What is your favorite Studio Ghibli film?

What is your favorite Studio Ghibli film?

Other urls found in this thread:

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/32/Ja-Ghibli.oga.
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

either pic related or OP

The one with the big tree in space.

Porco Rosso is objectively the best.

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind

Porco Rosso is the best.

i like howl's moving castle alot. not sure why.

havent seen many others because i can't find fucking dubs online

We really don't need to have this thread every few days.

good taste

It's kind of a toss up between From up on Poppy Hill and Castle in the Sky for me.

CitS a best. You just can't beat Mark Hamill as Muska.

"A superior being such as myself has only one option - burn them."

Sounds interesting what is it called?

Its this, The Cat Returns or Spirited Away for me (yes I know I'm a pleb).

>tfw she's dead now

He has to mean Laputa. See Personally I think Kaguya is best Ghibli but that's a tough call

How do you pronounce Ghibli Sup Forums?

Chi-blee

Gibb lee

I've never seen it, but I agree

Cute movie, but was it supposed to be some sort of pedo fantasy? There's no way this guy was younger than 17

Gay-Blee

Objectively a snooze fest. Oshii was on the money about that movie.

Jibblee.

I think I like Howl's the most. Just the setting and characters and shit.

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/32/Ja-Ghibli.oga.

It might have my favorite characters, but the narrative is ALL fucked up. It has a horribly clunky and disjointed storyline. It's his worst directing job. It's also one of the world movies to pick to introduce someone who has never seen a Miyazaki film--they'll noticing the glaring problems, but they won't be primed to appreciate the charming Miyazakisms.

Manga was better though.

Oshii's interview about Ghibli is a bit odd, and he doesn't really say too much about Porco, just that he thinks Miyazaki put too much of himself into the protagonist. I like that Oshii recognizes how great Takahata's Anne of Green Gables adaption was, for a tv show the direction is top-tier.

>Nausicaa manga
Patrician taste

porco rossos little hangout cave is like so feelsy and comfy

NOTHING WRING
O
T
H
I
N
G

Why am I never satisfied with the ending of a ghibli film?

Why do hippies ruin everything?

You haven't watched Only Yesterday.

Mononoke is my personal favorite I love all the ghibli films but they usually have dipping points where my interest kinda wavers with what's going on. Mononoke is the big exception even the slower more atmospheric parts of the movie are still extremely enthralling, I love movies like that where if feels like there isn't even a moment of wasted screen time.

He killed millions.

Pic related, Miyazaki's masterpiece imo

But that music

Kikis delivery service

Whisper Of The Heart or Monokoe

Nausicaa and Mononoke

Mononoke is actually really good if you watch it a few times and tolerate that a little bit of tone and subtly is lost hearing it dubbed

I can say the worst as a film is Howl. It has tons of great parts, but as a whole it's sort of a mess.

Ponyo is worse.

Kiki's Delivery Service. I watched it after i'd moved to a new city so it was therapeutic as fuck. One of the most simple but pleasing movies i've ever watched.

patrician detected.

However I'm shocked nobody mentioned Grave of the Fireflies. That film is a fucking masterpiece, whether you like animation or not.

Why are you ruining such pure movie with those thoughts?

Grave of the Fireflies is my absolute favorite. I recommend it to everyone.

I recommended it to this girl and when she did, she told me "Eh, not that sad.". Fuck her

Add in Kaguya as a 3-way tie and this is my answer.

Grave of the Fireflies felt so artificial, like it was focusing more into trying to "trick" me into caring about the kids instead of transporting me into the story.

Because of that I couldn't get too invested in it. So, eh, not that sad.

>One of the greatest achievements of humanity in art and storytelling tier:
Nausicaa (Manga)

>God Tier:
Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Kaguya

>High Tier:
Castle in the Sky, Grave of the Fireflies, Kiki's Delivery Service, Pom Poko, Porco Rosso, When Marnie Was There.

>Good Tier:
My Neighbour Totoro, Arrietty, Whisper of the Heart, Only Yesterday, Ponyo, Ocean Waves, Castle of Cagliostro

>Okay Tier:
The Cat Returns, The Wind Rises, Howls Moving Castle, From Up On Poppy Hill, Nausicaa (movie)

>What the fuck, how did this even get put into development, didn't anybody look at the script? (Also whitewashing literally every single character from Black, which was one of the major points of the Earthsea books and this film was so bad the Ursula K Le Guin even said "What the fuck?"):
Tales of Earthsea

Cultural Barrier Tier:
My Neighbours The Yamadas.

Shit Nobody has seen or even knows exists Tier:
Iblard Jikan (Really good when your high as fuck and just want to watch something while in bed)

Ghibli is like Anderson.

I like all his films alot, some are better than others, but I like some more despite being "inferior":

My personal favorites, in both quality and rewatchability are:

>Spirited Away
>Mononoke-hime
>Howl's moving castle

Porco Rosso is right behind them, but its honestly lacking in general plot, or in grandness.

Does Nausicaa count?

If not that, then probably Kiki's Delivery Service.

lol turbo pleb spotted
spirited away by a country mile mate!

Fucking DUHHHH
As if there's any other answer, you stupid fucking plebs.

He watches synchronized films

I know this is entry level as fuck, but Spirited Away is honestly one of the most beautiful films I've ever watched in my entire life. Every time I sit down and watch it I just get this warm, comforting feeling. I love everything about it.

Why do I like this movie so much? I'm not a girl and I didn't grow up in Japan so I don't know how I can connect with it.

Because it is pure. It is honest and true. No other film matches it.

It's a movie centered around nostalgia and reevaluating your life's path among other things, it's pretty universal. It's Ghibli's magnum opus and I don't think it's close. Has Takahata officially retired?

If so, princess k was a noble exit
Man has a better career than Miyazaki

This. Kaguya is my fav but Wind Rises is a close second.

shut up, nigger
Only Yesterday trumps all that shit

The Cat Returns and Ocean Waves for me.

They're raiding Sup Forums.

>The Cat Returns
My nigger.

Steam Boy

The Wind Rises, Spirited Away or NausicaƤ.

From Up On Poppy Hill is underrated. I can see why it was panned, but it's honestly much better than a lot of his father's work. Very strong character.

You fucking pleb, you know Ghibli isn't just Miyazaki, right?

Probably Mononoke or Spirited Away.

I'm never not in the mood to watch Spirited Away, and I think the pinnacle of the film is the train ride. Top tier everything.

I love everything about Howl's, except for Howl.

>Cultural Barrier Tier:
>My Neighbours The Yamadas.
I can't believe people recommend this as a movie that transcends cultural boundaries when it opens with the father slicing a bamboo shoot with a katana to reveal a baby. Still loved it though, especially the ending.

whisper of the heart becaouse plot is close to my heart (being artist and training hard)
second pleace is mononoke . best climat, animation and music

1) Spirited Away, bar none my fabvorite animated anything
2) Mononoke
3) Castle in the Sky
4) Totoro
5) Nausicaa
6) Howl
7) Porco Rosso
8) When Marnie was there
9) Kaguya
10) Arrietty
11) Cat returns
12) Whisper of the heart
13) Wind Rises
14) Earthsea(sue me faggots)
15) Kiki
16) Poppy Hill
17) Ocean Waves
18) Ponyo
19) Pom Poko
20) Only Yesteday
21) My neighbors the Yamads
22) Grave of the fireflies

Is it a coincidence that people who make these pointless lists have shit taste?

Is it a coinkidink that people who reply to this lists with snarls suck 20 cocks on a daily basis?

>The Wind Rises so low on every list
>mfw the scene where they ask the boss to do the wedding and he tears up

It's just not that good lad

castle in the sky > whisper of the heart > porco rosso > kiki's delivery service > totoro > howl's moving castle > naussica > grave of fireflies > spirited away > the wind rises > princess mononoke

I watched Castle In The Sky for the first time recently and it got me just how fully formed of a Ghibli film it was. I figured it would be a rough diamond since it was their first major outing but it was pretty much fucking perfect.

:^)

Probably Kiki's Delivery Service. I like a few others almost as well but Kiki's Delivery Service has the best OST of any Ghibli movie bar none - and that's saying something.

I think it's fair to say that by this point Shinkai is Miyazaki's heir to the throne. Journey to Agartha has so many Miyazaki trademarks it's almost a rip-off. He also said his favorite film is Laputa, which is clearly patrishun taste

>fair to say
>Shinkai is Miyazaki's heir to the throne

He's a one trick pony who only got out of his comfort zone once to make a Ghibli rip-off. His movies are also terrible.

Shinkai literally making the same movie every time, he's nowhere close to Miyazaki's vision and his deep understanding of medium

NausicaƤ of the Valley of the Wind without a doubt.

My Neighbor Totoro

>his movies are terrible

kys faggot

In the correct order(There is only one correct order):
>Lupin
>Fireflies
>NausicaƤ
>Mononoke
>Spirited Away
>Kaguya
>Whisper
>Porco
>Totoro
>Kiki
>Castle
>Pom Poko
>Wind Rises
>Yesterday
>Howl
>Ocean Waves
>Arrietty
>Ponyo
>Earthsea

>missing 4
>lupin is not ghibli by any stretch of the imagination

Fuck off

Seeing Spirited Away in a theater was a lifechanging experience, it was so drastically different to everything I saw before. Still my favorite if theirs. After that movie I finally accepted that I'm a fucking weeb. Thanks Miyazaki.

Nausicaa is somewhere up there too.

Well they're certainly not good. He basically just does variations on one theme; if he has breadth as an artist I've yet to see it.

this

Also, there are literally no decent anime movie directors right now besides Hosoda.
Anno a hack, Watanabe became senile, Oshii now making shitty direct-to-video live actions, Kon is dead

Neither is Nausicaa. They are both Miyasaki movies. Fuck off yourself, autist.

He killed millions

>le smoking cigarettes anime

what a lazy shitshow

And what is the theme you're talking about?

Nausicaa has literally all the trademarks of the Ghibli productions and kickstarted the company into existing. Lupin? You mean Castle of Cagliostro right, faggot? How is it in any way Ghibli beside sharing a director?

Nausicaa is the reason why Ghibli could be founded and is included in official Ghibli compilations home media. Lupin doesn't come close.

Hosoda is a decent director, but he needs to hire a writer because his stories and characters are god awful. His most recent movie was terrible. He really hasn't made a good feature length film yet.

>watanabe senile
He made the best anime of this century not 2 years ago

>anno a hack
He was always shit

>oshii
Is he still doing Patlabor stuff? I have no idea

>Kon kill
Well, yeah. You could always rewatch Magnetic Rose tho

>hosoda needs a writer
He wrote Wolf Children right? There'a barely better writing in animation anywhere

Porco Rossi.

>There'a barely better writing in animation anywhere

It makes the elementary mistake of having a completely pointless narrator and a character with a nonsensical motive to move the story or emphasize a point. Wolf Children isn't a bad movie, but even Disney and Pixar are currently pumping out movies with better writing currently.