What is your opinion of the Flat Earth Theory?

What is your opinion of the Flat Earth Theory?

>theory

Theories need evidence to be called that.

Its somthing you can disprove by just learning your constellations.
Its stupid and wrong.
Anyone who knows what they're looking at when they look at the sky knows its a bunch of shit.
Let alone planes, GPS, and nuclear weapons. Long range missiles work by going into orbit so that atmospheric drag doesn't cost fuel

Im pretty sure the international space station would laugh at your bullshit

Also, explain how you can actually sail the fuck around the world?

Its a stupid theory that faggot 12 year old Sup Forums users (read: millennials) made up to have something gay to post about and think they are trolling the interwebs...fucking kek

So i guess the same would go for the "round" earth "theory" right?

it makes me forget my depression for a few minutes by replacing it with blind rage

Lmao

It's plausible, but not probable.

Unfunny, repetitive, and low-effort trolling.

You are sailing around the edge, due to magnetic anomalies in the plio-centric Earth model, a northward pointing compass really just points to a fixed center point =, creating the illusion of going "around" the world

Think of it as traveling around the edge of a circle rather than a sphere, from your vantage point you could not tell the difference

oh this is great u sir win

Kek

that only works for one trip, not the countless amount of flights that go on day in day out.

stop trying so hard.

What is the theory? I've never heard anyone explain it other than just the earth is flat. Is round earth a governwmnt conspiracy to monopolize flatidium? Is it a failure of our ape minds to comprehend the fabric of the universe around us? Or is it just a really unelaborate troll?
We may never know.

in a flat earth model, accepted measurements of landmasses and ocean would not fit.
a spherical models fits those measurements.

Yeah. Round Earth theory deserves the name.

If the earth is flat where are the intraterrestrials from?

Nope you are traveling at different latitudes not "longitudes" thats the fundamental confusion

retarded. next one

>uses sphere based measurement system
>ALL LANDMASS WUD B WRONG user!!!

top kek

It's not a theory, it's an observed state, it's like observing that a table is flat or that OP is a fag.

Theories are just made up. Like the earth is round - it's just a theory.

If the earth really was 'round', we'd be able to see China and America at the same time from space.

What about the countless amount of scientific proof showing that the earth (and other planets) are round)

As in, we have orbited the earth?

>derp derp the earths flatness following your perception and hur durrrr

problem with that is - we have satellites on ALL around the earth and can see every part of it, curvature and all....

Right so where is your proof the earth is "round"?

People have believed the Earth to be flat for thousands of years, I don;t see how some Jewish scientific 'Revolution" That no one seems to be able to logically explain overturns this majority consensus that has endured far longer

sorry, the burden of proof is on you

>retard.
is Africa bigger than Asia?
if it was a flat earth, then it would be, but there is proof that it isn't.

U w0t m8

>thinks earth is a sphere
>bcuz Nasa fotos guis!!

Wow, so do you believe the NSA is working in your best interest as well?

>opinion
How about the scientific fact it's imperfectly round.

I know you're trolling, OP, but on the off chance that someone in the .0000001% of people that think the Earth is flat is in the thread, I want you to know I think you're an irredeemable retard.

that doesnt even make sense.

thats like saying "fuck, you only travel north or sourth, east and west don't exist"

A logician would label this an "Argument from Authority"

Do you even bother to back your opinions up with proof? Or is blind faith enough for you?

You don't sail in around, or in circles. You sail from one point to another. In a line. You can't do that on a curve.

>mic drop

>Believes NASA
>Believes society that didn't even have GPS yet could land on the Moon

Hmm.....curious

>logician
1/10

we have satellites that orbit the earth, which makes gps possible and satellite tv possible.

Exactly.

This theory is more plausible than going 'around' the earth.

you can when gravity exists. you forget about that in your flawed logic?

Also, sailing from one point to another doesn't actually mean "sailing in a straight line".... its "sailing from one point to another" which actually had a curve due to the shape of the earth.

nice try though.

GPS is for earth only
>global
earth satellites have nothing to do with the moon

Argument from Authority Much>?

Hmmm you rate unfamiliar terms quite low

How surprising given your apparent lack of scientific curiosity

Did sailors need GPS to sail the seas? Shit makes it easier, not impossible.

again, nice try

I am not arguing against a round Earth, it is just that nothing in science is ever assumed "proved". The strength of our confidence in a certain idea just increases as more evidence is found that supports it.

And what does that prove?

That just proves the earth is flat, falling through space and the satellites are falling at the same speed.

See? Not too complicated if you approach with an open mind :) Thanks user

Thoughts? If your capable of thinking you dont need to ask.

Gravity? Just another theory.

kinda dense aren;t you?

First of all its not a fucking theory. Second of all there is no fucking facts backing it up. It's a fucking idiotic shit brain fart that activates the same areas in the brain that terrorists use to recruit people.

3/10
Your trolling is weak as shit newfriend

>compares sailing a boat to moon landing

Do you even reality?

But, did you forget that people actually thought it was flat for a long time.. and found over whelming amounts of evidence to suggest otherwise?

Id go to a different "theory" rather than go back to one that has more evidence against it

Theories are an explanation for why things we've observed behave the way they do. A theory that is accepted as a theory by the scientific community has been vetted by countless people and thousands of hours of works over the course of decades. The flat earth "theory" isn't a theory, it's something an idiot decided to add the word theory to in an attempt to make it sound more legitimate.

Prove it's not a theory?

>Kinda Autistic aren't you?

Well at least you are coming around a bit!

Thanks for the support man, makes me feel a lot more confident with all these shit lords in here

>just a theory
Kek, this is a joke right. You understand what a theory is, right?

its a tool to aid in navigation

in both cases they aren't mandatory

Stay cucked newfags

I know flatters are just trolling but just in case, humans have known the earth and all celestial bodies( above sufficient mass)are round for fucking thousands of years,if the earth is flat, explain moon Mars sun every planet u can see, all of fucking science and common sense. Like I said i know u are trolling but if ur not, kill ur self,.if u can't even figure out how to figure something out, watch carl sagans the cosmos, he literally explains how the earth is round, it involves a ballon 2 match sticks sum glue and a light source.

Wow so Jewish Physics are just off the table for you i guess then?

How did you even find Sup Forums?

Plz return to Reddit

>*feeds his child peppers and apple cider vinegar

Gravity and relativity and evolution are just theories. We can't see it, therefore it's just a theory.

There is no proof the earth is 'round'. Thus, it's just a theory.

is this a new kind of millennial trolling?
you guys are digging at the bottom of the barrel amiright?

Oh, OK

Since the evidence is so "Overwhelming", you could probably list some right?

I have flown around the world in 29hours east->west. How about observing it by myself faggot? Get out of your house and pick a fucking direction and go. Can people really be this stupid???

Yes there is, the horizon, look at other planets ugh I'm not even bothered

Wow, nice Ad Hominem

PROTIP: Logical Fallacies don;t win arguments edgelord

So, are you saying you never bothered to try and disprove your own theory in order to further prove it more correct than a round earth?

amateur mistake there.

if that were true, they would remain motionless from our point of view, rather than move through the sky in a noticeable pattern. and how else would you explain how a satellite can be above russia at one poit and then be above america the less then an hour later, despite the fact theat, according to flat earth theory, it around 15,000 miles away

lol wow, you are still missing the point, amazing, good luck with your greeter job at WalMart

theory.
>Bitch, LAW

It's far from new. Lurk moar.

We can see it, that's the fucking point. You don't even know what evolution is and who is the father of it? And where he made his discoveries do you?

I don;t know what 2 of those works mean, guess which ones?

Considering you can actually measure the curvature of the earth with a laser, a level, a yard stick, and a large body of water; people are absolutely insane to believe this.

I have a number of questions for people who actually believe this?

Why is the earth the only flat one? We can clearly see that other objects in the solar system are sphere shaped, what's special about earth?

What would hold such a massive object in such a shape? How would an object form in a large disc shape?

What is holding the oceans in place if there is an "edge" to the earth? Why has no one ever seen this edge?

And finally, most importantly:
Who benefits from maintaining the massive conspiracy and costly that would be required to keep all of this a secret? How is it that no old timer from NASA (or the age of sail...) ever decided to write a book about this in retirement when he doesn't give a fuck anymore? And if there is some tremendous multi-nation conspiracy to keep this all a secret, how do you think some tin-foil hat wearing assholes on the internet uncovered it all of a sudden?

>0
i was making the point, not you

they think its all holograms and shit projected onto the dome

Jesupls christ what are you 12

Since its so obvious, you should be able to list some of the ample evidence you referenced right?

I'm a little confused as to why no one ever seems able to even list one reference to this alleged "proof"

Prove that it is a theory nigger

lolwut?

You don't fly 'around' the earth. You fly from point to point on a flat plane, like the Cartesian coordinate system.

You just think you fly 'around' the earth due to magnetic anomalies at the edges which put you back in the opposite side in the direction you came from. Like a worm hole.

This what the CERN is about. It's to prove these worm holes. Which will also prove the earth is flat, not 'round'.

dont skip my response trollfag

you aren't allowed to skip responses that you can't come up with a troll retort

Have you ever tried to disprove that the sky is blue?

Oh, you haven't?

Gee....Guess it's not true then

Kinda like the 'Infinite Improbability Drive' probable, right?

theyre simply holograms projected by worlds satanic gov'ts to keep sheeple thinking the world is round,

where is the worm hole evidence

Bro it's all a weak troll, stop trying so hard and just insult the dumb edgelords

A horizon proves there is gravity?

A horizon looks flat. There is no curve when looking at the horizon.

Thus, the earth is flat.

>Newton = Jewish
>Einstein = Jewish
>Gravity = Jewish Physics
>wait...no gravity in space?!

Yea, seems pretty air tight

No.

Oh, so since you can do that can you link me to a youtube video or site that has?

Oh, you can;t?

K thanks bye

Why?

Which was.....?

I kinda chuckled at the apparent lack of scientific curiosity part considering you actively ignore all of the scientific evidence that says you're a shitty troll.