/bowie/ dead man still releasing new music edition

made a high quality art for new bowie ep if anybody needs it. the highest I could find was 500x500 elsewhere. bowie thread I guess

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xIgdid8dsC8
bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b088ktm6/david-bowie-the-last-five-years
youtube.com/watch?v=mA7a95gC144
bowiesongs.wordpress.com/category/leon-1994/
stream2watch.cc/live-television/united-kingdom/bbc-2-live-stream
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>the highest I could find was 500x500 elsewhere.
I found 3000x3000

>3000*3000=9000000
IT'S OVER 9000

I'm really loving "No Plan" and I'm left wondering why he didn't include this on Blackstar, I think it would have made a fantastic fit on that album.

the song feels like a ghost singing from beyond the grave about living on through video screens.
Its perfect for an extra song after he died

I always felt Blackstar was too short.

Bow to the master... he made his death into art

Does anybody have a download link to the EP?

Physical release when

"This is not quite yet"
What did he mean by this?

this song is fucking amazing

I think he meant to release after he passed. I think its GENIUS

>mfw killing a little time

It's just the last four tracks of the Lazarus album.

You're right, it is very fitting as a posthumous release.

Normally this shit doesn't sit right with me, but this seems like it was planned by Bowie himself.

When I met you is pretty gud, rest is meh

I thought the opposite. Don't like When I Met You but the others are great.

Some people have a more objective taste than others, nothing wrong with this

i thought they were all pretty solid

Killing a little time is GOAT

I actually didn't mind everybody jumping on the Bowie fan bandwagon when he died. It just seemed like his death was another way for this generation to appreciate Bowie.

I don't like the guitar on it, sounds cheesy.

there a link for this?

youtube.com/watch?v=xIgdid8dsC8

this is quite a bit better than anything on blackstar

I meant for the full EP. But i did enjoy this.

>this is quite a bit better than anything on blackstar
no

>no vinyl (or even CD) release without buying the whole Lazarus soundtrack album

His singing on No Plan reminds me of Sinatra.

who here saw the new documentary?

link?

bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b088ktm6/david-bowie-the-last-five-years

The player doesn't work outside the UK. Well, that fucking sucks. Thanks anyway

It was okay but there wasn't much focus on the last five years - I was expecting far more unreleased footage of Bowie during that period but they went back to the 70s to show footage we've all already seen quite a lot.

youtube.com/watch?v=mA7a95gC144

I know deep cuts gets shilled here quite a bit but this is actually quite a nice tribute - a lot better than a lot of the tripe you see floating around the web.

Had me in tears

use the google chrome extension beebs. that's how i watched it

That synth on "Girl Loves Me" at the end

the new video,at the end my pc froze, then crashed.
so strange.
I didn't think I like the song style, but now it's rattling around in my head wonderfully bittersweet.

Is a torrent or download up?

>vinyl release
>4 tracks
It's too big for a 7" and too small for a 10".

It's 18 minutes. That's pretty much ideal for a 10" release (or a 12" at 45rpm).

Where is that bass line from on "When I Met You" I know I've heard it elsewhere, but I can't pinpoint it.

It feels good to share the same birthday as him. Happy Birthday David Bowie!

Happy Birthday user

been saying this since the Lazarus cast album came out. the other two are pretty damn good, but Killing A Little Time is angry Bowie at his best.

The glistening synth on "No Plan" is so god damn soothing, total ear candy.

fuck this new song is so Sinatra like, i love it

>He was always on my backlog of things to listen to
>Dies
>Listen to Blackstar
>"oh fuck"
>Listen to everything
>Three times
>Still listen to Blackstar and Alladin Sane at least once a week

been a casual Bowie fan since the Outside days when i saw him on tour with NIN. had a couple of his albums i didn't listen to all that much. after he died, i delved into his work and was astonished that even what's considered his bad stuff - Tonight, Never Let Me Down, Hours - had something to it.

yo i heard the ep been leaked. any links?

Just look for the Lazarus cast album.

Sounds snobbish but it's pretty crazy the amount of people who think these are brand new, they've been out for months. This EP is just them being made stand-alone.

dude, the songs have been out since Oct or Nov. also the links aren't difficult to find. don't mean to be an asshole, but, fuck, google is your friend, mate.

ok turns out that's not what im looking for
im looking for an unreleased album recorded ~1994? 20 minute long songs, eno is on it somewhere

You're thinking of The Leon Suites.

thx

also quite easily found. just use the obvious key words. i think you can find it on the wonderworld bowie board. good luck, mate. The Leon Suites are a different animal altogether from anything Bowie had done previous. they mostly survived as the segue segments on Outside and some of the more musical elements as parts of the songs.

i read that there's about 3 and a half hours worth of recordings for it, but what is easily found online is only 70 minutes or so

This. Also, the Lazarus musical tracks are actually quite good

>i read that there's about 3 and a half hours worth of recordings for it
it really depends on who is doing to telling. i've read that they recorded 2 more suites that weren't properly mixed or presented to studio execs, unlike the 3 Leon Suites that were leaked. i've read that there was 20+ hours of stuff recorded. plus other material for Contamination. only Eno really knows, i guess.

also, if you're interested in further reading on Leon, or about any other Bowie albums, i'd suggested perusing this site at your leisure. a wealth of material there.

>bowiesongs.wordpress.com/category/leon-1994/

stream2watch.cc/live-television/united-kingdom/bbc-2-live-stream

:ยด)

I wonder why they waited till his birthday to release this and the music video, it's been out for months and even then it's not those Blackstar sequel demos David supposedly recorded a few days before he died

People consider hours bad?

hours is pretty good desu

the consensus among older Bowie fans is that it's the worst of the latter day albums. it's not really a bad album, per se, but there's a lot of filler, including that song he outsourced lyrics to. ugh.