/who/ - Doctor Who General

The Horns of Nimon edition

What does /who/ think of the last story of the Williams era?
Is it terrible or enjoyably camp?
How many Nimon have you seen today?

Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0LW0g0YFgOk
youtube.com/watch?v=98MxxpzIoyg
poal.me/ud50eu
youtube.com/watch?v=3Rn77V1tG38
youtube.com/watch?v=Tj2TzlLt_ZE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reminder.

Reminder.

Reminder "Because it's impossible and you're my Impossible Girl" isn't a valid explanation.

Don't you just wanna go REEEEEEEEEEEEE and punch people sometimes?

Hey, you should be a bus driver!

Not one of the best stories of the 4th Doc desu.

How fast were you going back there?

I said: how fast were you going

Back there?

Back then, studying for my O levels.

I don't understand this memery.

I'm not the original OP btw.

>tfw new Faction content isn't out yet

youtu.be/0LW0g0YFgOk

Based Eccleston

>the 9th Doctor shows up at car crashes to laugh at dead people

this is the chibnall era logo concept art
the plan is for capaldi to regenerate at christmas 2017 and it will be a surprise regeneration
his departure will be announced but the successor will not be revealed until the scene which will be filmed the day of broadcast

>hide post

filtered

>tfw it's almost June
Class in session when?

September or October I should guess.

Is there something this man can't do?

>tfw you relize that the original Doctor has been long dead due to how teleportation devices work in the show and the one we have now is just a copy of possibly another copy who is also a copy of a copy

Come back to Doctor Who.

Just tell yourself one thing.

Series 9 isn't canon.

Nice one, I kek'd.

Remember when we projected "Drive like an idiot die like an idiot" over a wall in detroit?

Sorry but no, I only discovered that video an hour ago.

But The Doctor has used teleports before S9.

>I only discovered that video an hour ago.
hownew.ru

How about an episode in which some parasite gets inside the bodies of people through teleport, because the molecules are shattered and brought back together and during that time the parasite gets in the body?

>IT'S IN THE AIR!

Been here since leak /who/.

The Doctor is now, theoretically, 4 billion+ yrs old.

>the successor will not be revealed until the scene which will be filmed the day of broadcast
I hope this much is at least true

nice meme

Series 9 isn't canon though.

Doctor Who isn't canon

Indeed, the TV movie titled Doctor Who is not canon at all.

sent my hartnell x martha video to /who/tube

now we wait

no? surely we would only count the age of the last doctor in the castle?

not really seeing as how the copy we have now was really only in the confession dial for about a day

Yeah, this will come into play during what's already being called 'the Chibnall masterplan', in which the Doctor will regenerate into

an out-of-focus HP logo

The title is Enemy Within.

No

It's enjoyably camp, and it's also quite serious in intent, beneath that. It certainly has a more powerful underlying moral than a lot of the next season's apparently more serious stories.

Segal said so.

Well i'm sorry to hear that..

Pumped for when Pearl Mackie gives tongue to Peter Capaldi's shit-caked anus this Christmas!

>It's enjoyably camp, and it's also quite serious in intent, beneath that. It certainly has a more powerful underlying moral than a lot of the next season's apparently more serious stories.
This is the shittiest bait I have ever seen, probably.
The actual smell of shit can be detected down the internet haha!
Seriously though, tragic bait mate.

He should have said it in the opening credits of the movie.

He didn't... the sheer stupidity of this as an ending still makes me pinch the bridge of my nose... he didn't restore himself from backup using one before.

gr8 b8

Season eighteen has some great stories, but only two I can bring to mind that have the classic moral messages Doctor Who does so well. The Horns of Nimon's anti-superstition/theocracy message is loud and clear, however you feel about the production.

Now you're praising Heaven Sent, but wait until he clones himself using PartitionMagic next series.

The big bad will be the Word paperclip.

It was a backdoor pilot which had its backdoor shut before it aired, I guess it couldn't be titled on screen.

>ell. The Horns of Nimon's anti-superstition/theocracy message is loud and clear
fuck off mel user/snidey user you predictable shitebag haha!

Utterly desperate mate :)

Some of Doctor Who's best social commentary has been done with a comic touch. Apart from Full Circle and State of Decay, which of season eighteen's stories have anything comparable to that element in Nimon? If you haven't seen the stories, you needn't feel ashamed to say so.

HAHAHA!

You must be pretty bored tonight, mate. This is one the worst yet :)
I'm off to watch a film. Your vampiric time wasting shall not be indulged any longer. Good night :)

Hartnell wasn't black?

Right, not watched them, thought so.

I don't really see an anti-superstition or theocracy message desu. Yeah, the Skonnans worship the Nimon as a god, but evil aliens being worshipped as gods is so standard for Doctor Who it's basically the show on autopilot. You have to go a little further than that for it to seem like this one has a real message beyond "here's a fun story of the type usually done by Doctor Who."

Why bother doing classic series OPs for /who/ when maybe two of the regular posters here can be fucked watching the classic series? Just stick to stuff with Jenna Cardboard for them to whack off to.

Received safely, now uploading - seems to be taking a bit longer than usual, though, stay tuned...

I like classic Who user, just don't feel that strongly about Nimon (aside from Soldeed seeing three of them, that bit's GOAT)

It's the depiction of Soldeed's priestly role that I think makes The Horns of Nimon different from the usual. It follows on from similar stuff in The Creature from the Pit, and I wonder if it's (at least in emphasis, edge) a Douglas Adams contribution.

*capitalized something wrong and my trip came out all shonky, this is why I post user most of the time...

OK, spoiler for the next series.

In episode one, the Doctor's mouth with expand until a huge marrowbone BELLEND emerges

It's okay. The ott acting is enough to make it entertaining, but otherwise it would be Underworld tier.

Reminder to keep track of how many Nimon you see each day.
youtube.com/watch?v=98MxxpzIoyg

Nimons really like to work their glutes

VIP
VERY IMPORTANT POLL

poal.me/ud50eu

What aould the tardis look like redisigned by ninja?

And i mean this ninja

Will we ever get a definitive explanation of regeneration? Some doctors say that it's just a change of face while others, like 10, say youtube.com/watch?v=3Rn77V1tG38

>this is the chibnall era logo concept art
I actually like it and I don't know why. I know this is a fake leak but It's hyping me up! Apart from Capaldi leaving. That sucks.

Like 10's with graffiti and samurai swords on the wall.
I thought we had. Akin to having the flu. 10 was just being overly dramatic.

>Will we ever get a definitive explanation of regeneration?
No, because it needs to be flexible so you can tell different sorts of stories with it. Imagine trying to make Doctor Who 50 years from now while locked into a 'definitive explanation' of something given in 2017?

Dont forget pastel colors

To be fair, the flu doesn't leave you with a completely different personality.
At least, not in any cases that I know of.

NEW
/WHO/
FOR YOU

youtube.com/watch?v=Tj2TzlLt_ZE

If you think about it ninja is the closest thing to a real life doctor we have he change his personality an look often he has companions he is usually likable even if you dont know why and is often misunderstood

What do you mean by "a definitive explaination"? We already know how it works. Every cell in the body is replaced, etc. There's probably more pseudoscientific details in the EU, if you want to check.

How each Time Lord (or incarnation of the same Time Lord) reacts to it is entirely down to their beliefs, personality and experiences. Like not every human deals with the same experience in the same way.

Maybe with some neon thrown in?
Granted. I've always imagined regeneration to be a bit like a seizure. Which can alter your personality, however rarely and usually not so radically. I usually come out of them acting erratically and feeling high as hell and there's usually an accompanying light show behind my eyes

>those crooked teeth at the end.

This is beautiful

nice work

its GOAT
also /who/tube im submitting a video in a bit

Thanks for uploading this - I'll send it to some shipping tumblrs in the morning.

glad someine noticed

What is it?

Cheers m8, I'm always here for /who/'s vidya needs.

Can't wait to see the tumblr posts, imagine if it gains some traction as an actual ship...

I-is this the deliberately dodgy animated reconstruction of a story that's not missing?

>Can't wait to see the tumblr posts, imagine if it gains some traction as an actual ship...
Lower your expectations mate. Shipping fans are way ahead of you on post-ironic meme shipping of improbable couples. No-one is going to watch that video and find it any more than a harmless distraction

Yeah, that's probably true, I'd settle for a few amused or baffled reactions. Not very familiar with shippers tho, are there really that many joke pairings?

>That shitty coverart
Somebody at Big Finish needs to lose their job.

That's fan made

>That creepy menace
>Whenever he's a movie villain he's always stoic and quiet

Fucking why

In that case that user just needs to learn to not post his shitty oc.

So was that like the 90's SPLINK? Have any other Doctors done vehicle related safety PSAs?

JAZZ HANDS

Then what is the Nimon from? It looks pretty different from the ones in the show.