Lyrically, Emotion can basically be summarized almost literally as...

Lyrically, Emotion can basically be summarized almost literally as, "I want to have sex with you / let's have sex / I wish you stayed so we could have sex / I'm not here to not have sex / remember when we had sex?", which is disappointing because otherwise, it's not your typical vapid pop album. It deserved a little lyrical variety or, at the very least, some more subtlety and creativity. Also, the album art coloring is a bit dull. 9/10 if not for these two conspicuous flaws; 8.5/10 with them.

I don't like that I've been here long enough to recognize this as pasta.

are your parents proud of you

>caring about lyrics

Stop with this meme. It's not funny and it doesn't make you look smart, in fact it makes you look dumb. Do you think because you hate on insightful music reviews and call them "pasta" (lol it's also a word for a type of food xDXDXD :-D) for ZERO good reason this makes you a genius? I can tell it does make you think that because your post reeks of extreme pretentiousness. You're not a genius. You're not smart. Where is your review of this album? Of any album? Oh that's right I just remembered, you don't have one. You can't even use proper grammar and punctuation and capitalization much less string a few coherent, meaningful, intelligent sentences together to share on the designated music discussion area of this website. All you do is post the same meaningless, mindless, worthless comments over and over and think you're so funny and hilarious and hip for knowing all the latest "obscure" memes that all the 14 year olds on here and reddit and YouTube pee there pants over. Here's a piece of advice, you know nothing. What you posted was the equivalent of taking a shit on your computer keyboard, but what's sad is, I already know you well enough to know that after you read back your shit roughly 10 times with a smug sense of self satisfaction, and then you clicked Post and watched the window disappear with a feeling of pride and excitement knowing you just shared your "hilarious" memes and disrespect of actual intelligent creative thought with the world, you actually thought someone would be impressed with what you did. Well congratulations buddy, all the kids in Junior High are worshiping you right now. What an accomplishment. Tell you what, I want you to do something for me, for all of us who are legally allowed to post here. I want you to press the X button on this tab, and then I want you to press the X button on every single Sup Forums tab you have open, and I want you to not visit this place ever again, and I'm being totally serious about that dude.

I want to have sex with Carly so bad. She's the only celeb in the world I want to have sex with.

women and men view "love" differently. to women, love is typically emotional. to men, love is typically physical. if you're too stupid to know that, then there's no hope for you.

memelem ssbbbb

not OP, but the lyric's content are what need to be more readily discounted in terms of rating the music, however the actual impact that the lyrics result in is something that cannot be discounted when rating music.

My man, don't be so naive, just because she has a cute voice doesn't mean she can't possibly be talking about sex (she is)

>You're stuck in my head, Suck on my heart, Stuck in my body, body
>Cause you make me feel like I could be driving you all night
>I'll be your sinner in secret When the lights go out
>You and me in the dark right now I feel it
>In your fantasy, dream about me, And all that we could do with this emotion
>I feel like I could die walking up to the room, oh yeah
>It's way too soon, I know this isn't love
>Gimmie love, gimmie love, gimmie love, gimmie love
>I should've asked you to stay, begged you to stay
>I'll love you while Making the most of the night
>I remember being naked We were young freaks just fresh to LA
>There's a little black hole in my golden cup, so You pour, and I'll say stop
>My feet up to my forehead
>I didn't just come here to dance If you know what I mean
>Should I stay?
>Making love until the morning light
>Paint me up, me up, me up
>Just say you'll stay the night
>I wanna feel you
>I know you'll let it go to your head if I say I'll stay

Men are more romantic than women, don't fall for their lies.

This. All women have to do is present their ass.

not as easy as you make it sound for some

When the lyrics are very clearly heard and front and center (being pop) and it's the same basic thing being said over, and over, and over, in simplistic and not very different or unique ways, it's a little hard not to care

for you

cringe.

I think how sweet it is is one of the main draws of the album. It makes me happy.

Haha. I love that word. Good choice my friend, hope you get some gold for the effort ;^)

Thanks lad.

She subconsciously wants it

i wish carly wanted to have sex w/ me :^(
>tfw no qt popstar gf that really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really likes me

What are you, a virgin? Sex is perfectly normal and healthy and the most important thing in the world for most people that aren't broken in some way. You sound bitter.

>broken in some way
you aren't any better

When did I ever say there was anything wrong or abnormal about sex you dunce? My issue is lyrically that's about all she sings about on the album and there's nothing clever or creative in the way she does it either. The album deserved better.

It's an album expressing one of the most fundamental feelings and desires. That's like insulting an album about a man's mother dying being entirely about sorrow and love. Sex is as pure as it gets, and Carly Rae Jepsen's expression of it is a class unto its own.

>the most important thing in the world
that's sad

>most important thing in the world
Yeah, I think you're the virgin / new to sex

>Carly Rae Jepsen's expression of it is a class unto its own.
Stop posting

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with valuing other things, but think of it this way. Our entire evolution has programmed us to make sex the ultimate pleasure. Many of the greatest scientists/geniuses in history were virgins because if they weren't, they'd be having sex instead of discovering the laws of thermodynamics or alternating current.
I'm 22 and have been having sex since I was 14. I live a poly lifestyle and have had numerous partners.
Please refute me with a proper argument.

>I'm 22 and have been having sex since I was 14. I live a poly lifestyle and have had numerous partners.
instant pasta

Is she HAPA?

Holy fuck, what a whore! Somebody gives her a dildo or something.

man, i really don't think she expected the reaction the the album she got. It's fucking fantastic and I love it, but I don't know if she expected close scrutiny.

I don't think its subconscious my dude.

Countless artists have been able to create albums that talked about sex, without being incessant and very uncreative and repetitive about it

If you are *that* obsessed with it you should probably reevaluate your life and find a better balance

>all artists need to be "balanced" and write albums that are a bland, homogeneous mixture of everything
Fuck that. Emotion is an album about sex, it's an album that represents the pinnacle of sexual expression through music. Why dilute the winning formula?