>Most difficult languages ranking
>english
>french
>russian
>spanish
>german

Russian > german > french > spanish > english

Am i right?

It depends on what your mother tongue is and what other languages you are fluent in.

I heard English is pretty difficult for non Latin language speakers, any truth to this?

I think German is the most difficult

For anglophones, I think Russian is the hardest, because of its general difficulty combined with the weird sounds (like the alveolar trill for "r", which we aren't used to), while the German and French "r" are essentially the same (and easy to pronounce)

Not too difficult for me.

I want you (anons) to do this "most difficult languages ranking":

>Japanese
>Chinese (Mandarin)
>Korean

For a French native like me:
>Russian
Have to learn an entire new alphabet plus a language from the slavic family which I have no link to. Plus media is hard to get.

>English
Vocabulary is the same for advanced words: example for adverbs you just change the ''-ment'' in French for the ''-ly'' in English and for nouns you change the ''-té'' at the end for the English ''-ty''.

>Spanish
Most basic words are the same, you conjugate the verbs in the same way, pretty easy desu (IMO the easiest language to learn for a French).

>German
This might be due to the fact that I'm bilingual French/English but when I studied German I noticed that the genders of the words are the same as in French and the words look a lot like English (at least for basic words). Example ''man'' becomes ''mann'', ''bread'' becomes ''brot'', etc.

So for me it's

Russian > German > English > Spanish

I heard that German has differnent words for male and female

Korean has different words for “brother” depending on the speaker.

The gender of speaker changes it

Russian can be hard as fuck, but you also can just use simple sentences and speak with accent yet every1 will understand you.

Written, English is pretty easy and straight forward.

Problem is when you try to speak it, as the most used vowel doesn't even have a letter to represent it and consonants make all kind of different sounds without reason.

Nope. Easiest language to learn.

Yes, good goy.

>german is hard meme

>1.3

Russian is the easiest language in the world to learn, I've mastered it when I was a little kid.

right on
depends in your native tongue too

>German
>Mädchen
>grammatical gender
Fuck you

but that's such a common word you get used to it easily

I studied two in 'lower secondary' then it dropped down to one

Well we finns have to Learn English and swedish as mandatory and many take French/German on that side also. So three at the same time is pretty common.

I thought Estonians knew more languages than us, often english+russian(+germany+finnish)

Ranking for me:
French>spanish>german>english

it isn't

Nice bait, proxy. Of all the ones you listed, only Russian should pose a difficulty to anyone. Everything else is piss-tier easy. Now, something like Arabic or Chinese is among the most difficult.

Why does Japanese have a *

My bad, I cropped it. It reads as follows:

>* Languages preceded by asterisks are usually more difficult for native English speakers to learn than other languages in the same category.

Japanese is easy

>For native english speakers.

same. Spanish and English.

As opposed to no criteria in OP's post? Furthermore in theory it should be equally difficult for any non-native speaker to learn.

Well, grammatically it's piss easy, it's the volume of the language that is hard. So many kanji with so many individual meanings and pronounciations, althought you don't need to learn them all, just the shit you'd use daily.

I always found Chinese the hardest, mostly because even if you know the characters you'll have a hard time pronouncing shit.

Why would anyone learn Russian? No, I mean really. It is difficult, there's almost no interesting / original content in Russian (most is just copycatted from eng sourses). The area of it's use is limited to Russia and a few shitholes next to it where them job opportunities are just laughable. What else? Fucking natashas? They usually speak rusglish so you'll manage to arrange the meeting without linguistic super skills. Reading Tolstoy or Pushkin in the original? Meh, don't make me laugh. So, what's the point?

It's kanji that's a cunt

>memorise these squiggles and learn multiple readings of them as well as multiple meanings

Because you keep flocking here that's why

don't misunderstand
I mean the important languages in Europe
But excluded the Portuguese language.
The importance of Portuguese language is due to Brazil
Portuguese does not importance in Europe i guess

t. Weeb

>Have to learn an entire new alphabet

Cyrillic is really close to latin, you can easily learn this alphabet in less than one hour.

DIfferences between cursive and "normal" letters are a pain in the ass though.

>"Great" Britain

>Tilastokeskuksen mukaan vuoden 2012 lopussa Suomessa asui 30 183 Venäjän kansalaista
>bawww, we've been literally overran by damn ryssät making 0.54991% of Finland's population, that's even worse than talvisota

99% of people coming to your country from Russia are Karelians, Vepsians and other kinds of your fingoloid relatives, why are you even complaining? I'm also sure most of them can speak Finnish.

>99% of people coming to your country from Russia are Karelians, Vepsians and other kinds of your fingoloid relatives
Nope, they're people who claim to be them but most of them aren't.

> I'm also sure most of them can speak Finnish.
They can't or it's like 10 words since during the Soviet time you were brought to Siberia if you spoke Finnish

for poles (assuming that they know just polish) it's
russian > english > spanish > french/german (i guess spanish is easier than these, don't know how hard the french is, but german is quite hard if you don't know english)
russian would be easier i guess (except cyrylic alphabet which probably a takes long time to read fluently even if you know the letters), but it's useless

>Karelians, Vepsians and other kinds of your fingoloid relatives

Pretty much no, those are just mongrelized russians who wan't to be something better :^)

All Karelians fled here after the war and Vepsians and other finno-ugrics were pretty much forceassimilated to sovietland.

At first you say they're 100% finnish like you, a minute after you claim they're Russians who have absolutely nothing to do with you. Not sure if it's a double-thinking or just famous asian hypocrisy.

>They can't

I don't believe you. How do they integrate into your society without speaking the language then?

>during the Soviet time you were brought to Siberia if you spoke Finnish

They all came back to Karelia in the 50s after Stalin's death.

Wrong pic, sorry.

>At first you say they're 100% finnish like you, a minute after you claim they're Russians who have absolutely nothing to do with you. Not sure if it's a double-thinking or just famous asian hypocrisy.

No one here has said anything like that. The finno ugric minorities in russia are verily just linquistic minorities. We share more with modernly scandies than say Volga finns

>or just famous asian hypocrisy.

Funny considering how Muscovites and russians in general are closer to mongols than we are so keep your shitty memes to yourself idiot.

Actually let me correct myself. To this day there is no connection with us and altai mongols, no genetic nor linquistic one so yeah. meme harder you literal mongol rapebaby.

this

I guess for some slavs it would be easier to learn Russian than French or German

For English speakers most difficult would be non-indo european languages like Mandarin, Arabic, Finnish, then 'wierd" indoeuropean languages like Greec, Slavic languages etc. The easiest are Spanish, French, German, Swedish since they share a lot of words and grammar.

>Most difficult languages ranking
>Ithkuil
>Rikchik
>Lojban
>Hungarian
>Classical Chinese

Finnish=polish>norwegian=swedish=danish=balkans=russian=asians>german=french=arabic>english>other romances language

norwegian is easier than english i think

>norwegian is easier than english i think
I doubt it. I'd say easiest of the Nordic languages is Swedish, then norwegian and then whatever gibberish danes speak.

Absolutely this.