Going pro in basketball

Hi, need some advice here. I'm 19 years old and started to play basketball seriously at my university, while doing my degree. Is there any chance I can go pro. If so, can you give some advice?

Yep, super easy. Just email the nba and let them know you're ready. Good luck user!

The problem is Im not from America and I haven't played basketball that much until uni, so I'm still learning the game. Is there hope for me yet?

No, you're too old to go pro now.

>I haven't played basketball that much until uni, so I'm still learning the game.
No,you won't get into the Nba.The possible way to get into the Nba for you would be if you are genetic freak .

Unless you're 7 feet tall, there is no chance you will play in the NBA. Most NBA players are getting drafted at your age.

hmmm, just send an email to nba and I think they can hook you up with some team

practice for a couple more years and try out for a Spanish league.

Festus Ezeli started playing when he was 19 years old

move to America, go to D-League tryouts

considering youre a britbong at Uni, you cant go to the US because the sudden influx of Freedom would literally snap your brittle spine in half, so id suggest going to tryouts for the British basketball league and seeing how well you stack up

most europeans get drafted and are already playing professionally in europe at 19, not playing for some meme college team in the UK

you have no chance unless you are dominant already

dont listen to this loser, email should be enough

Are you 7ft tall?

Fax your resume to Adam Silver. He'll hook you up.

>the only pro league is the one in america
There are european pro leagues too retards, they're just not nearly as good. Which is fine for OP, since he's never going to sniff the NBA anyways.

OP try looking into the amateur/semi-pro/lower leagues in the UK, and see if any of them have open tryouts. If things go well you can use that as a platform to get noticed for higher levels and maybe go pro if you're talented and lucky, but if you can't even make it there then you can't make it anywhere.

I'm not britbong, I'm a lithuanian just studying in UK and I'm 6'3.
Anyway, thanks for the advice guys

I also heard moving to Canada and train is also a valid option. Is that true?

Dont give up! You can do it! I believe in you! Make sure to master the basics, then when you think you've learned all you can during your Uni career, send tapes to Uni's in the U.S. as well as Euro clubs and Asian clubs, one of them is bound to notice you. You can do it user! After you've made it to the pros, I hope that your accomplishments are acknowledged as you will acknowledge the random to rooted for you on Sup Forums. You will then proclaim your acknowledgement on national TV wherever you are.

I BELIEVE

He's never going to get into a Euro league either because all of those guys have been playing for years. By the time OP gets that much experience he'll be too old.

Just sent Silver an email. He said he'll see what he can do. Expect a reply very soon

that's short for the nba.

im a former pro , ive been playing since i was 5 until i had a bad knee injury.

if u want the truth here it is dnt waste ur time playing now ur not going to make it . if u want to play pro sure u can make it 3rd division somewhere in europe , but if u want to be a champion u need to ask urself this , are u a good investment for a team to pay u to play ? how much are u worth ? 1k per month ? 10k ? what ur feeling right now is just an increase of testosterone flowing through u because of ur uni team and the olympics , its going to pass , focus on ur studies and get a good paying job were u use ur brain instead of ur body .

scenario; by some miracle ur can make it pro euroleague , u put ur studies on hold , then u reach 30 u get injured career is over now what , u finish ur uni , apply for a job . guess what , they wont hire a 30 year old graduate with no job experience , now what ur life is literally done

Too small bruh

I understand that, but I'm finishing uni in a year so that is not an issue. Also this is not from olympics or anything, because I always had the passion to go pro, but never had the chance, because of lack of knowledge.

dude ur 2hr uni practice in england is not going to get u pro , just drop it for ur sake

can u dunk? can u make 50 straight free throws ? can u make 10 out of 10 3 points . and this is just the basic shit of so much more u need to know

Pro? Yeah, in the Euro. League or something. Making the NBA will be next to impossible (it's too competitive). Euro league is a pretty good though, and you'll get paid well, but be smart and have a backup. I'd say it's totally possible if you put in the hours (like, it needs to be a second full-time job for you). This shit happens a lot with less competitive sports (compared to the NBA), so I bet it's possible or has happened with the lesser leagues like Euro or Asia.

Worst case is you become a great basketball player and do what you love.

don't fuk up. good luck.

you will really need to practice your outside shot to make it

don't email them text kobe bryant hes got the hookup fpr best training tips and hydration tips

good bless n good luck

Lol.

One of my friends (serviceable high school point guard, not even canadian college material) went to law school in Scotland. He played on their school basketball team and everyone there thought he was like a fucking all star and as good as people in the NBA. Basketball in the UK sucks absolute shit.

No.

nope. there's thousands of people who've been playing since they were 8

>Not Big Basketball?
it's not impossible to break into the NBA playing outside of the US. Huertas on Brazil is 33 and broke into the NBA just last year.

obviously at 6'3 you are a 1 position and that position is stacked and has the most amount of people trying to play it so you to ball out.

try applying for some shitty team like the bucks or lakers and work your way up from ther