Alcoholic Partner

Alcoholic Partner
>Recently started living together with girlfriend.
>Discover she smokes 20 cigs a day.
>Discover she drinks 2 bottles of wine a night, Monday-Thursday.
>Discover she drinks 3 bottles of wine a night Friday- Sunday, plus 'stressful' nights.
>Bringing up the issue leads to her shouting and crying.
If you had to tackle this how would you do it?

Fuck that, I can#t stand alcoholics. Get shot of her and find someone less fucked in the head, drinkers are nothing but trouble.

At least she isn't libtard

Leave that bitch but be sure to shatter her delusion and make her feel like the worthless alcoholic bitch she is.

OP here, she did English Lit', Film Studies and Women's Studies in College

You should help her

OP here, but how should I go about doing that? She's a grown woman with an office job, and it doesn't appear to be effecting her work.

Give her to me, I had an ex that was the same way and would pass out cold every night. I could fuck her in her sleep with no problems without her ever knowing, even did anal a few times.

great, so she's a useless drunk and unemployable too

dump the bitch!

Walk the fuck away and find some that not only respects themselves and me, but someone i can respect as well. Why stay in purpetuating misery op? She wont stop for her, she wont stop for you, you cant make her, you obviously dont like it. She probably gets in her bitch feels and blows her exes when upset with you.

tl;dr WALK....no......RUN THE FUCK AWAY

OP here, she has an office job

What does that have to do with fucking her while she's passed out?

Buy stock in a cheap winery?

Yeah, this sounds familiar, I knew a chicken who said, I'm thirsty, which meant a couple of steel reserves. She was perpetually drunk on high strength lager. Now you know someone is hardcore as the liquor stores wouldn't even let her in. Last I heard from her she had a leg amputation from gangrene from not caring about her health. I'm surprised she doesn't get cirrhosis.

OP here, she has an office job

LEAVE THIS PERSON

*chicken = chick

Fuck this autocorrect shit

Alcohol or Heroin, doesn't matter, you will never be the reason she quits. Trust me on this.
If you go to her and say she has to stop drinking because of you, she will dump you in a second.
She needs counseling - can you get her to do that, you have a chance.
She will only build up a tolorance to her addiction, and it will onl yget worse.
Do something - NOW - anything before she takes you down with her.
Don't set yourself a rosy "it's gonna be OK" future goal. She is too far in.
Be a man, she is over the hill, and you need to take a stance on this.
Maybe get someone from her family or close friend to break it to her, that would direct her anger at someone else.

Anal rape until problematic behavior stops.

Yeah this alcoholism is damn near incurable and alcoholics are almost words than junkies in my opinion. At least junkies don't act prim propper sober got my life together every day just to be kissing themselves while puking near and around the toilet.... Those extremes could tear any same bystander up emotionally

what is wrong with you. DUMP HER!!!

You know all of this dumbass info about her but didn't learn about her disgusting habits until you moved in together?

As a guy who lives with his girlfriend who definitely only drinks because I drink, you should do your best to drink as much as she does. Get on her level, fuckface. Drunk wrestle and shit. Be a young couple and shit. God you sound like a nerd. Alcohol won't kill you before you and her breakup, there is no downside. Go to the liquor store right now.

In all seriousness, if youre intoxicated before she is she'll begin to see how annoying it is.

This

Are you 12?

How did you not find out before she moved in? Smoking a pack a day is bad enough, but she's got to be spending a could hundred dollars a week on booze--that's a downpayment on a fucking house she's killing herself with.

Honestly it's probably ultimatum time. She apparently deceived you (or you are very, very stupid). It will probably be the end of your relationship. Breaking up with her outright is not a bad idea either.

If she's crying like that, she probably knows she's a fuckup. The only thing that might shake her out of it is if she loses someone she loves.

Personally, I would not waste time trying to support someone through counseling--I grew up with drunks and drug addicts, and have had to work through a tendency to self medicate with alcohol (on my own, no therapy or outside support).

Two bottles probably doesn't even get her drunk. I went on a few dates with a girl like this and while it was fun for a minute, I got tired of being around a drunk whore.

why don't you start drinking with her? make her your booze

faggot

i'd just join in tbh but try to switch her from being drunk and annoying to being stoned and quiet

Nah m8 just turned 25. I drink every single day of my life and it affects my personal and professional life

OP here, I knew she was a smoker, but i didn't know she was a heavy smoker. She wouldn't drink whole bottles when we were togeather, she hid that she was a heavy drinker.

Six pack a night here.... two bottles of wine? that's like a 12 pack or more dude. holy fuck. Donct try to keep up. you won't be able to. fuck

How long did you know her before moving in together

Dump. It's never the right time to make a hard decision.

OP here, I knew she was a smoker, but i didn't know she was a heavy smoker. She wouldn't drink whole bottles when we were togeather, she hid that she was a heavy drinker. We were dating for 18 months before we started renting a place togeather.

This is why I keep saying you don't really know someone until you live with them. Good luck OP.

OP here, we were dating for 18 months before we started renting a place togeather.

Welcome to my world...Except mine doesnt smoke. Good luck! life can get real, fast

18 months and you never realized she drank like this or smoked like chimney? You blind, nigga.

Sry for your loss

She deceived you.

Even if you didn't care about the money wasted, or the fact her looks will fall apart in fast forward, or that if you stay together long term, you'll be wheeling her around with an oxygen tank and wiping her ass for twenty years... she basically showed she's willing to trick you into making a big commitment. Get out before she has a birth control "oopsie".

same here, been drunk for years
these ricky c's don't understand

Come on OP, let her go. She will never bring you anything but hurt.
She chose her path, now you need to decide yours...

Seconded
>almost trips of truth

No set of tits will never be that good...

Aww i remember being 22
Op dont do this

Real talk OP, sit down with her and tell her she needs to get her shit together or you're going to pack yours up and leave.

2-3 bottles a night? 20 cigs a day? She isn't going to live to see fucking 50. How long has she been doing this? She's already probably shortened her life expectancy by ~20 years.

Obviously she needs help. Like actual help, not help from you per say but help from a professional. Take her to a psychologist, a therapist, a fucking mental health clinic.

My wife was almost exactly like this. She nearly drank herself to death twice before she hit 25, was smoking almost non stop. I finally told her I had enough of her shit, got her in the car and drove her to a clinic. 2 hours into our visit the psychologist tells me she's coping with the fact that her parents abused her.

4 months of therapy later she despises drinking. She still smokes, but it's more like 1 or 2 a day instead of 20.

She needs fucking help man. If you actually care, get her help.

>implying that makes you better
Kek you probably cant even face life sober, too scared huh?

You fucking idiot.

You can't handle a 12 pack? Shit, I drink anywhere between 12-24 beers most nights, unless I have something to do really early in the morning (other than work), in which case I eat a few xanax and have about a 6 pack

Good for you! Such a badass

fucking this.
Instead of trying to change her or some other shit.

Just end things respectably. Depending on who has the rights to your place, throw her out or get out.
You can't change her and it's only gonna get worse

No, you're just a bitch that can't handle 12 beers.

Totes man! I really need to get better and start drinking everyday like a man right? I cant believe how mich of a pussy i am that i cant kill a bunch of drugs everyday, cause that shit is totes badass. Drinking and popping all my money away is totes badass, you know what else is badass? Suicide, you should check it out

No you

Sure thing, man. You go first, I'll follow suit.

youre just a bitch who cant handle 12 beers that's all.
no one said you had to become an alcohol and kill a "bunch" of drugs every day
you need a drink

Idiot

the only way to be cool is to drink every night without an actual reason
only real men drink every night and day

at least you have a gf

>tfw no gf

But im not the badass, im a pussy man. I cant drink 12 beers a night let alone 24 or a six pack and some xanax. I cant believe im being graced by your presence, it truly is an honor user. Please tell me how you can do this everyday and still look at yourself in the mirror and go damn this dude is a badass, because if i did that the only thing i would see in the mirror is a scared child who has gotten so out of touch with reality that the only way he can make it through this terrible thing called life is to constantly stupify and sedated myself, not like you who obviously sees a badass.

That is exactly what user said

Leave her. She's an alcoholic and a woman, that's two reasons she has to claim she's not responsible for her actions. If she hasn't cheated on you yet, she will. If you matter to her at all, maybe you walking out on her will be the wake up call she needs to get her shit together. At that point she's either not your problem any more or she's trying to become less of a fucked up person. Win-win.

this gave me a good kek

rip anons liver

Seconded. People who brag about their alcohol consumption have always bothered the shit out of me. 9/10 times they are lightweights lying about it anyway.

Pretty much this. She sounds like a deeply unhappy person. If you care about her get her help somehow. If not, don't get dragged down with her. Either way step one is: sit her down and be completely real with her.

Tfw this is literally my mom

As someone who has watched addicts for most of my life, I can say a few things for certain.

One, if someone is running from a very specific trauma, the substance abuse will not go away until that specific trauma is handled.

Do you know why she drinks?

Two, for most people, everyone they love must turn their backs on them in some way for the impact to stick. If they can manipulate even a single person to stay around them, they will over value that relationship and do everything they can to reinforce it.

Is she close with her family?

And three, addicts seldom change for the sake of other people, even those aforementioned people they trap into their lives. She must genuinely want to change. For most this means a self loathing so massive that they would rather change/die than move on.