Goosebumps vs. Are You Afraid of the Dark: Which Was Better?

Both equally caused nightmares, but which was the better of the two, Sup Forums?

Discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I_uBZuLo544
youtube.com/watch?v=wc1mL4Qlgq4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

AYAOTD had more pants shittingly frightening moments
>zombie in the pool
>Ghastly Grinner
>nosferatu
>the aliens with the giant brains
>Madame Visage
>the doll from the basement episode
>Zeebo

Alone in the Dark was really silly sometimes, but frightening in a creepy way. Just creepy. Also the intro is scarier than any horror movie I've seen.

Goosebumps was campy as all shit, and the special effects worsened the effect. Still an enjoyable show.

Are you Afraid

Goosebumps was a joke

AYAOTD is much better. The Goosebumps books were far better than the show

Are You Afraid of the Dark was much scarier, so i prefer that. Goosebumps was pretty good in it's own right but it didn't try to scare the everloving shit out of young children like the other show.

Goosebumps was more fun but ayaotd was better scare wise, of course they're both a joke now, but come home all alone when you're 8 it could be pretty scary.

Goosebumps and Animorphs should be saw as the stain on the pants for the 90s.
Goosebumps has already failed on trying to redeem itself, so Animorphs should be following soon and just shitting the bed on everything.

Nigga who the fuck was talking about animorphs.

Dark was fucking terrifying as a kid. Goosebumps had a few things here and there, but Dark would fuck your shit up hard and fast. Crimson Clown alone scared me more than anything in the Goosebumps show.

I will say though, there was a Goosebumps book where a kid died on Halloween and was being forced to dip his face in worms in Hell that beat out both shows.

Those dubs were.

They're for different age brackets. Goosebumps for younger kids and AYAOTD for older kids.
As an adult though, I prefer Goosebumps. AYAOTD was more hit & miss, like some episodes were just boring.

was that the episode in which a kid stole the nose from a clown in a fair or something and he later stalked him in his house? that shit freaked me out as a kid so much.
>mfw

The Goosebumbs movie was great, AYAOFD doesn't have one.

Wasn''t the Gosling in one of these shows?

Are You Afraid was definitely the scarier show. Even as a kid I thought most Goosebumps episodes were silly and not scary at all, Not to mention the god awful cg.
As an adult though, I think I like Goosebumps better.

also, when are we gonna stream this shit again? I remember we used to watch some episodes on InstaSync or whatever it's called, and it was pretty fun.

No, Crimson Clown was when a kid stole a video game and the clown stalked him home.

I sense a pattern here.

The Haunting Hour desu

Goosebumps had some interesting transformation horror and nasty permanent fates for the protags.

AYAOTD nosferatu episode and the episode with the ghost that would come through a door drawn in chalk on the wall scared the shit out of me when I was a kid

yeah YelloZippo's stream, I think people slowly stopped going cause he kept getting banned for advertising here

AYAOTD, Goosebumps, Freaky Stories

Best 3 shows about scary shit as a kid. After Tales from the Cryptkeeper went away FS came in. Good shit.

The scariest was that one kid getting trapped playing a pinball game forever. No one would hear him or see him. Permanently trapped into something he use to enjoy.

AYAOTD intro was miles ahead of goosebumps and was super comfy with the society parts.
however goosebumps had more rewatchability especially with my sis- it's more entry level.

my nigga
the best taste

you'll cowards don't even smoke crack

This desu fsm
rip in peace

Are You Afraid of the Dark was part of Nicks late night teen block called Snick and was the last show to air at 9:30PM. The show was more adult and aimed more towards teens at first.
In later years it became a little more kid friendly as a new cast took over in the late 90s

With the exeption of The Haunted Mask which aired on FOX on Halloween night at 8PM Goosebumps is more of a corny spooky show for kids.

Are You Afraid of the Dark had darker episodes which still hold up today.

Haunting Hour.

Best spooks, best qts

the only Goosebumps episodes that are remotely scary is The Haunted Mask and the sequel

He was in both actually

I SORTA DIED

This user gets it.

Though the show was much better at emulating the feel and atmosphere of the books as well as actually trying to be scary.

Where's the Beetlejuice cartoon and Aah Real Monsters?

>Nick trying to claim YTV content

get the fuck OUTTA HEEEEEEEEEEE

>Alone in the Dark

user, that's a vidya series.

>tfw Canada will never make any worthwhile programming for kids/teens ever again

AYAOTD was a fun look at traditional gothic horror stories that spun them so they could be introduced to adolescents.

Goosebumps was written by a kike.

'Nuff said.

Goosebumps was silly creepy. It was a fun afternoon show.

AYAOTD was actually creepy.

>the two siblings with the faces

>Where's the Beetlejuice
Hes a late 90s kid as you can tell by his inclusion of the EXTREME Ghostbustesr instead of The Real Ghostbusters. Meaning he was probably born i the late 80s or early 90s instead of the early to mid 80s.

Hes the kind of user who will say he hates Doug because he mostly remembers the shitty Disney's Doug rather than Nick's Doug.

THis.

Someone should do a stream sometime
>tfw instasync is down

I liked AYAOTD a lot better, though the bits in Goosebumps prior to the actual episode where R.L. was introducing the show kinda creeped me because of the guys weird mole.
I gave that Haunting Hour a shot and I swear I was just watching reshot episodes of AYAOTD.

>AYAOFD doesn't have one.
theres a direct to tv movie about a golden eye or something about

Oh shit. That fucking episode. Fuck. I'd almost forgotten.

Are you Afraid of the Dark scared me way more. Even that fucking opening sequence took me forever to not be scared of tho that was because watching it by myself one time and the power shut off during a storm.

What happened to the streams? I want to watch more spooky shows with Sup Forums

Watched both as a kid, Are you afraid of the dark was scarier for me.
The episode that haunts me to this day is when they go to a carnival? but take the wrong way and end up at some house and ice cream melts through the floor,

nightmare fuel till this day

The Shia ep with the doll was good

Stay out of the Basement was my favourite Goosebumps book the movie was meh

I was obsessed with Goosebumps books as a kid, but the show wasn't very good.

AYAotD made Goose bumps look like ginger beer

The Best eps are always killer dolls

The worst eps are always mummies

Are You Afraid Of The Dark?

youtube.com/watch?v=I_uBZuLo544

holy shit that's an HL2 zombie soundclip at 22 seconds.

/spookyshows started streaming a few weeks ago but now instasync is gone or something. it was back up for a while but then went down again and is still down

I had that and the Terror Tower episodes on VHS as a kid. Loved them both. So comfy and nice qts in both episodes.

The sister in this episode mangg

w-what do you think he did with her?

"Anything you want. You just have to do one thing."
> What's that?
Feed me.

Planted pumpkin seeds.

> he doesn't know about the wilhelm scream
slight audio distortions to make a "new sound" cannot hide it when you know it.

AYAOTD was definitely better if you mean having decent stories that would genuinely scare someone up to the age of ~13. Has almost a dozen absolutely high quality, good scare episodes.

I'm pretty sure Goosebumps only had two or three really good episodes to that effect and most of the time it was trying to be goofy or was goofy unintentionally.

favorite episodes have to be the one with the guy who paints girls into paintings and the bad mojo camera

Any AYAOTD episode recommendations? Tried to go through a bunch of them, but kept hitting all the lame ones.

As for Goosebumps, I'd unironically recommend:

Werewolf of Fever Swamp
The Haunted Mask
A Night in Terror Tower
Welcome to Dead House
Werewolf Skin

Wow, this post reeks of autism.

goosebumps was definitely the funny scary show
>that episode were the boy uses a sun tan lotion and turns into a dog

the episode with the killer potato scared the shit out of me as a kid

Dead Man's Float made me scared of the water for years.

Best AYAOTD episode by far.

>that skeleton
top kek

If you haven't already watched The Tale of the Dead Man's Float and The Tale of the Thirteenth Floor then I'd go there. They're pretty universally regarded as the scariest/most unsettling episodes in the entire series. They're also extremely well known so I'd be surprised if you hadn't seen them unless you're young

I still remember seeing Dead Man's Float live and being terrified of even bathing for several weeks.

I used to watch Are You Afraid of the Dark until my friend called me a pussy and said I should watch Tales of the Crypt. I told my mom about it so when she was at blockbuster she saw a movie called Tales From the Hood and got it for me thinking "hood" meant a Grim Reaper's hood.

No, it was black thug horror movie with plenty of drug use and killing.

Thanks, user. Didn't have cable as a youngling so I only saw scraps of the show from Blockbuster and library rentals. The one where the kid drowns in the ravine on his bike and the one where the kid froze to death over night really fucked with me when I was eight.

was it good?

Just remember the advice is a double edged sword in that after Dead Man's Float and Thirteenth Floor the rest of the series seems pretty lame in comparison. Save for a few genuine turd episodes I enjoy the entire series as an encapsulation of my youth and life in the early 90s.

But seriously, Dead Man's Float is literally a better scare than anything "horror" related Hollywood has put out in 20 years.

The best was pic related. Not as spooky as AYAOTD but even as a kid you could tell it was more creative. Probably could still enjoy it as an adult because of based Joe Dante's aesthetics and cartoonish/satirical sense of humor.

The Tale of the Dead Man's Float
>that pool zombie people always post. good horror and qts
The Tale of the Hungry Hounds
>90s qts. that's all
The Tale of Midnight Madness
>interracial couple fights Nosferatu in an old movie theater.
The Tale of Laughing in the Dark
>It's the most fun in the park, when you're laughing in the dark. killer clown.
The Tale of the Lonely Ghost
>fucking creepy ep with a really good twist and tons of cute girls.
The Tale of the Dark Music
>really good concept with a lot of spooky imagery. A demon lives in a kid's cellar.
The Tale of Jake and the Leprechaun
>cool Irish mythology serves as a decent foundation for an allegory about pedophilia and child sex grooming
The Tale of the Pinball Wizard
>A radical 90s teen saves a qt princess from a dungeon in a shopping mall. It's fucking cool.
The Tale of the Quicksilver
>a demon comes out of the wall. this fucked me up as a kid.
The Tale of the Renegade Virus
>l33t hackers and a silver midget who wants to plug into your hand or some shit. creepy villain.
The Tale of the Ghastly Grinner
>one of the most memorable eps. great villain and 90s comic book atmosphere
The Tale of the Night Shift
>great horror. Best villain. Just a really good vampire story that's actually scary.

Reboot Series(Season 6 and beyond - not as good)
The Tale of Oblivion
>cool concept
The Tale of Bigfoot Ridge
>People outsmart a monster. great ep.

Best thing about this show is that for some reason Viacom doesn't give a shit about the entire series being uploaded on YouTube and all the episodes are up on there.

I wish there was a 24/7 Sup Forums synchtube room for threads like this

>the episode a woman with tumblr glasses and bright red hair tried to ban fun
>Cyndi giving me an eyebrow fetish
fucking great show

you are such a contrarian hipster wannabe faggot

>which of one would you say is better A or B

you

>hur dur i actually think that D is better cuz hur dur dur

fuck off

Goosebumps have amazing plot twist. Like the ants episode. That shit was scary as fuck

Autism

No he's talking about Zeebo

goat show
definitely the best spook show

>autism
>He fell for the autism meme.

Not really. It was a bunch of short scary stories that took place...well in the hood.

youtube.com/watch?v=wc1mL4Qlgq4

What is the RL Stine show that had a black host that pretended to be RL Stine? Anyone remember?

was i the only one that mixed up goosebumps, eerie indiana and ayaotd? when i was a kid i thought they were all one single show