Why is the world turning into the movie, "Idiocracy" everyday? Why doesn't anyone notice?

Why is the world turning into the movie, "Idiocracy" everyday? Why doesn't anyone notice?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=DRFDA_oV4xM
youtube.com/watch?v=JcUi5_eNoqk
youtube.com/watch?v=ziNaZxvp-Qk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The answer to that is explained in the first 10 minutes of the movie. The idiots breed like rabbits and there's nothing we can do about it.

If we were progressive enough to allow the culling of individuals who are seeming unfit to raise even slightly intelligent children, then we wouldn't have a problem. But we value life and human rights way too much to allow an intelligent society to flourish.

hello, have you seen Sup Forums?
I'm not even kidding

Don't worry, we'll be spared idiocracy. There have been a plethora of examples in the past of "geniuses" being born to "idiots". It's not random mutation or chance -- it's that all humans have the capacity for intelligence, and most people aren't given opportunity to reach their potential. So even if all smart people stopped breeding TODAY and all dumb people kept breeding for 500 years, 0.01% of those dumb people would reach their potential and be smart.

Also the baby boomers literally fucked up everything, and they're about to die. There will be a painful 10-15 year adjustment period where we fix everything, then by 2050 the world will be perfect.

That's the unintelligent taking lives though.
And I don't mean necessarily murdering the incredibly dumb ones, but at least taking away their rights to breed would help.

It's not.
The world's population has always been filled with 98% complete fuckwits.
It's just the internet now allows this to be documented easily.

I make a habit of paying in cash, and using change when I can. I have had 3 young cashiers who literally could not count the change I gave them. They proceeded to laugh wheb I corrected them
This is our future

I also had two different cashiers give me to much money back. As much as 5 dollars.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=DRFDA_oV4xM

Because you touch yourself at night.

Look at North Korea.
A dumb population is easy to control.

It's not even.
The problem is that you've hit your 'glass ceiling'. In the sense that, society is becoming two (or more) tiered and unfortunately for whatever reasons you've ended up at the peak of the lower tier(s). Society is becoming more like Wells' Time Machine than Idiocracy.
You just have to think about where technology is going, genetic engineering, designer babies, augmentation etc. The best of these things will be afforded to the rich and the elite. Schools in well off areas will also reap the benefits of up-and-coming technology, furthering the divide.
As a sidenote: Idiocracy is a stoner film, right? It's not actually a decent view of where society is or what it will become.

well we have a black president.

implying that wouldn't include you.

sure kid

> stoner film
You mean a comedy?

the reincarnation of hitler right here folks.

Its not. I have Adblock.

Being this elitist about counting change is ridiculous.

Why don't you tell us what you actually do to prosper and benefit the world.

I bet nothing.

It's the type of humour. I haven't seen many stoner films or comedies to be honest. So i'll take your word for it.

Are you retarded?
The point he was making is they couldn't even do basic math well enough to take money.
A lot of people use coinage for transaction, dumbass.
Getting offended by people using change shows you're one of the problems in society.

What are the problems in society?
I hear it mentioned a lot, but no-one ever expands on just what these problems are.

this is just a bitch thread like all the rest.
millennials suck. that's all there is to it.

For me it comes down to egoisms, shifting of responsibility and no perspective.
People/humanity should focus on creating a better future instead of making the most out of now, often regardless of the cost

Thin skinned little shitheels who get offended by everything - SJWs are the worst offenders. Them and their bullshit tumblr rhetoric need to go.
If they had their way, blacks and Muslims would be allowed to run wild in the name of political correctness gone rampant, and whites would be a 2nd class citizen at best, straight white males would be even less so.
Their little PC gestapo needs to be culled.

What country are you on about? I'm a britbong, and it's not as extreme as you make it sound.

The US - where feminism is running rampant, SJWs are actually trying to get reparations for blacks because of slavery, and cities are being overrun by special little snowflakes (I'm looking at you, Seattle/Austin) that are forcing their ideologies onto everyone via politics.

oh come on...pol is not that bad. always good for a laugh. i wish you could have an actual philosophical debate with out someone being a faggot. but then again welcome to the interwebz right?

Every country that has tax evasion, pandering politicians, disillusioned youth, personal greed over progress and a general distaste for creating and supporting a growing and inclusive community.

buttfuckers will rise

Wow. There you go, blame the baby boomers. And the west. I bet you wish there was some sort of safe space where you could just go and hate the west without feeling marginalized.

youtube.com/watch?v=JcUi5_eNoqk

Apparently you notice. Way to contradict yourself, faggot.

There is a very tight correlation between intelligent parents and intelligent offspring. Inversely stupid people have stupid kids. Yes geniuses are born to morons, but not in a high enough rate to be of benefit to society as a whole.

And preventing people with genetic diseases or grossly undesirable traits contributing to humanity is bad because?
Let me guess, everyone is created equal and only held back by lack of opportunity right?

the concept of dumb people is that they don't know that they're dumb. if they realize they would kill themselves, and we will be like 3 left on earth

This.

Recently, a lot of human behavior has been linked to genetics. It seems nature prevails over nurture in a lot of cases, which is bad news for society as a whole.

There are people who make more in a year than I'll make my whole life, and on top of that I make more in a day than some families will have for generations

The discrepancy of resources in the world propelled by greed and apathy is a societal problem and is also a very real issue

If you actually watch the film, you'll see tha it's a reality where they elect the smartest man in the world as president,,, Seems like a better one than we're living in

Because there is no way to fail, we praise mediocrity, and have no positive national identity. Basically everyone is just looking out for number one.

>Why doesn't anyone notice?

>Open Google
>Type idiocracy
>Click news
>Dozens of articles stating just that

Literally everyone has noticed, dumbass.

In what way?

Intellect definitely does not define leadership. It's necessary, sure but far from the most important quality a leader should have

Exactly.

I'm not saying that Hitler's actions were right by any means, but the idea of limiting the reproduction of certain undesirable traits isn't necessarily crazy.

We currently value life and human rights way too much. Just look at how much money, time and resources we spend on keeping severally mentally and physically challenged people alive nowadays simply because "it's not right" to just let them die off as nature intended.

Plenty of people have noticed. There are even songs about it.
youtube.com/watch?v=ziNaZxvp-Qk

The problem is the smartest among us are too smart to have kids. Kids are the worst std you can get.

At what point though do we define someone as a non-contributor? Are we talking about total and permanent disabilities?
Maybe we should cull the autists or genetically impaired
Why stop there? Next we'll target the unemployed, after that the criminals
Then all the morons, then the cruel, then the religious.

Obviously there's a point where it would be very practical to cull someone as a non-contributor, and a point where it becomes ridiculous to cull a person, but the amount of disagreement on those points means that opening those floodgates could give the power of life and death out of our hands

In this ideal world where only the useful and the smart are allowed to breed, how do you know that those in charge won't consider you to be a non-contributor

First time I ever got head was to that movie, Thanks Terry Crews!

Anybody with an IQ under 80 should be illegal to breed. Ironically they'll have the most kids.

>IQ
Kek

I don't think in any way it's "far" from what any leader should have.

Stupid people make stupid choices more frequently, that is just a fact, un-debatable.

When those choices affect millions of individuals, then those choices being made in an intelligent way make an immense difference.

Not sure how or why you wouldn't agree with that.

Insights?

>this totally wouldnt have affected me
You guys are retarded thinking low intelligence breeds low intelligence

We need to start cloning Einsteins if we want to get out of this mess..

The fear with selective breeding is that the bar will slowly raise higher and higher until only an elite few will be allowed to breed. Genetically this is almost as bad as letting the retards fuck and flourish because it limits the gene pool in other ways.

Realistically if a global convention and set of rules or laws was peer reviewed and set in place and just kept to the basics eg no heritable diseases, no sub 80 iq, no psychotic/criminal history, then only the very worst would actually be prevented without affecting the middle ground.

What is stupidity to you? What makes someone stupid in your eyes? And why should people apply your ideas of stupidity to others?

Are you suggesting it's technically possible for two retards to have a genius baby? Because most likely it will be a mega retard.

Do you have data to back this up?

Albert Einstein wrote, “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

That is an excellent point. Where's the line? I don't have an answer.

But maybe we could go about it a totally different way and make it so that would be parents have to prove that they have the mental capacity to raise children properly before being allowed to breed. Even the simplest of tests could determine if someone was going to look after their children and attempt to raise them properly, or if they were going to force feed them a paleo diet while screaming that vaccinations cause autism.

We need a license to drive a vehicle because without one we may physically harm someone else, but we are allowed to basically program our unlimited offspring with whatever stupid ideologies we have with no need to prove our competence.

>we could administer a test
>doesnt realize people lie

>Implying the only way to cull idiocy is to kill humans.

Not saying you're wrong but look at the world, there is a reason why some people are fucking poor and some are filthy rich.

To me, stupidity is the lack of intelligence.

The lack of ability to solve abstract problems, the more abstract, the higher the intelligence.

So..... yeah.

So intelligence to you is the ability to think abstractly? There is no technical knowledge in your version of intelligence, just being able to think abstractly like autistic people?

Lets start a the bottom and work up.
Would you agree that the individual in pic related is probably a fucking moron and should die childless?

That's true too. I didn't say it was the answer though, just maybe a different way to tackle the situation.

But even still, isn't having a form of regulation that people can lie their way out of still better than absolutely no regulation at all?

I agree completely with you, and I do believe that every leader should be intelligent, but I don't agree that intelligence should be the most looked to quality for a leader

At the risk of sounding wishy washy, I think a more significant quality is compassion and empathy. I'd rather have a moderately abled ruler who wants what's best for his people than a cruel tyrant who can achieve anything he sets his mind to

The problem with that is if someone is wrongfully convicted they lose the privilege of procreating over nothing. On top of that you then have to ask which criminals are allowed to have children and which aren't. Do we classify the embezzler as a non-contributor as well as the petty thief?
And heritable diseases is also very open to loopholes. I have a heritable disease, but it only affects you after a month of being born and is fixed quickly (pyloric stenosis if you want to look it up)

Definitely something everyone in this thread should consider

The licence is a good idea, but what happens of someone not licenced falls pregnant?
If a better society comes at the cost of forced abortions and totalitarian eugenics is it really worth it?

Yes agree

People are quick to support eugenics but forget that the people who created it definitely didn't have us in the equation. You think because you're a college grad with a good job means you're allowed to breed according to their rhetoric? It was purely an elitist agenda.

I think modern materialism in general helps divorce man from the need to reproduce. Look at Japan with the fastest naturally declining population rate due to people just deciding not to have kids anymore. Maybe even some of the cultures of the past disappeared the same way. Maybe man will never be able to evolve into a more intelligence species unless we do it with gene therapy and science.

Obviously no one single test could be used to completely rule out an individual from breeding. It would need to examine a number of different factors before someone was written off completely.

Nope. its just you. only you notice this. youre the only hero we have left to save us.

youre "special"

Technical knowledge is learned, the more difficult concepts in any form of technical knowledge are learned faster if you can think in abstracts.

Going full England and banning people for stealing a loaf of bread or having what could be called a mild or treatable heritable disease is probably taking things too far.

However if you're fucking something like this then you should probably be sterilized

No. Regulations do nothing but benefit the rich

I beg to differ.
I knew an engineer with a masters degree who didnt understand how a lighter worked.

>The licence is a good idea, but what happens of someone not licenced falls pregnant?
>...forced abortions... really worth it?

If the alternative is a reality exactly as depicted in Idiocracy, then honestly, yes. The termination of unborn children in order to prevent the decline of human society to a point in which it can not be self reliant doesn't seem like an extreme choice to me. I know we can't tell if that is actually what the future will look like, but if we knew that was how it was going, then I think getting rid of a few fetuses here and there is a small price to pay.

In the hypothetical world where we implement this sort of solution, how would we prevent this from becoming a major problem with repeated abortions? Tie the tubes of anyone who falls pregnant. Incompetent enough to take the test first? Incompetent enough to ever raise a child, simple. Then we don't run into the problem of having to perform 100 abortions on one woman.

The thing is, there's a vast gulf between what you say is taking things too far (and most people including myself would agree with you) and pic related

Where in that gulf do we decide it's ok to start using eugenics? Who is allowed to decide? What if we don't agree with the people in charge? What if they become corrupt and begin using it as a personal hit list?

thank you for that retarded answer.

Not neccesarily, according to this thread we should base this off intelligence something i dont know from this photo

cry more bitch millennial.

if we did this the democrats would lose their voter base.

So forced sterilization, how long do you think people would allow this?

> offer free state run vasectomy for everybody
> target 16-30 y/o man
> advertise as not becoming a teenage dad and being able to spent money on rad cars
> offer possibility to provide sperm sample, which is securely stored for up to 40 years
> create child protection agency that checks living conditions before access to sperm sample and hence recreation
> get rid of accidental pregnancy and people that pump out babies for social benefits
That's my vision, of course it's very shallow at the moment, but I think you could set it up as a functioning state agency

He's leaking some nuclear poison into our gene pool with that shit. Jesus I hope that gets contained some day.

Like I actually said,
"difficult concepts in any form of technical knowledge are learned faster if you can think in abstracts"

> faster

Doesn't mean the less intelligent CAN'T do it, it just means they learn more slowly.

Yet you still think this qualifies them as stupid. They have the potential to learn and can, but because they dont often think abstractly you deem them stupid, how does that work?

i also always say that

i work as a lecturer doing several courses a year and let me tell you ...
>people are becoming mouthbreathing while slurping a mountain dew doo doo shake sitting in the back of a bus kind of stupid

your meme pretty much sums up everyone in this thread.

Not relevant specifically to your post, but the more people that are marginalised the more the idea is opposed, and then the less effective it is as it could be overthrown completely

On top of that, the governments of the contemporary first worlds will never align themselves with the idea of eugenics, too unpopular.

If by world you mean America, then sure.

Economic eugenics. It's the only way.

If you can't afford to feed your child, the state will support the child on two conditions:

1. Identify the father and garnish his wages to help pay for the support.
2. You better not have *any* more children. If you do, it's mandatoru sterilization for you.

How is this not a fair solution? Yet all my liberal retard friends scream about injustice and racism the moment i bring it up

>doesnt see that he is the same
Lol, ever wonder why YOU see that in the courses YOU teach?

Einstein was a thieving kike, and I guarantee you he didn't believe that bullshit

You think I'm complaining but I'm just saying what's what
Don't get too upset over the fact that people realise that they're being fucked over by the super wealthy

Would an objectively intelligent individual assault strangers at a supermarket?

You're welcome. The safe space is down the hall and to the left.

Why is there a need to find the absolute upper limit of what we deem acceptable for eugenics? If it begins at the bottom of the gene pool, and even only ever manages to weed out the most extreme and obvious cases, then that is still better than nothing.

How is this freedom?
I agree with the first point, but your second point is retarded. They should be allowed to have as many kids as they want, but the state needs to stay out. If you cant feed them, they will die

>would an objectively intelligent individual assualt strangers
The majority of serial killers are intelligent, what is your point? Intelligence has no correlation with violence

>weeding out potential positive genes

The problem with that mentality is you doom the poor fuckers born to neanderthal parents.

Truly, I'd be okay with letting people die, but i don't think any community on the planet has the stomach for it. Thus the middle ground i tried to strike

>Why is there a need to find the absolute upper limit of what we deem acceptable for eugenics? If it begins at the bottom of the gene pool, and even only ever manages to weed out the most extreme and obvious cases, then that is still better than nothing.

I hate to be nitpicky, but it runs into the same problem of what we define as obvious and extreme. It will differ from person to person.

If you actually read my posts I explained this so anyone could understand it.

I said my definition of stupidity is LACK of intelligence, the higher your ability is towards dealing with abstracts the HIGHER your intelligence is.

The more you're lacking, the more stupid you are.
Does not mean anyone less intelligent than the smartest man alive is stupid does it?

Am I being too abstract for you bro?

But forced sterilization takes away a persons freedom, letting the children starve keeps consequences and preserved freedom

You're wrong about the serial killer thing, but your main idea is sound

You can have aggressive geniuses, and passive morons

That's why people should be allowed to segregate and isolate themselves and others, so that people who can agree on what constitutes "extreme and obvious" are free to live their way