Which olympic event has the best overall athletes? Best when it comes to a balance of speed, strength, endurance, etc

Which olympic event has the best overall athletes? Best when it comes to a balance of speed, strength, endurance, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YKEOjWEzVGs
youtu.be/YKEOjWEzVGs?t=1m3s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Basketball

inb4 >endurance

Decathletes obvi.

Any answer other than the Decathalon isn't possible.

P.S. The Artist Formerly Known as Bruce Jenner won that event in 1976 and 1980.

None because most of them are so specialized and toned for their respective events to the point of being more or less abnormal.

800m

Sprint 400m in 46 seconds
Run 10 miles in 50 minutes
Elite strength to weight ratio

is that guy natty?

Decathlon

>The Irish person picks an event you can do indoors

Shocked, I am.

>Summer
Basketball probably
>Winter
Hockey

It's definitely wrestlers.
t. wrestler

Rugby 7s

In all honesty i might have to say gymnasts. I dont even like gymnastics but watching those dudes go nuts on the pummel horse. Super strong and flexible.

Most of them are running sticks. Excluding the niggers... they are fucking animals.

Decathlon
Anyone who says gymnastics is retarded

400m

Hard to argue any other sport 2bh

might be right, male gymnasts doing parallel bars and rings are retard strength
it also helps they're manlets and don't have a ton of weight to throw around but anyone that can iron cross is strong as fuck

what about boxers? those guys train like motherfuckers. they have strength, endurance, agility, explosive power.

This X 100. Wrestling is the toughest sport overall.

only fight 3 rounds

Boxe and Hockey

Water polo or rugby.

Olympic boxing is AIDS

Rowers

Summer: Rugby
Winter: Hockey

Rugby is a close 2nd for me
Id still give it to gymnasts though. Some of those rugby boys are a little husky.

Rudisha's world record in 800m is probably the most insane performance by any human in history.

I mean that's a world record that will most likely never be broken. The London 2012 run was pretty amazing.
youtube.com/watch?v=YKEOjWEzVGs

Summer: Basketball - speed, agility, strength, technique, jumping, hand-eye coordination, foot-work. Pretty much everything except for hitting other players. If American football were an Olympic sport, it definitely takes the cake.

Winter: Hockey - like basketball, just everything combined.

>is probably the most insane performance by any human in history.
It's incredible but I'd dispute it
Zydrunas Savickas in the 2010 Arnolds was the most ridiculously dominant performance by a single man pretty much ever.

The Decathlon which, by the way, will be won by an American

>a world record that will most likely never be broken
They always say that. The records on high jump, long jump, 100m and 200m are fucking massive, but someone always beats them eventually.
But the records that will probably stand the longest are womens 100m, womens 200m and womens 10.000m. (Because massive amounts of unproven doping)

Football. Already been tested and proven, football players are the best overall athletes.

Thats my ideal natty body

>800m was my event
Fuck that was exciting. I can't wait for track to start at this Olympics.

literally pent/decathletes
or triathlon

possibly male gymnastics and boxing too

>70195604
rugby union*

i'm trying to see how this is exciting but it just didn't click, the leader was in the lead pretty much the whole time and there was very little drama
what am i missing, is it just one of those events that you have to participate in to enjoy watching?

Rugby 7's desu

mirin dem traps on the right breh

>natty

g8b8m8

>1980
U wot

>is it just one of those events that you have to participate in to enjoy watching?
Could be. At least for me, that's part of it.

The other part is that those guys are averaging 12.6 seconds per 100m, 8 times over. That pace is absolutely amazing. To top it off he's the first and only person to ever run a sub 1:41 800m, and Rudisha has set the world record the last 3 times. Nobody has come close since that performance.

I guess you could compare it to a really amazing catch in football or crazy goal in soccer, if that's what you watch. I can appreciate the incredible amount of skill that goes into those plays "for the history books" but it doesn't really get me excited.

Right is the bottom right?

Fencing

dressage

>canacucks always trying to shoehorn hockey into a discussion
A FUCKING LEAF

Its the only sport that ha no doping though

this, not even a question.

if its anything like horse racing i'd beg to differ

It's only two tenths of a second faster than the previous record. It will definitely be broken.

This.

thread ended here, it's the fucking decathlon.

Judoka are fucking fit.

>niggerhoop
Please don't embarass yourself or your wifes afro-american son again.

>all these people not saying basketball and soccer

if you were the best athlete you would pick the sport that pays 20 million a year plus endorsements. money is king

rugby
decathlon
basketball
swimming/football
martial arts and gymnastics

wait let me revise and correct
rugby
waterpolo
decathlon
boxe(10 rounds of 3 minutes each)
swimming/football(football wold be first but it doesn't focus on upper body strenght)
basketball
martial arts/gymnastics

wrestling....obviously?

decathlon, how the fuck is this even debatable?

Everyone in the field set massive personal best. It was the fastest 800m of all time ever.

Coming into the games David Rudisha was the most dominant middle distance runner of all time and he further cemented it by leading the race himself and breaking the world record.

In track and field it's uncommon for world records to be broke period but for any even 800 and up to be broken without pace setters is incredible. Leading a race like the 800 and going out sub 50 sec for the first lap is physically and mentally draining but watching Rudisha do that and keep his foot on the accelerator down the back stretch and lead everyone else to incredible times is one of the greatest track and field fears of all time.

...why isn't horse racing in the olympics?

The modern pentathlon.

Horse Riding, pistol shooting, fencing, running, swimming.

Literally a sport that teaches you how to be a fucking badass highwayman. If Errol Flynn did a sport it would be the modern pentathlon. The first athlete to ever lose a medal for doping was a modern pentathlete who got busted for being drunk.

The Olympic committee have the best 4D chess athletes.

youtu.be/YKEOjWEzVGs?t=1m3s
quintessentially british
>1 finger sign
>boom