b,
i'm depressed.
what should I do about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NOAgplgTxfc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

fap then kys

kys

Where do you live? I'll give you a blow job.

oh wow, im depressed too.

go for a walk, clean your desk, shave

it's a start I think

You should go to a McDonald's and order a dou le quarter pounder.
I never seen someone sad with that delicious hanburger.

Kik is hairymascbtmvers

Send me a pic of your doc and your location.

steroids, I literally guarantee you will feel 100x better

Dick sorry

when you are depressed you can't get out of bed

Honestly what works for me is working the fuck out and letting the endorphins take over, also psychedelics help

CZECHED

Sounds like a sorry excuse nigga, jump the fuck out your sorry sack and do something before you become so sedentary you can't ever recover

drugs are the only thing that can save you

Tell me a story why you got depressed

Find a purpose, or set a goal if you're a nihilist, and reach it.

youtube.com/watch?v=NOAgplgTxfc

I need story

Go murder someone women then rape them then kys before the cops get ya

See a doctor.
Try some medications.
Maybe they work, but later they stop working.
Try some medications.
Give up.
Live for a while.
See a therapist.
Years pass.
Give up.
Years pass.
See another doctor.
See another doctor.
Try another medication.
Try another medication.
Live for a while.
Find happiness where you can.
Live for a while.
Real happiness creeps in around the edges…
but then it's gone.
Try another medication. This one helps more than the others.
Feel OK for long enough to remember that OK exists.
Keep living.
It gets better sometimes.
No matter what good things happen,
they don't feel as satisfying as they should.
At least not for as long as they should.

But it gets better sometimes,
and the good days come often enough
to stick around.

Years pass…

tastee poison is best poison

Lifestyle changes are more effective, barring serious medical conditions, than medication. However, medication may be useful to get you to a state where you are motivated to make the lifestyle changes. I recommend seeing both a psychologist and psychiatrist. One who can provide therapy and one who can provide medication. I know healthcare sucks in the US so this may not be an option if you are there.

Otherwise:

Fresh air
Exercise
Purpose (college, job, hobby)
Socializing (with someone who is not depressed or will not reinforce your mood)
Good diet (greens, whole wheat, fruit)
Sun exposure (at least 10 minutes DIRECT sun exposure a day)

>links me a 50 fucking minute video of excuses
Bigger bitch than I thought user not gonna lie, that professor probably tickles his taint at how easy it is to intervene in these people's lives and give them a reason to lay there and wonder why everything is wrong with them when they have the power to switch their life with just a change of view

A good-hearted cowboy doll who belongs to a young boy named Andy, sees his position as Andy's favorite toy jeopardized when his parents buy him a new space action figure. Even worse, the arrogant new figure thinks he's a real spaceman on a mission to return to his home planet. When the family moves to a new house, the toys must work together to escape the clutches of maladjusted neighbor and reunite with their owner.

/story

your welcome

Same for me. Walk every day for at least 40 mins. Walk fast to get the heart rate up.

Psychedelics I enjoy now and again, but personally don't help me. They do give me the giggles which can't hurt.

realize that you're in control of your circumstances and you can do something about it, so stop being a cuckold and do it because that's what men do

Its like a curse. I'm 34 and losing hope

This

forget college and job, depressed people can't concentrate, memorize or study

ha. wait til you're 42. I'd give my left nut to be 34 again

best advice you're going to get OP.
tough love but its the truth.
Life sucks sometimes and sadly more for some than others. However, life is easy for no one.
Make the best of what you have as you are the ONLY one with the power to do so.

Get a girlfriend

Just sleep you'll see tomorrow who cares about life

I'm 31, don't say you're losing hope

I have chronic depression and ADHD and I just finished working and am starting college next week negro. Don't speak for everyone

>depressed people can't concentrate, memorize or study

I disagree. Depressed people are not mentally disabled. Many jobs require barely any abstract thought (even well paid jobs). I would imagine most college students suffer from depression during the years, but they still manage to graduate. Part of beginning the process is not putting limits on yourself. You end up giving up before you even begin.

that's bullshit. clinically depressed most of my life managed to get engineering degree and work my way to 6 figures.

i literally slept through months of class in college and nobody noticed. it helps to be smart

and people with no arms can't play golf or shoot pool yet I know someone with no arms that can do both.

what would you do if you could be 34 again

Give me some advice, user

this feels too true, my future looks bleak

Wtf... is this reddit now?

there are levels of depression

>on Sup Forums we're all just assholes

I smell a newfag

>my future looks bleak
depression in a nutshell

my depression really only affects my ambition and desire to create any meaningful relationships, college is fucking easy and I cruise through it dreading the days that i'll actually have to contribute to society

There sure are. Have had bouts of major depression where I would barely leave my bed and wouldn't eat for days. And guess what? I got through it

probably waste my life again

no but seriously remember how good you felt when you were 22? that's how good 34 looks from 42.

losing weight and exercising were easier, I still healed, I still had a career path if I wanted, could have been banging hot 28 year olds...

if I knew what I know now though I would have dropped out, sold my house for scrap and gone to live in a van eating out of dumpsters and hiking all the national parks

Is it you?

watch World of Tomorrow

You sure rekt that man. Oh boy that was hard to watch.

how do you do it

Well, I used to cut myself. I've been in weekly therapy and on medication for 4-5 years. I took up hobbies that consumed all my time

I'm very depressed

not my post but you literally just keep living, and eventually the worst of it wears off and you settle into a casual melancholy.
then you die, just like everyone else

not him but:
sleep a lot and hope something changes

I kept trying and getting beat down further with each failure. I kept getting back up and the world knocked me down again. but eventually something happened and I found happiness. I honestly didn't think I was capable of happiness anymore, but I'd go through it all again to feel this feel I've felt for the last 3 years.

thanks i need that

oh yeah I also ate myself to obesity
>not a recommended course

Well I just moved back in with my mother and step father because I have no job or money left. A week ago the internet/cable was cut off and I thought well my moms forgetful maybe she just forgot. Then tonight the water gets cut off I ask her what's up?

Turns out they have cut the water off 2 times all ready but my mother has been turning it back on so they put a lock on it this time. She owes $900. We took buckets and filled them up at our neighbors who isn't home so we could at least flush our fucking toilets when we shit.

I call every other place and she literally owes every bill company at the least $500. I have no job she has no job my step father has a job but apparently has no money. I have no fucking idea what he spends it on but it's def not this household.

I'm not saying you don't have a reason to be depressed but man thank god your life is good if it is. Cause I'm stuck here wondering what's going to get cut off next or when I'll actually find a job. Fucking feels bad man

Just to be clear, my point is that it's worth it.
I'm not OK, but whenever I come out of a particularly bad period, I'm still here, and that's more interesting than the alternative.

You get through it. That's all. Either you wait it out, or you get fed up with yourself just enough to do something different for a whlie.
(Not my post — feel free to correct me.)

Get a strong rope

>if I knew what I know now though I would have dropped out, sold my house for scrap and gone to live in a van eating out of dumpsters and hiking all the national parks

I want a QT 3.14159 I can do this with. Maybe I'll find one eventually.

>I kept trying and getting beat down...but eventually something happened and I found happiness

This is what has always happened for me, no matter how hard I've tried. I can't stop trying though. I'm too afraid of nothing happening if I don't try.

I weight 173lbs & climbing :/

go to the gym man seriously even if youre a lazy faggot just push yourself ...

sleeping any more than the recommended 6-8 hours will only make things worse as far as your energy and motivation. lifestyle changes need to be focused around ACTIVE changes. exercise can be something as simple as walking around the block in the sun every day. these small routines will make a HUGE difference

you know when you're depressed that shit doesn't matter

but what a shitty situation user. be sure not to get tied into it trying to pay her bills and shit. the best thing you can do is move out and do your own thing and hope she can come live with you one day.

Start start with the little things: Get up, take a shower, get dressed, stuff like that. The only thing that really can help is by doing. Go get some sunlight, go to the store. Things that may not seem like a big deal really are when you're in a rut like that

I used to sleep 16 hours a day or more

now I'm lucky if I get 7, and it's not enough, I seriously shouldn't be driving sometimes I'm so tired

Try taking melatonin?

haha, no I can fall asleep just fine it's environmental factors that keep me up

>wife stays up til 11pm and will wake me if I go to sleep before her, then I can't go back to sleep
>kids wake up at 6:15 am every fucking day
>I always have to get up with the kids

I also have to get up with the kids in the middle of the night if needed.

I'm seriously pretty sure I'm dying. the only good nights are when she is travelling and I go to bed at 8 or 9 right after the kids.

the good news is I'm not depressed anymore.

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHHAHAH

Good thing I don't have kids. Can't have them interrupting my beauty sleep lmao

>I'm still here, and that's more interesting than the alternative
yeah but I can't help worring about "what ifs".

you need to stop fapping - no joke listen to me user

Thanks user yeh I've heard this advice from a lot of people. It's just impossible not to help her but I can't even think about that yet I need a fucking job first. Sitting here wallowing in self pity currently. Tomorrow I'm going to walk around the city and knock on doors to try to mow some fucking lawns. Should get me a little bit of cash some sunlight and exercise all these thing should lift my spirits quite a bit.