Anyone else on Sup Forums saddened by the death of one of our lesser gods, Gene Wilder?

Anyone else on Sup Forums saddened by the death of one of our lesser gods, Gene Wilder?

R.I.P. in peace man.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r2pt2-F2j2g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Rest in peace in peace??? Wtf?

Its always depressing when an entertainer dies. For me its even worse when it was a musician or someone who did comedy.

Rip
Come with me
And you'll be
In a world of pure imagination
Take a look
And you'll see
Into your imagination
We'll begin
With a spin
Traveling in
The world of my creation
What we'll see
Will defy
Explanation
If you want to view paradise
Simply look around and view it
Anything you want to, do it
Want to change the world?
There's nothing to it
There is no
Life I know
To compare with pure imagination
Living there
You'll be free
If you truly wish to be

Robin Williams affected me, Heath Ledger made me sad, and Phillip Seymour Hoffman may have caused a tear. But this man was the face of my childhood.

Made me smile. Thanks.

Young Frankenstein was one of my favorite movies.

Ya gotta go sometime, but sorry to see the good ones pass.

ya Sup Forumsros
right in the feels
my heart sank painfully when i saw the news the other day

like he was family

might as well have been, grew up with all the flicks

i hope he was comfortable

The man withheld the fact that he had Alzheimers disease for three years lest there be 'one less smile in the world.' We most likely won't see his ilk again.

BTW not that this is necessarily Gene related but saw Young Franenkstein on Broadway a few years ago. Money well spent

hit me too. loved him in every role and willy wonka is my default feel-good film for when I'm down. the ending has me in tears every time...

I still remember Gene Wilder dying years ago. There was a public service

I know his grandson. He went to my middle school.

That was Richard Pryor. Don't smoke crack. Its bad for you user.

Crying rn

Even though he acted like a faggot, I'm not going to reveal his name. So you faggots will have to believe me on this one.

Yeah, Wilder's been a sad story ever since he lost his wife, Gilda Radner, to cancer. He never got over it. He never really did much since. I'm not a terribly religious person, but I hope those 2 are together someplace now. RIP.
(favorite role: Jim, the Waco Kid in Blazing Saddles)

youtube.com/watch?v=r2pt2-F2j2g

So sad. I watched Bonnie & Clyde this past weekend (small part, one of his earliest roles) and I started wondering what he was up to these days. That's when I found out today that he'd passed. Truly a legend.

Thanks for this. Aaaahhh the feals

I loved him in Blazing Saddles, Hadn't seen Charlie and the Chocolate Factory until recently.

He was great in The Producers and Young Frankenstein as well.

Are you really young? Like born since the monstrosity known as "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" was released?

Good bless and farewell.he was no coward.Williams and Hoffman.forever a shame.

I'm 29. So before the one with Wilder yes. Honestly if you're older than that you really shouldn't be on Sup Forums. 29 is bad enough.

I mean, it sucks that he died, but I'm too young (27) to really appreciate what he did, so I'm not overly sad about it.

Gotcha. I grew up on his fare, primarily due to having grown up on his fare. So it felt lightweight like a member of my extended family died

Meant to say due to my parents having grown up on his fare

>I grew up on his fare
>primarily due to having grown up on his fare

This time... This time Gene got the golden ticket.

This shit was saddening to me, but I will bawl like a fucking baby when Mel Brooks dies.

Just like I did with Leslie Nielsen

Yup the man was a fantastic actor, loved Willy Wonka, Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein.

a Sup Forums bro if there ever was one.

farewell you crazy fool

refer to

The man was a true comedic genius. We won't see his like again anytime soon.

b8

He is now one with Kek. All Hail Kek!

I take solace in the knowledge that he has his Gilda back...

Straight broke his heart when she died.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Gene wilder

Currently watching "Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory accompanied by some decent whiskey reserved for an occassion such as the passing of the comedy legend.