Literally the best show of the late 90's

> Literally the best show of the late 90's

Discuss. And leave your bluh bluh joss whedon sjw fetish shit behind.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d9olwnDCac0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I wish this board was around when the show was on.

>its another Spike and Buffy have sex episode.

>It's another Xander does nothing episode.

You won't occupy my mind anymore jewish seductress, I don't crave you.

It's amazing how fast the show made a 180 and then another 180 again at the finale. Season 7 started out pretty decent and then turned to complete horseshit and then the finale was so emotionally satisfying to long-time fans that it somehow made up for it.

Only seasons 1-5 are canon. Everything after the move to UPN should be ignored. Yes, even the musical episode.

you made this thread a little late for me, i'm always looking for buffy threads to post my hd webms. and now there's season 6 & 7 included.
keeo this thread up for 10 hours, k, f4m?

Honestly I think the finale is way better in season 7 than 5. While Buffy dying was a lot more emotional something just felt complete about seeing her standing there silently smiling staring at the crater that was Sunnydale.

Otherwise about 80% of both Season 6 and 7 were shit, I'm not disagreeing. But while overall storylines suffered a lot I think individual episode stories got better. The episode where Buffy was in a psych ward was great.

SMG is a jew?

>letting tara live
>keeping spike from his soul

it had very good stand alone episodes and very shitty overarching villains with meh plot and underwhelming resolution.I liked spike and had hard time dealing with him being a rapist.I liked buffy till the had to take on the role of mother and I liked willow till she turns into whiny bitch.Never liked dawn or xander.I liked anthony head a lot, to a point where I downloaded his old albums

Angel was better, but Buffy is pretty good. Even the awful seasons (4-7) have some good episodes in there.

>I liked spike and had hard time dealing with him being a rapist
Yeah, him being a murderous, inhuman monster is one thing, but rape? That's just too far.

I wish she had stayed hot or we had a new her

What about the comics?

There are a lot of REALLY good episodes and there are a lot of pretty bad ones too. First and second season are tip top tier. SMG is my 90'sfu.

Well to be fair a big part of his storyline up until that fucking point was him learning to be a better person because he loved Buffy. It was just a giant fucking step backwards that could have only been redeemed by him getting his soul back.

I can relate to wanting to murder someone or going mad with power but I don't really understand thoughts that would move one to rape.

not the same guy but it was weird for me too. He was a few century old murderer and i'm supposed to believe he'd be infatuated with some cunt that wasn't interested in him? This is the main problem with Buffy. The inconsistencies and lack of vision in exchange for fanfiction tier writing.

I've only read a couple. They're pretty good by comic standards but the main appeal of Buffy for me was the actors/actresses and the chemistry between them.

>ywn live in sunnydale and be one of Buffy's best friends
>Buffy will never save you at the very last moment from a demon
>it isn't real at all
I feel like shit

>finale was so emotionally satisfying

>oh hey buffy it's angel. here i want to give you the thing that will save the day. don't forget to tune in to my show. bye buffy

I never said it was well written story wise. Emotionally it hit all the right notes that Buffy was known for and was very clear Joss tried to salvage the fucked up plot they had made without him as he tried to make Firefly in the background.

Vampires are evil, they cannot be good. That's the point of it (Spike's rape and vamps in general) only being redeemable by getting a soul.

If Spike could actually be a regular, good person without a soul then Buffy is a monster for dusting at least the new vampires.

I thought I was a buffy "fanboy" when I was in my early teens, went around to this chicks house with a friend after a night getting drunk, she had been hounding after me at social gatherings for months, kinda crazy cute looking but she was a social outcast because she often had smelly armpits, being an autistic virgin I had no idea how to react to her chasing with the stigma from friends about her stench

Somehow we got onto talking about buffy and she offered to watch it at her place, my friend instantly crashed in the room away from us and the tv, she was overly excited to start watching some buffy and asked me to choose the episode we watched, the only one I could think of was the musical one but thinking now I was actually trying to remember the episode with the mute blind / blue guys who were floating around(?), anyway the episode is playing and im trying to edge closer to her on the couch not really paying any attention because I wasn't there to watch fucking Buffy. I'm getting really nervous as the episode is going on and im turning to try and make a move and kiss her, and shes staring right back at me with those crazy eyes and she just starts belting out and singing word for word the rest of the fucking episode.

episode ended and I just woke my friend up and left while she was talking about scripts she had of different episodes

kinda looked like pic

She was probably a freak in bed, you fucked up.

k

I felt like vampires were sociopaths instead of being inherently evil, that + blood lust did not yield good people

Huh, interesting way to look at it. I once saw Spike analyzed as his character arc largely consisting of his love for Buffy turning from a selfish one to a selfless once, hence him getting his soul for her.

>They're pretty good by comic standards

They're crap. Stay away from the comics.

how did they get away with putting so much sex into the show, werent they supposed to be in high school for the first 3 seasons at least. and then they even add rape and make buffy addicted to rape

you sound like a faggot.The ep with mute guys is called Hush

>Literally the best show of the late 90's

If i was a teen girl I'd agree but I'm a semi grown dude.
Buffy was a great show but Angel was waaaaay better.

Angel was not all teen high school will the boy like me crap.

The show got a lot more edgy after season 5. There was a network change and they were much more explicit with lines and sex and stuff. Willow and Tara were actually allowed to kiss on screen though, which was nice.

Before I think sex was kind of just a thing that happened. Buffy had sex one time in highschool and it was losing her virginity to Angel, and then had sex in college with a guy and then Riley which was normal. I think Willow and Oz had sex like one time that it was canon right before season 3 ended because the world was about to freaking end.

Whyd you have to do this to me user? Whyd you gotta bring these memories back?

>ywn be at The Bronze with your 90's ass clothes and haircut listening to 90's ass music with some 90's QT dancing up against you when vampires attack

you sound like my cousin who doesn't seem to like female leads for some reason

someone should probably do a study to see if chicks who watch buffy are more into bondage, biting and scratching. real hot shit

That gif is taken from buffy 4x20. I can tell by it being wide-screen and Angel season 1 didn't broadcast in wide-screen. How's that for autism?

people in high school have sex

Well Buffy was largely a show about Growing up while Angel was a show about adults. I'd argue by season 5ish Buffy stops being about teen girl drama and focuses a bit more on the adult aspect.

>SJWs RUINING THIS SHOW WITH THEIR FORCED LESBIAN RELATIONSHIP

yeah i'm glad it wasn't.

>you sound like my cousin who doesn't seem to like female leads for some reason

Right kid.

I must hate women if i think Buffy was great but Angel was better.

tumblr is that way newfriend---->

>Angel was not all teen high school will the boy like me crap.
I don't recall there being much of that in buffy . I dropped Angel on ep 1 since I was sick of the setting, it did not look all that better

I had sex with more girls while I was in high school than out of it. The only weird thing was a high schooler was fucking around with a much older guy. Whedon wouldn't have that shit these days. Angel would be a predator taking advantage of the defenseless girl.

>I'd argue by season 5ish Buffy stops being about teen girl drama and

I'll agree with that. It transitioned more to just her crazy life once the college stuff ended.

My ex loved to scratch. I never told her, but it really pissed me off. We'd be really into it and I'm going at it and it's real good and shit, then this bitch scratches the fuck out of my back. I always had this sudden urge to slap her across the mouth. Like, fuck, bitch, I'm trying to enjoy myself and you're trying to injure me.

Maybe I'm the weird one, but I don't see how violence can be a turn on.

I didn't say that. I was talking about my cousin. You just sound like some of the stuff he was saying. It was literally yesterday so it's fresh in my mind. Just making conversation, sheesh

>I don't recall there being much of that in buffy

You don't recall the
>teen high school will the boy like me crap

I don't think the show you watched was called Buffy the Vampire Slayer then.

>my cousin

Then your cuz knows what he's talking about.

Seasons 2 and 3 are Godtier and paved the way for dramatic television that you see on HBO today.

Then they lost all plot when Angel left and Buffy graduated, like most high school shows.

was not that when dawn rolled in?season 5 is when all went to shit

nice blog

You gotta be in the right mindset. I would've been into that shit.

Also you should have slapped her across the mouth, that would have been the best thing to ever happen to her.

Well normally it's consensual. What she did just sounds really rude. I think a big part of the turn on is giving up the control aspect and letting them abuse you, I suppose?

Season 2 was like 70% shit

I didn't pick a fight with him and I won't with you. I find that this is the sort of thing you can't change a person's mind about in either direction when they have it made up already

I'd argue Dawn is the result of a forced upper hand making Joss Whedon add a younger character to relate to younger audiences since the gang was all out of Highschool. It was clever what he did with it, but Dawn was really annoying.

Thankfully she got better in season 7. Too little too late but she was at least semi-likeable by then.

>best show of the late 90's

No, that would be the X-Files while it was still on air at the time. Although they are probably my two favourite shows ever, so it doesn't really matter.

Angel's plot and storylines were far better, but it will never achieve the comfiness Buffy episodes have, especially considering all the main characters' interactions in those episodes (Xander, Willow and Giles). So while I agree that Angel was technically the better show, Buffy just has an aura in its naive use of vampires and their plotlines that I just adorable for some reason, and I end up coming back for more, even if I wasn't a teen when I watched both shows. Maybe it evokes nostalgia of my childhood.

One thing is for sure though, Wesley is by far the best character in the buffyverse, the arc he goes though in Angel is just unbelievably good, I never expected a spin-off could handle it so adeptly.

>Also you should have slapped her across the mouth, that would have been the best thing to ever happen to her.

Ambiguous reasoning?

like a give a fuck.The why of thinks is mildly interesting in passing but it never changes what actually was on screen so I never get why people jump to executives as a go to excuse for show turning to crap.

i know people have sex in high school but some of the stuff in the show was a little too much for a show aimed at teens and i wonder if this would be allowed nowadays. like when faith uses xander as her fucktoy in one episode or when xander uses a spell or whatever to make all the bitches want his dick and they only get stopped seconds before they can gangrape him

>season 5 is when all went to shit

I have no idea how some people don't consider S5 the third best season. Probably the most consistent one, too. Dawn isn't that terrible and is even a part of what made the best episode so good.

Everything with pre-broken Spike was great. Angelus was great and Dru was fantastic. All the villains were great.

There were 5 or 6 filler episodes that dragged, but if you cut it down to 15 or 16 episodes like most tv shows you get a phenomenal season.

>One thing is for sure though, Wesley is by far the best character in the buffyverse, the arc he goes though in Angel is just unbelievably good, I never expected a spin-off could handle it so adeptly.

Yup. That kind of character building and development is very rare, even nowadays. Wesley as a character is a piece of art.

If she was willing to scratch the shit out of you roughing her up probably would have turned her on. Maybe not slapping but light choking or taking control of her is probably what she wanted, from my experience at least. Its like an invitation to forcing her to stop.

>The X-Files
my nigga. The worst part of the new season was it didn't have the 90s aesthetic. I could not care less about what Mulder and Scully thought of cell phones and Twitter

>its a no bra episode

Dawn is shit, every aspect of her plot lines was shit from kleptomania to glory.glory itself was a shit antagonist. name 1 good non musical ep of s5

> Only seasons 1-5 are canon. Everything after the move to UPN should be ignored.

Wrong. Season 6 is my favourite season. It had some of the shows best episodes. It only gets hated on because it's so much darker than all the other seasons.

>Best Girl List ?

1. Faith
2. Dawn
3. Drusilla

Fool for Love
The Body

I also liked The Replacement, but not everyone thinks Xander is funny.

>name 1 good non musical ep of s5

The Body, The Gift, and Fool for Love. Three of the best episodes in the entire series. The kleptomania shit and the music episode is from S6.

>TFW no qt snake lady to lick your kitty

Not that person but... It's taken from Angel. Angel aired wide-screen in the UK and is available in the format on Region 2 DVDs and on Netflix.

Is this literally the most seductively dark scene in television history?

youtube.com/watch?v=d9olwnDCac0

I have to agree with you. The show lost all of its intrigue and mystery with the new season. Part of what made it succeed was the fact that we weren't sure all the paranormal and ayys were real, the protagonists were chasing after the truth, not sure if it's real or just a conspiracy, and we waited for them to uncover the truth. This mystery feeling evoked by the MOTW episodes was made stronger in arc episodes which were used very well in the earlier seasons like in E.B.E., Erlenmeyer flask, Fallen Angel, Duane Barry, Ascension, Anasazi and so on, until Talitha Cumi, the season 3 finale, where it started going in a bad direction, too fantastic to be plausible, it wouldn't tie well with the down to Earth mystery of the rest of the show.

The new season just pissed on all of that, they couldn't hope to recapture the feeling of the 90's, new technology and technophobia, government mistrust, the alien phenomenon was still at peak popularity... They should've just laid the show to rest. Chris Carter pissed on the fans with that finale as well, fuck him.

Well you mean season 6 but in that case "Normal Again"

That's from Angel S1 when Faith and then Buffy made their guest appearances. The one after Five by Five, it wasn't nearly as good as that one.

The show captures the entire experience of growing up perfectly. Season 1-3 mythologize that entire High School experience and while 4 has some growing pains (due to having to change plans unexpectedly when some casting shake-ups happened) it really does mimic that awkward transition period when you enter college.

Season 5 has them more adjusted to it and is one of the first looks at them dealing with more adult problems. Season 6 takes it a step further, really muddying the lines of morality and tearing apart our heroes while adding what is (I think) one of the best displays of depression I've seen in a television show.

Season 7 (not the best season but it's my favorite, actually) does something cool with how it mimics the show's progression. It starts off by going back to high school with some more one-off stories like the early seasons, only teasing some of the more serialized elements, while also taking some of the darker and more serious tone from the later ones. As the season progresses, you begin to get more serialized storylines and episodes but also some lighter and goofier tones mixed in.

What would you do if you entered her house and found her paralized in this position?

Start boiling up some eggs

call an ambulance I guess?

rob the place?

>Thankfully she got better in season 7. T
I LOVE season 7 Dawn. She's like a mini-Willow and Giles. Michelle Trachtenberg was amazing in that episode where Dawn thinks she's a potential.

If it had been its own show with a separate name and different actors I would have thought it was okay to good. But it wasn't X-Files for sure.

It's really weird how she went from the most hated character to a pretty reasonably liked one.

>and then they even add rape and make buffy addicted to rape
what? i only watched the first couple seasons what are you talking about?

I remember when he found out what sjw meant and he said he'd be lucky if he was "social justice waterboy."

I do think season 7 felt rushed and poorly written (keep in mind that Joss had three shows on the air at this time) but season 6 is tied with 3 as my personal fav. I loved the whole demons-as-life-metaphors theme going throughout the show, and then for season 6 they just bluntly did real life problems like money, addiction, rushed weddings - it made the show feel real in a way it had yet to feel. I think The Body in season 5 was the ultimate turning point for this show, everything has such a different feel after that.

its in the later seasons, i dont remember it exactly but spike kind of forces himself on buffy and they fuck and shes like all disgusted by it but then she starts getting into it.

lol I remember being furious that Angel didn't stick around for the big fight. Watching him roll his eyes as Buffy says bye to Spike would have been priceless

>that episode where goes to the dream world where she is in a mental hospital and everyone tells her the real world is actually her dream world and its all a lie

that episode was fucked up, especially since you only have to change the perspective a little bit to make all the things that happen in the show seem like her crazy delusions

Had a crush on Cordelia, Buffy, and Willow. Wanted to do completely different things to all three of them.

please tell us in detail

No, don't.

>"This Jew broad she kills Draculas"

Does anyone think a Buffy/Angel reunion series will ever happen? I can see something like that working on Netflix, the majority of the actors on both shows have pretty open schedules these days (god knows Nicholas Brendon could use the work). The only cast members that would be an issue are David Boreanaz since Bones seems to be running forever, and Vincent Kartheiser after Mad Men gave him some big actor britches.

It's a big plus that Joss is no longer attached to The Avengers and doesn't seem to have anything else in development. He definitely has enough money and power to do whatever he wants now, he would just have to obtain the Buffy rights from those Kuzui fuckheads.