What does Sup Forums think of D&D??

What does Sup Forums think of D&D??

3.5 or gtfo

i want to try it so badly but i dont have friends

I think D&D is a pretty cool guy, eh rolls the d20s and doesn't afraid of anything

Im working on a campaign right now

Carlos the Dwarf.

This. I want to get into it so bad.
Unlike this loser I actually have friends. Just not nerdy friends that would be down to play and actually take this serious.

Can't speak from experience, but I've heard nothing but good things about 5

also time and money, those books aint fucking cheap

Mlle Vagine

underrated post

Your friends, sir, are fuckin faggots.

those books are free if you know where to look

pro tip: the interwebs

same, but its different from what i know, thus i hate it - i looked at it a bit, seems interesting, but still, 3.5 is fucking amazing

oh i've got most of them as pdf files, but thats not the REAL FEEL of D&D

Yeah I know dude. They'd rather play sports or go to the gym or out for dinner and drinks.

aaah print the important pages out

I've heard it's basically 3.5, revised with a lot of the (apparently very few) things that 4 did right

Haven't played since my friend's character Dorkus Goldbludgeon gave a half orc a handjob to have some armour fitted for free

Go find a game shop that does open games, seriously. My friend and I just straight walked in one day at a place near us about 2 months ago and we're almost through the curse of strahd. It's worth it even if you're solo.

Lel. Cant put down Sir Wanklord Longshaft, assassin and masterbaiter extrodianair!

Pathfinder or gtfo

you've missed the point i think, the books make it feel more... i dunno, proper, not a screen or printouts

aye i get it

when me and my friends played tho we didnt use them much

I'm not a D&D connoisseur, but I've played 3.5, Pathfinder, and am currently pretty entrenched in a campaign in 5e. 3.5 felt like a more fleshed out system that kinda made more sense. And it certainly wasn't hard to get the rules. But 5e simplifies some things that certainly needed it given the game setting (skills, specifically), without turning it into a pen and paper World of Warcraft (which is what I hear 4e was like). Also prestige classes clashed pretty hard with my group's gaming philosophy, so it was nice to get away from that by going to 5e.

THAC0 or GTFO

those are cheater dice

Yes goyim, you need the real experience.

3.5 nostalgia forevah!!!
it's pretty much that, it is a simple system and very fun to play indeed.
well i play D&D since i was 9, and now i'm 25 and didn't got tired of it yet...

What are u a fucking faggot that can't play advanced?

It would be fun if I could find anyone worth a shit to play with.

i feel like i would only like the space versions of dnd. sword and magic just seem gay when you could use guns and lasers n shit

Ever played Skyrim? Or Dark Souls? Or Bloodborne?

>a cheater dice like that
Who the fuck would fall for this? Everybody would see that there is something wrong with 20.

why dont all the people here who want to play get some roll20 shit going on and play? at least one among you has to be capable of telling a good story

this is D&D

I'm a level 49 Wizard Warlock with domination fetishes with an enchanted level 205 gag ball as my main wield weapon

It would be fun to play if getting ppl that like it wouldn't be so difficult in my city.

Get this fucking kike out of my face, nigger!!!

Same but with mtg

Never played. Is it fun?

ive played skyrim but thats more for mods than anything

great game that doesnt require much to play depending on how imaginative you are
pathfinder is easier to get into for newbies and honestly is a bit better.(havent played latest d&d stopped at 4 which was shit)
only bad thing is when people want to play and think its all about combat and dont know how to roleplay

Haven't seen this in forever, let alone done properly.

I have the strangest nostalgia right now

I'll be your friend...

I play an evocation wizard, but I always feel pretty lame compared to other people in my group.
I think I'm level 7 at the moment, does it ever get better?

I love d&d so much

I'm aware.

D&D started turning to shit after WotC bought TSR. 3.5 was a solid system but everything since has been crap. Pathfinder is the way to go now.

a few friends and i want to try it one day, what version should we play

Honestly. D&D will always have a special place in my heart. I was bullied a lot as a kid, and my friends and I found the perfect escape in D&D

AD&D or GTFO

It seems so cringey and lame, am I the only one?

What year are we in?

>implying D&D isn't just an excuse to get shitfaced and Bullshit around.

3.5 or pathfinder(which is altered 3.5 version) and ive heard 5 is actually good but havent played it myself
pathfinder is really easy to learn which can then translate into other things

if you can play in person thats great but if not roll20 is great tool to use

Running games and playing 4 nights a week, and then often on the weekends. Totally not addicted...

3 different groups for the weekly stuff. Some more varied stuff on the weekend. I think I've played with at least 100 people by now.

i bet you just cant keep the bitches off you

What I tell you 'bout dis Jew, nigger!! Ima kill yooo nigger!!

Damn right. They all want to play!

Never played but would try it

Just like fantasy football, except for people who like monsters and wizards

I meet with 3 other players and our dm 1x per week and play the shit out of it

go to roll20 and look for open games that welcome new players and there you go

Time for the system wars :P.

Ah well, having played many I can say that the system matters a whole lot less for the fun than the group you play with does. A group that can play their characters well will do great in any system.

For fantasy settings, my personal preference is with 5e at the moment though. Less chunky rules, more play.

It's a lot of fun, but when you treat it like a video game instead of a role playing game, it's gonna drag it down for everybody.
I'm the only guy in my current group who even bothers to role play, and everyone else only pipes up for 1 or 2 sentences. Then they wonder why my guy finds more magic items.

I played with my friends once and our stupid DM said we had to fight a red dragon at level 5 :/

10/10 with close buds that can relax and get creative with one another.

2/10 with people you don't know and/or idiots who..
a-try to be the center of attention
b-micro-manage the shit out of everything
c-min-max the shit out of everything
d-are absolute garbage at being a DM.

Protips from a loser who plays: get a gm who isn't incompetent. Seriously, it's the difference between enjoying the game and never playing again.

I loved D&D when I was in high school/college. Me and a few buddies played it a lot. This was back in the 2nd Edition days. I usually played a ranger if I wasn't DM'ing. I miss all my old books, dice, and shit, but it went MIA years ago.

What category?
My 4 man party dropped an adult white dragon at level 7
It's actually more like 3, since we have a bard who has +0 to his Constitution, so he dies within the first couple of hits.

This is a problem I've had with a few groups and some players in my own campaigns. Some learn eventually, some have to be prodded at for a bit. My regular group lacks the roleplay some days. Especially now that we're playing some characters that have similar ideals. Not enough conflict.

children can't consent unless it's consent to be a different gender

My current character is neutral evil and is a massive dick to the rest of his party, usually resulting in him getting better rewards.
He practically shoves some of them into the front lines and berates them for not shielding him from arrows well enough.
The DM thinks it's funny so he doesn't say anything, but the rest of the party just takes it.

Yeah if that works for your party and the players are enjoying the game, that's a fine way to play a character. But you want some conflict there I suppose and it sounds like you're not getting it :P

is it even worth keeping friends like that?

Other than the warrior, I feel like my guy can easily take down his party.
Now we're at a point where all players get a stronghold of their own and the DM said we can attack each other.

I live Angband, and varients thereof. To spend any time with an actual D&Der... Id rather get beat silly with a horsecock

Been DM'ing a 5e campaign for about a year now. Absolutely love it. 3.5 is great but the excessive math and mechanics often slowed down the game and clutteted up discussions. We're a role-playing-heavy group and we've found 5e really encourages the role-playing aspect.

Get on Magic: Online. Huge community for that.

Watching "High Rollers" right now and watch "Critical Role", as well.

MFW no one to play with, or to teach me how :/

Where are you located, user?

Exactly my experience with 5e. I've played a lot of systems, mostly learned the game with AD&D and 3.5. 5e seems to be a lot looser on the combat and exact mechanics, leaving a lot more to the imagination of the GM and players.

Although recently I've started up a Maid RPG fantasy setting which is perhaps even easier on the rules... And just weird... It's great!

D&D is amazing but we've transported all our characters to a FATE system now. Not that 5e is bad, I think its actually amazing especially as a DM, but my friends and I are now late 30s married with kids and don't have time between sessions to pour over spells and fiddle with min/maxing (which we used to love in 3.5). Fate makes it so we can just RP our characters and have fun, playing entirely within a half homebrew Forgotten Realms D&D world just using a different system now to play it.

this. except the playing for a year

had a group with a qt. played 5e a few times, she brings her sister 3x as qt. original qt. downgraded to meh

group just dissipated shortly after.

I love 5e but everyone is
>but muh 3.5

North Florida

>be me
>love me some 5e
>play 5e in FLGS for a few months
>dm moves away
>go to FLGS and ask about 5e groups
>we're a Pathfinder store user, maybe you should go across town to Local Gaming Coffee shop

RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Unfortunate. If you lived in my area, I'd ask you to come sit in on one of my sessions.

nice quads

what's your area? 303/720

tons of games here, all 3.5 or FUCKING 2e fags

631, Long Island lol

All kinds of games in my area. Lot of Pathfinder, 5e, and all kinds of White Wolf games.

real nigga right here

I know its a fucking longshot for Sup Forums but looking for a 5e game in west end Toronto pref other oldfags who make time despite work/family/etc.

yeah, but you have to play with people from the east coast

*shudder*

I'm in the sticks between denver and springs and most games are long drive, and then not worth it at all

For my game, we all live within 10 minutes of each other, so we can all meet easily once a week. Sometimes more than that for just chilling.

Ended too soon

Beta game. Real men pay MTG.

Magic the gathering?

That game is for autists