So why was baseball removed from the Olympics?

So why was baseball removed from the Olympics?

Because the IOC dont want to give another medal to an Asian country since Asians are the best at baseball.

because people are already raging about americans and our "meme sports domination."

Americans were butthurt they were loosing to the Cuban gommies.

Same couple as above

Serious answer?

Because MLB players refuse to go to the Olympics. IOC wanted to replicate what happened with basketball with baseball: using big names to sell tickets. The big problem is that August in the MLB season is the the start for that last push for the postseason, so a 2-3 week absence is a pretty heavy blow for teams that aren't a lock in the postseason. And Word Series > Olympic Gold so the American teams were filled with bench warmers, minor leagues and NCAA baseball players.

It fucked with MLB in the end as it stalled whatever growth baseball would have on the world (because MLB are run by people who are very into tradition and shit) and they campaigned for it to put it back on the program with the promise of using All-Star players. We'll see if they honor that.

Plus they got rid of softball because it was an easy gold for America. Japan won the last one but it was pretty controversial because a lot of people believe that the American team purposely threw that game to try to save it for 2008 Olympics.

Damn, I meant for .

trips have it, there you go.

>but it was pretty controversial because a lot of people believe that the American team purposely threw that game to try to save it for 2008 Olympics.

lol retard

If you don't believe, read articles about it. Personally, I do believe that Japan won it fair and square but I am not naive enough to believe that it's not true. America won every one except the last one. Personally, I thought it was unfair in a way because it was the only major international exposure that softball got but they can't have a sport that men can't participate also.

>I am not naive enough to believe that it's not a possibility.
Fix'd

because it's a luck-based sport where you need 193 games to reliably tell which team is the best.

not an actual sport, just like F1 and handegg

You're correct, F1 is a motor racing league and "handegg" is not the name of any sport.

Baseball is the worse USA sport.

Basketball is the greatest.

Basketball is easily the worst sport that we have here man.

>it's not a sport becuz my country doesn't play it

Is Lexplorer still getting raped in a prison somewhere in Ohio?

It sucks not having MLB players, but I'm sure the US could still build a solid team with college and minor leaguers.

I know MLB wouldn't let any of our good Cuban, Dominican, Venezuelan, American etc players go. Japanwnslol

>they campaigned for it to put it back on the program with the promise of using All-Star players
IOC knows they will be getting AAA "all-stars" right?

basically because we put literally whos into it (because teams were like "don't want to waste my star players on this retarded tournament that means nothing" like little faggots) and the IOC wanted us to put big names into it, I'm pretty sure its coming back to Tokyo under the premise of us actually putting big names in it. If that actually happens we will absolutely dominate baseball but its questionable if the team owners will be jews or not.

apehoop is a terrible sport

>he doesn't support his country's sports
No wonder Brazil is losing at everything.

Nobody's really that interested in who can scratch their nuts and adjust their cap the best

Not saying America wouldn't be in the running, but Cuba and the DR would certainly give us a run for our money.

If we had a team of our actual best players rather than AAA memes we would definitely win comfortably bar bad luck or the players just taking it easy a la basketball and getting caught off guard by an insurgent Cuba or Japan

Because the MLB doesn't want to suspend the season and send their best and countries don't want to build single use stadiums for shit they don't play that they can't repurpose and use for other events and sports.

Hate to watch it, but love going to a game. The atmosphere is fantastic

>If we had a team of our actual best players rather than AAA memes we would definitely win comfortably bar bad luck or the players just taking it easy a la basketball and getting caught off guard by an insurgent Cuba or Japan

it wouldn't be anywhere as close to as easy as the apehoop team has it
our A team in baseball could easily get beaten by cuba, the DR, venezuela, puerto rico, and japan on any given day, in addition to south korea who are getting better every year
canada would also have a chance
the apehoop team can just breeze and go unbeaten
if puerto rico becomes a state though at least we'll get some of those guys on our national team

""""""Sport""""""

okay

Because is boring