresy, but I think Ulysses actually is enhanced as an audiobook.

>pet sounds
there are for sure a lot of better options
>citizen kane
half of kubrickĀ“s, alien, godfather, chaplin
>zelda
admit it, it WoW
nothing even comes close, atleast until cata

>Entrylevelandpretentious.jpg

i could see that
what i'm saying is his writing is unintelligent
it's idiotic
like, i get why people dismissed it as "filth" when it was first published
like, is it a work of literary genius? certainly. is it great art? fuck yeah. but does that mean it isn't idiotic? nope