Has anyone ever gone to inpatient rehab?

has anyone ever gone to inpatient rehab?

I'm leaving next week and have no clue what to expect. benzo and alcohol fag here

share some stories. help a Sup Forumsro out

I am a benzo and booze addict, been sobor 7.5 years. Did you have questions?

did you go to an inpatient? also, how much benzos were you at? Coming off that scares me the most

i just got out 4 weeks ago. I was doing ~4 bars a day for about 3 years. Inpatient is the best thing to do, especially because you were drinking too. It puts you at a higher seizure risk rate. They'll probably put you on Librium or Phenobarbitol to detox you. I tried to detox myself before going into inpatient and I ended up having seizures every day.

I'm not gonna lie, benzo withdrawal sucks and lasts for months, i still dont feel normal and it's been two and a half months. I get random jerks (body twitches) and I'm anxious literally 24/7. The best thing you can do when you get out is go to AA or NA meetings and talk to people about how you're feeling. Best of luck

41 days at brighton hospital, brighton michigan
(eminem left two weeks before i went in)

I was doing anywhere between 3 and 10 valium a day, or the equivalent in other benzos, but prefered valium. Soma was also routinely mixed in.

Its not really something to be scared of in rehab, they had me on depakote for heartattack for six months, but in rehad the first 4 days I was on phenobarbatol, so the come down was pretty easy.

I see this right after I order Etizolam for the first time great lma

here, i went to father martin's ashley in MD

benzos are no drug. Give me 2 blue pills and i can sleep good but not party.

my buddy had seizures after doing etizolam for just 3 days. be careful with that shit, its in no way fda evaluated and isnt meant for humans, and you dont even know how much is even in one as dudes just press them and a lot of times dont have proper microgram scales.

right now my hands are always shaking. Like real bad, everyone notices. I take about 4mgs a day but thats just to not get sick. I take more when I wanna feel something.
And seizures? holy fuck...

You're doing it wrong.

I wish I could take xanax with some modicum of restraint. Every time I try I take like 8 and black out.

yeah i didnt know the risks when i was taking it then i tried to cold turkey and ended up having a seizure in the taco bell drive thru and scared my friend shitless because i was driving and he had to lean over and push the brake with his hand. im 26 years old with no medical history too, i tried to convince everyone i had epilepsy but that only lasted so long.

>benzo and alcohol
Why do you do shit-tier drugs user?

you name it, i've done it. besides meth

I'm getting old and this is what's leftover that I can't kick. I kicked heroin cold turkey, by myself but benzos are something else

how much were you drinking a day

i usually drink 10 beers a night when i have work in the morning. Friday and Saturday I black out on liquor. I don't drink Sundays or Thursdays.
Benzos everyday, all day.

I usually have a 12 pack of miller lite pounders/night. no benzos but I have some for emergency left over from a surgery. I want to taper and then quit but am scared of seizures and shit

Its cool they give ya meds to help. Mostly just eat an talk all day about your problems

Benzo withdrawal is pure hell for like 2 weeks unless you have phenobarbitol or librium. Pheno is a barbituate developed during WW1 to treat nerve gas victims (if i had to compare benzo w/d to anything, itd be a nerve gas attack, memes aside). Librium is a really weak benzo theyll give you for alcohol which really takes the edge off of w/d

Bumping because I find OP's situation interesting and would like to here his and other user's opinions.

I leave on Saturday. I don't give a fuck about the booze, all that ever brought was stupid shit and 30+ lbs.
i can't imagine getting clean in 2 weeks bruh. I take 4mgs a day just to not get sick.

I outpatient benzo detoxed (i took much less that you) and it was the worst experience of my life. Every moment I had wished I was inpatient where I could get IV fluids and professional help.

The good thing is I don't remember all of it, so while it may be hell at the time, the results are just so worth it.

Life without benzos has been 500x better. Best of luck, OP. I'll genuinely be rooting for you.

Thanks man.

yeah good luck op. you will get better then just remember to not go back

I remember taking them as prescribed for years. I would get 30mgs every 3 months. It would just take the edge off.

Then I met this dude selling xanny bars for 2 dollars a pop, and he could always get them. That was the beginning of the end.

You're making a very wise decision. In patient will make this much easier on you, though it wont be a cake walk. Keep up your spirits, though. You should be proud of yourself.

fuck rehab man unless its a real pricy complex ur going to then just buy one way ticket to some place u love and then try quitting on ur own when ur there. the atmosphere at most rehab centers will make u wanna blow ur brains out more than the actual withdraw itself and just imagine the combination.. fuck that my nigga
and if u have a really hard time staying clean then start using steroids, might sound dumb but i can tell u 2 people ex addicts who would be 100% dead today if they wouldnt get on the juice after cleaning up cus that will change ur lifestyle big time so you dont fall back to old habits

I didn't do rehab but im an ex xani junkie. Been clean for 4 years and a few months. Can I ask you something?

Do you want to quit? Describe your answer, it doesn't have to be a long answer just 10 words will do.

Im not OP but im 2 months off xanax and i can tell you that anxiety runs my life. My counselor at IOP recommended cognitive behavioral therapy?

So did mine and I wanted to try it but I ended up losing the shrink dude. He was cool even tho he was a closet fag with a wife.

How long did it take you to get over that 24/7 anxiety? It sounds like ~6 months for most people

Librium is awesome

My rules are no redosing, only 2 days a week, no consecutive days. I'm getting tabs, and Etizolam is prescription in Japan and a few other countries

I'm feeling awful for 3 months and have done some surveys that my doc have assigned me.
Everything went out with good results but it doesn't help. Other doc said that I have "damaged brain" not an body.
All the symptoms show me as a strong neurosis and I'm falling apart because of this shit.
Doing sports didn't helped. Will benzos or other drugs help me to get out of this. Someone can share some positives with me that would help?

I detoxed around 15 times and it would never go away. What I call give me my soul back. The last time I fought the detox half way thru by screaming my fucking head off all night for like 4 hours. I don't remember much after that for a few days but then I went back to my old self. Somehow I got my soul back. I did it screaming at the devil but chill I dont believe in that shit. I don't know how but I got lucky. Never a craving, no shocks, no nothing. A miracle I beat it.

I know that don't really help but I think this might. The night I screamed I wanted to be done and I dont mean "want" I mean I really wanted it and felt it. All the times before a part of me didnt want to quit. towards the end I started wanting it less and less until I i had 0 desire for it.

I will "pray" for you brother or sister. No one deserves the misery of benzo addiction. Its a fucking nightmare.

You gotta accept that benzos will never fucking help you. that little voice will pop up and say but this time it will work, i know I can control it better but bro YOU WILL NEVER FUCKING CONTROL IT FUCKING ACCEPT IT.

im sorry you and I dont deserve the illness we suffer from either but you and I both have to choose the better of two evils.

No, I'm pretty patient.
No need for hasty rehab, those things take time.

> those are me, I will be back in 10 minutes or so.

Mine was only for alcohol, but....

I did a 3-day inpatient at the psych ward at the hospital. Which was fucking awesome. All the food you want and valium every two hours.

The 30-day inpatient rehab center was a little harsher, but still had all I could eat. Had to do shit from 7:00 in the morning until about 9:30 at night. Every day. Free time kills junkies.

:shrugs:

Give it a try, maybe it'll be the best thing you've ever done? Just do it.