Prove me wrong

Prove me wrong
>protip: you can't

7*0=0
0/0=? != 7
ez

Take this dumb shit to /sci/.
Theyll sort you out

0 isnt actually considered a number, its considered a lack there of a number, so u cant cancel out 0s

You're right. But instead of using 7, you can use any arbitrary number. So 0/0 equals any possible real or complex number, which is why really 0/0 is indeterminate.

Division is done in priority faggot

tfw u cant divide by 0

You can't divide by 0,because there is no number that you can multiply with 0 that will result in a 7.

This user has understanding of mathematics that can rival Einstein's.

Rule O:

>He who divides by zero
> should definitely become an hero

you cant divide by zero you retard

7 = 7 alright.

stupid cunt...
When con "cancel" terms you are dividing both numbers, to an equal of 1.
0/0 = indetermined.
is a number, check sets theory. its only have differents laws.
easy way to understad for all you flat-earth believers

A little known fact is that you *can* divide by 0 but only if you immediately multiply by 0 afterwards.

Listen up fag there are math principles to considered, crossing out numbers like a bitch baby thats not how math works..... Damn i wonder y the world is filled with hippie fags like u who cant even process 7/0... Fukdis

7/0=infinity infinity*0=0

7/0 is not infinity dumbass its undefine, which means it is nothing in the state of mathematics, you cant do anything to it

Simple
>7/0x0=7
>7/0=7/0
>???=???
>op=fag
Solved

define dividing by zero and you get a nobel prize

infinity * 0 doesn't equal 0. It's indeterminate form. Depending on what functions went towards infinity * 0 the answer might be different. If you have limit as x approaches infinity of x * 1/x then that tends to infinity * 1/infinity which is infinity * 0. But we all know that x * 1/x is just 1.

7/0=/=infinity you tard, the limit does not exist so x/0=undefined

The joke about this picture that all of the conduit and duct work is ran on the floor of this building? Because other than that, i dont get it..

U just cant use 0 to divide faggot

undefined(0) = 7
>ok kid

you can basicly divide by 0 but you are theoreticaly end up in infinity

Tfw physics major at uni... Tfw this is an actual shortcut used in certain scenarios in physics, specifically quantum.

7/0=infinity because you can take 0 away from 7 infintely. that is since division is just a glorified version of subtraction. so infinity time 0=0. anything times 0 equals 0

can you give an example?

0 is zero over zero so it'd still be 7/0

No, what you do is something like

lim_{eps -> 0}[ (7/eps)*eps ] = lim_{eps -> 0}[ 7 ]= 7

Pay more attention.

/thread
>indeterminate

WTF ! You cant divide by zero!!!!( unless you're taking the limits then use De L'Hospital ). Sorry mate but you have to repeat class

7/0*0=7
7*0=7*0
0=0

That can't be right, but I don't know enough math to disprove it.

> WTF ! You cant divide by zero!!!
how's autism treating you?

Hey faggots, i have a question, more of a theory(?)
0/0 = x
0 = x * 0
X = R because it could be any rea number.

I know theres probably something wrong with that, so tell me, whats wrong?

because of BEDMAS, we follow the rule of doing multiplication and division in order when they are beside eachother

this means that we do 7/0 first, and then multiply by 0. and due to all divisions being fractions, we can do 7 over 0 times 0, which results in 0

gg ez

Havent taken calc in awhile its
7/X • 0 lim x just above and below 0
Is it inf • 0 = -inf • 0 = 0

Actually this is correct, it's why x/0 is an indeterminate form since 0*x=0 for all x. Similarly with infinity being divided or multiplied.
>I has math degree

How can zero be real when our eyes aren't real?

The Algebra defines x/y as x*y^(-1) and y^(-1) is the inverse of y. A characteristic of fields is, that in a field (like R) every element except the 0 has an inverse, and also that the 0 has no inverse.

So your expression isn't defined and therefore can't be calculated

bedmas is also known as order of operations, which follows

Brackets, Exponents, Division, Multiplication, Addition, Subtraction

Yeah so? But what significance does this have to mathematics? Stop wasting everyones time

omfg you can't be serious how old are you?

Well, shit, that was a pretty good atempt at math. The void inside me is filled up now, with math, of course

physics is used to describe the universe, math is used to describe everything else

>except the 0
yes, but please be precise. you are talking abot the 0 for the multiplicative law. this element (which is defined by : forall x in F, x.0=0.x=0) is is *generally* written 0 but not always at all...

Yeah of course, the name 0 only is given to the neutral element of the addition, and therefore has nothing to do (by definition) with the multiplication. But I'm on my phone so I didn't want to write that much.

well, political science isn't science

i thought that was obvious

obviously

You have not even proven that you are right

this is a completely stupid statement
do you know that riemanian varieties are pure mathematical objects that are fucking helle necessary for physics to properly describe the universe ?

dumbass shit teen faggot reading too much garbage knowledge on the net

go to bed now

0 is, of course, a number you dumb nigger

dividing by zero is undefined. there is nothing to prove you wrong.

no you can't.

>When con "cancel" terms you are dividing both numbers, to an equal of 1.
>0/0 = indetermined.
This faggot got it right, except for the typo. You can't cancel 0's because 0/0 is indeterminate.

you guys are all wrong! you have to multiply 0 to each side to get rid of the denominator. it would then become 7*0=7*0 in which case, 0 is indeed equal to 0

>0/0 is indeterminate

you guys make me laugh.
0/0 is nothing mathematical at all.
it is a way invented for visualizing the calculation of certain limits is analysis. it is nothing properly algebraic.
you guys seem to believe 0/0 has a meaning, and you are arguying about whether it could be calculated or not.

0/0 is not defined for the two following reasons:
0/0 = 0 * 1/0
the inverse 1/0 of 0 does NOT exist. therefore 1/0 has NO meaning nor existence in the set we're supposed to be working in in this shit-bait thread (the set of the real numbers).

now go to bed.

indeterminate == undefined == "has no meaning"

wtf is your point, faggot?

Vielleicht geht ja garnicht durch 0

vielleicht geht ja gar nicht durch null

You are right, this gives you a right solution, but what you are describing is an implication of any information X to a tautology.
A look at logic will show that X -> True is a tautology itself, therefore your statement has no information at all. In fact you are just reducing the information held by your expression by the multiplication with 0.
What you need to show is the implication True -> X because if you can proove that this is a tautology, than X must be a tautology and therefore true.

(You)

Tripdubs

Pieces of something 7/0 size of whole somthing in same size pieces 0 times equals ZERO.

PIECES OF NOTHING NOTHING TIMES IS NOTHING

Pro-tip: your welcome

Pic related it's the person who makes me do all the math

7/0 = 1
>anything divided by 0 = 1.
1*0 = 0

7 != 0

>indeterminate == undefined == "has no meaning"
no.
1/0 is NOT indeterminate, it is perfectly defined as undefined: it does NOT exist, faggot.

but, when you want to calculate certain limits of functions written as fraction of other functions, you sometimes conclude that the limit is 0/0, but it is a way of writing things, it is nothing properly defined, it is just a vizualization, or a "label" to a certain calculation, nothing algebraic (so is 0/infinity or infinity/infinity).

(7/0) * 0 = 7

(7*0) / 0 = 7

7 * (0/0) = 7

0/0 is undefined (it can take on any value from negative infinity to infinity

7 * 0/0 is therefore "7 times ANYTHING"

It cannot have a single value

tl;dr: You can't "cancel out" zeroes. However if you took the limit as N approached 0 of 7*N/N you would, indeed, get 7

It's 0 divided by anything is 1 not anything divided by 0 is 1. You can't divide by zero

>it is perfectly defined as undefined

Well i guess you are confusing this with the logarithm. The logarithm of 0 to any base is 1. 0 divided by x (x 0) is defined as 0*x^-1 = x^-1*0 = 0 as defined by axioms

if you're playing on words with the intentional purpose of understanding me wrong (I'm not a native american speaker faggot), go fuck off yourself. I don't care if you don't want to understand truth. Just go jerk off somewhere else, ignorant, biased, piece of shit.

(7/0)*(0/1)=(0/0)=undefined

literally everyone here has no idea what they're talking about lol

Close, but not close enough. And yes, im a posting on my phone

>not a native English speaker
>pretends to be an expert on the definitions of "indeterminate" and "undefined"
"go fuck off yourself" indeed, faggot

Sintax error

The hero we need

You are all retarded. 3rd grade math should've taught you that anything multiplied by 0 = 0.

What you learn in school about math is just bullshit, they teach you oversimplified formulas to learn, but they are not even true in all cases. So arguing with school math is like arguing with any statement you read on Sup Forums. Its just bullshit

Why doesn't this work?

wind...

So you have no fucking idea either?

Ignoring weather effects such as wind which will cause slight deviation, your momentum will keep you going the same speed as the Earth is rotating, so you will hover over the same spot.

7=7. duh.

>not pretending to be an expert
>just willing to build some knowledge
>just willing to discuss things

>but well,
>you seem unable to maintain a proper discussion
>your preteen-like rhetorical capacities avoid you to do so

you may now go burst forth your asshole, your faggottness

Why is my momentum going at the same speed as the earth? I am attached to nothing and stuff like wind and weather effects can be cancelled out.

This is now a cringe thread

>Why is my momentum going at the same speed as the earth?

First law of motion. And gravity will stop you flying off at a tangent.

>Why is my momentum going at the same speed as the earth?
You don't roll across the ground opposite the spin of the Earth, right?

Gravity?

infinity times 0 does not equal 7.

0/0 does not equal 1
there you suck op

So by just walking normally, I go over 1,040 miles/hour?

Is this supposed to be some sort of explanation? You are doing it wrong.

Well sure, if you sit on earth. But don't you literally defy it by flying?