So apparently Ryan Gosling played all the piano parts in La La Land after 3 months of practice...

So apparently Ryan Gosling played all the piano parts in La La Land after 3 months of practice. This is fucking bullshit right?

youtube.com/watch?v=0pdqf4P9MB8

Some examples if you're not aware of the film

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UADRHimsfV8
youtube.com/watch?v=IRFeUc2KnBY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yes they're lying to you

it's a conspiracy

by the piano teachers trying to get your shekles

If he practiced for like at least 4-5 hours a day for 3 months straight, assuming he also had top notch quality instructing, yeah that sounds legit. He probably had previous experience though, I doubt he did this literally from scratch, assuming this is true.

dude has an IQ of 305 and can run a marathon on his third leg

Most actors have some experience with singing or piano, it's not really that far fetched

Ryan Gosling is already pretty musical. He has a band so I'm sure he's at least dabbled in piano before.

Also, he's Ryan Gosling. He can do no wrong

Though he was no stranger to pianos before he was cast in “La La Land,” Gosling only played a little by ear,

depends on his past experience on the piano. According to his wiki page, he was a child actor and has a background in music, so it's not insane to think that he's well trained in piano. Plus, Gosling's kind of an autist, so he's probably capable of doing it.

It took three hours a day of practicing for three months.

literally every single day especially with a tutor is actually a shitload

What's John Legend's motive for lying about some dude picking piano up fast and being impressed? Also La La Land was fucking terrible

you can go on youtube and learn a song in 10 hours, its not hard to press a key someone tells you to press and memorize it

I would buy a gosling jazz album desu

Gosling spent four months learning how to play the piano every day to get to a level that would make his jazz musician character Sebastian convincing.

oh now its four months

why cant people get their stories straight? Gee I wonder.

Fuck me, I wish could b in a shitty alt rock band "dabble" in piano, then actually practice for 25 minutes and play like I'm Bill Evans.

>people don't know The Goose is actually a pretty good musician

youtube.com/watch?v=UADRHimsfV8

I remember this album sincerely getting a good bit of praise on here a few years back. Dude's fairly talented.

Ryan could play the piano before La La, 3 months of practice was him just getting used to playing again. He was my neighbour like 20 years ago so I know

huh, this is actually pretty cool. Wouldn't have expected that at all.

did you fuck?

lmao, trailer looked good up to 50 seconds in, then it became a generic romcom + music

also it's very doable considering he had some of the best piano instructors and practiced several times a day, and he probably already had at least minimal prior experience.

there's some pretty cool piano in this at around 10 minutes. seems like it could be plausible.

>tfw you will never receive 3 hours of daily top quality piano tutor teaching

Why not? Stop buying videogames and cancel your subscription to crunchyroll

Yeah, looks like he's definitely had some piano experience for a while now.

youtube.com/watch?v=IRFeUc2KnBY

I guess they just meant him being unfamiliar with Jazz piano specifically.

How am I just now finding out about this group.

well this was recorded 8 years ago so I guess it's possible he hadn't played in a while once they started filming.

god there is so much back pedaling here

what are they trying to hide? I mean really hide.

>2009 was 8 years ago

oh fuck

Honestly can't tell if you're joking. It's not really that big of deal, the press always likes to hype up or exaggerate dumb little tidbits like this.

It's just like all that bullshit about George Clooney being some ultimate prankster. He probably played a joke on some guy on set once and they all just ran with it.

Are there famous actors who play in bands but DON'T sing?

>Honestly can't tell if you're joking.
I'm not. This whole thing stinks to high heaven.

and I'm gonna do something about it.

Yes goy, Ryan Gosling is one of the chosen people who can outperform the goyim in everything.

Yeah dude totally true
Just like Natalie Portman's ballet in black swan

He is not a slow learner like you, OP. Some people are on another level.

>overly aggressive mentor man is in this one too

is he as over the top as in whiplash?

Gosling is not even jewish you stupid stormtard

he has like 5 sentences

All he does is fire gosling for playing that there "free jazz" and then you never see him again :/ John Legends cameo has more screen time

god, ryan gosling is such a beautiful man
I'm not gay, but he can fuck me in the ass if he wants

How can one man be so perfect?