I'm tired of Europeans laughing at us for having wood homes and no castles...

I'm tired of Europeans laughing at us for having wood homes and no castles. Who wants to help me quarry stone and build a gothic cathedral and castle in the rockies? I am 100% serious but I have no monies so you would have to work for free.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doomsday_Castle
youtube.com/watch?v=E9k6fo1hRN4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_castles_in_the_United_States
youtu.be/E5pZ7uR6v8c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

When I was at elementary school, these two rich kids who live in our local castle invited me to play with them. Man, that castle was huge. So much fun. Must suck to be American

Don't worry ameribro, you can visit our castle anytime you want.

tfw I don't know that feel

i-i bet you get bored of having castles haha

I want to call you a liar, but my neighbor was born in a European castle and he had pictures for proof. I want my kids being born in an American castle. I want to leave my mark on the earth. I'm going to do it too even if I have to do it by myself BY MYSELF

post your castles

You might want to learn from someone else's mistakes, first.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doomsday_Castle

Beat post today so far.

Wooden houses are the best, don't listen to them. They are elegant and smell nice.

>Amerishits can't spell properly
>No socialized healthcare
>No royal family
>No castles

It must suck living in the third world.

well you have this castle

I don't really care about the lack of castles. What I want is legit old towns with cobblestone streets

>Tfw even if we copied the architecture exactly, you still wouldn't have the feeling of knowing that the buildings you see are several hundred years old

'mericans are born in and live in skyscrapers, euros can keep their shitty five story stone hovels

I know a place where you can find people willing to work without receiving monetary compensation

I loved to see some of the really old stone houses I used to see when I lived near Philadelphia. I always imagined they were haunted by rapey ghosts

Where'd ya live near Philly user? I'm in Exton.

There's definitely some beautiful, old houses in PA, but not enough to satisfy me.

Eastern State Penitentiary is pretty cool tho.

Glenside

St augustine

Also Arcadia university was in my town which has a castle in it but was built in 1893 so it doesn't really count. I still think it's cool though

I live in a place that apparently had really impressive architecture at one point. Then the civil war happened it all got burned to the fucking ground and none of it is left

Skyscrapers are our castles t'bh

There's St Augustine in Florida, dating to 1565, and most of old Philadelphia is still up.

youtube.com/watch?v=E9k6fo1hRN4

Imagine being a German. Pre WW2 german cities were basically a fairytale and it just got wiped out in the space of a few years.

DELETE

spanish never built castles in the new world
becasue their royalty didnt live here
they just built fortress

An American castle is just a mall

In my house wall 15 cm thick pine timber. Within another 2 cm plaster. It is considered a sign of luxury for Americans?

not castles

Let them dream, mate

Wooden house |= American plywood shack

IT'S NOT THE SAME!

House size is a sign of luxury to. Mine is like 500 sq meters and I think it is pretty average sized.

kek

>El Peru glorioso

He clearly said not a castle you dumb fuck

I'm planning on going to Germany next summer to visit some old friends from High School who were transfer students in the US. Which castles are the best? By best I'm looking for ones with the richest histories.

Fucking retard.

did anybody say castles?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_castles_in_the_United_States

meme castle

quintessential postcard picture castle

I would take a warm log cabin over a cold stone castle any day. Castles represent tyranny, misery, slavery and inequality. Castles are therefore not needed when such things don't exist. America should be proud for not having many of those disgusting constructions.

>Le castles are for royalty meme

t. country without castles

cool pic, but people in america would complain about having to walk

t. County without castles
Did the Swedes not build any castles in Funland?

all of them

>Not having comfy castles

Why even live?

>helping dad at work in the construction sector
>get to visit all these modern castles the Russian mafia is building in Spain

Jealous I will never have enough money for one. They are so comfy and located in places that should be illegal.

This wont even keep out a swat team with tear gas. These people idiots.

>tfw grand canyon is filled with savages and animal skin umbrellas instead of castles
why even live

> america having no castles
Pls

Does Zordon live there?

youtu.be/E5pZ7uR6v8c
entirely possible desu

>tfw some rich dude wanted to build a car free town in Florida, with a compact plan like a medieval city but it was illegal because of retarded zoning, plot size, and spacing laws and so it never happened

I want to raze this burgershartmall country to the ground. Fucking fat asses force their car infrastructure on everybody because they don't want to walk.

>hurricane happens
>everything falls on itself
>boats to rescue during floods get congested
>what ever exits they have will be congested
>the transport systems will be full
>ton of money spent on helicoptering people away

American castle

>building gothic cathedral and castle in the XXI century

Wow, you really want to seem retarded don't you

Compact stone neighborhoods are able to withstand bad weather better actually.

There's been studies showing the old towns in the middle east keep out sand storms way better for example.

Oops forgot pic

Just don't fall for Ludwig II. In fact, just stay outta Bavaria if you wanna learn about actual Germany. If you're just in for the memes (Maßkrüge, Bretzeln, Lederhosen), go to Bavaria / Neuschwanstein and shit. Enjoy your Asians there.

>no castles
>what is St. Augustine

*puke*
colonies were a mistake

Our "castles" aren't really what people think of as castles though. They're old colonial forts. When people think castles they think old medieval or renaissance shit.

Nah I'm not in it for the memes. My Dad was a history major with a focus on European history so I spent a lot of time listening to him talk or watching documentaries on old Europe. Going there because of an actual interest.

is this how he built his castle?

Can I build a castle nowadays if I have enough money?

There's a lot of free land here, if this could be done then maybe that can too

There are several traveling agencies that offer special castle trips througout Germany often including guided tours at each stop. You may wanna check those out.

Alright thanks for the tip. I'll look into it.