strawpoll.me/12058778
strawpoll.me/12058778

Arguments for your vote go into this threadˇ:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12058813
m.youtube.com/watch?v=V2i9RvBOSZ4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

George was the fucking best

McCartney was nterested in his craft and Lennon was more interested in his own ego. George Harrison was best anyway. In order:

>G
>P
>J
>R

>no Ringo option.
Do it right or don't fucking bother.

all of em strawpoll.me/12058813

>Paul leading

Sup Forumstants confirmed as poptimists who fall for catchy hooky little singalong tunes with poppy melodies

>poptimists who fall for catchy hooky little singalong tunes with poppy melodies

Helter Skelter. Oh! Darling. I Saw Her Standing There. She Came In Through The Bathroom Window. Eleanor Rigby. Blackbird. Golden Slumbers. Paperback Writer.

Try harder.

Lennon or McCartney? Nah. Lennon AND McCartney.

SCITBW, Blackbird and Paperback are poppy as fuck and not good examples but yeah

I forgot all about SCITBW, fuck me that's a good tune. I would say it's a shame it never became a full song, but it works so well in the medley

Also, that "always be the dancer" line is beautiful bookending of The Beatles' career [spoiler]ruined by not actually being their last album

I see your point, but they're a bit more than singalong tunes with poppy melodies. They're killer tunes that at least match Lennon's output.

Also who gives a fuck, let's just call Abbey Road their last.

Yeah I consider Abbey Road their last desu, some very good songs are on Let It Be though. Just pretend they released it before.

Paul could only write shitty granny songs while Lennon wrote masterpieces like Tomorrow Never Knows and A Day in the life

>Implying A Day In The Life would be anywhere near what it was without Paul's bridge to lighten things the fuck up

how can people choose paul when lennon wrote:
nowhere man
norwegian wood
girl
tomorrow never knows
the best part of a day in the life
strawberry fields forever
rain
happiness is a warm gun
i want you (she's so heavy)

>granny songs

Nice Lennonesque buzzwords

>strawpoll.me/12058813
Only smelly hippies prefer Lennon.

Deez r mah niggahs rite here!

Here's a quote from The Beatles first engineer, Norman Smith (who worked with them from Please, Please Me to Rubber Soul)

"I don’t want to take anything away from anyone, but production of the Beatles was very simple, because it was ready-made. Paul was a very great influence in terms of the production, especially in terms of George Harrison’s guitar solos and Ringo’s drumming. The truth of the matter is that, to the best of my memory, Paul had a great hand in practically all of the songs that we did, and Ringo would generally ask him what he should do. After all, Paul was no mean drummer himself, and he did play drums on a couple of things. It was almost like we had one producer in the control room and another producer down in the studio. There is no doubt at all that Paul was the main musical force. He was also that in terms of production as well. A lot of the time George Martin didn’t really have to do the things he did because Paul McCartney was around and could have done them equally well… most of the ideas came from Paul".

>implying

I dislike John and yet my favourite Beatles tracks are mostly his. I think McCartney was far more consistent in quality though.

>I dislike John
Why? Do you know him personally?

I hate the attitude of a lot of his songs.

Explain

because people who graduated from middle school dont need to be edgy anymore and can therefore appreciate McCartneys pop sensibilities

Except people who graduated from college have real life problems and don't need to live in a child-like fantasy world and can appreciate Lennon's honesty and pain.

what an embarrassing pair of posts
>i-i'm more mature than you so I can appreciate X
nu-uh, I'M more mature than YOU so I can appreciate Y

>life experience creating appreciation for certain themes?
>nah

Both McCartney and Lennon have songs that explore intimate themes, some less serious and some more serious. The idea that something being emotionally resonant with you gives it some objective superiority is retarded anyway.

>Both McCartney and Lennon have songs that explore intimate themes
Name one McCartney song that didn't explore a dishonest fantasy world and characters that didn't exist.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=V2i9RvBOSZ4

damn this guy's mad

Yesterday is an obvious one. Explores the theme of regret, specifically in the context of a romantic relationship.

Eleanor Rigby exploring the loneliness of everyday life.

Fixing a Hole is a song that I interpret as a song about self-improvement.

She's Leaving Home is one of the saddest Beatles songs and it was mostly written by McCartney. The topic being the pain of a child leaving home.

I personally find When I'm Sixty Four quite touching in its modesty and simple yearning for love and comfort when you're an elder.

>Yesterday is an obvious one
Not really. He was in the middle of a long-term relationship at that point. It's a dishonest song.
>Eleanor Rigby exploring the loneliness of everyday life.
None of these characters are real, unless you think Paul kept his face in a jar?
>Fixing a Hole is a song that I interpret...
Not relevant
>She's Leaving Home is one of the saddest Beatles song
Again, fabricate characters.
>I personally find When I'm Sixty Four
He wrote it when he was 16. Literally teenage-core

>Not really. He was in the middle of a long-term relationship at that point. It's a dishonest song.
What a load of horseshit. You have to be in a specific state of mind and life to write an "honest" song? Paul couldn't have related to these feelings just because he wasn't smack-dab in the middle of them at the moment?

>None of these characters are real, unless you think Paul kept his face in a jar?
Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know you were literal about "characters". I thought you meant characters that are relateable and experience things human beings experience too. You know, shit that actually matters.

>Not relevant
Of course it's fucking relevant, the song has a topic that strikes emotional resonance with the listener, that's what this thing is about.

>Again, fabricate characters.
Based on a real case so not entirely, but that goes back to my point on Eleanor Rigby. It doesn't fucking matter that they're not real characters.

>He wrote it when he was 16. Literally teenage-core
Completely irrelevant how or when he wrote it. Mozart wrote his 25th symphony when he was 17, I guess that's dismissable teenage-core too?

You're underage, aren't you? You also listen to either dadrock or hip-hop.

Sup Forums is full of posts like this
it's literally the most reddit Sup Forums board

>Paul couldn't have related to these feelings just because he wasn't smack-dab in the middle of them at the moment?
The feelings didn't exist within him. he made them up.
>I thought you meant characters that are relateable
Gain, show me anyone who takes off their face and puts it in a jar. And not only that, but stores it by a doorway.
>the song has a topic that strikes emotional resonance with the listener
Not relevant. We are discussing artistic honesty, not how you feel about something
>Based on a real case
Oh did he know her personally?
>Underage of the artist is completely irrelevant
>You're underage, aren't you?
Make up your mind
>You also listen to either dadrock
clearly you do as well, since we're discussing it right now.

You are not too bright, are you?

>The feelings didn't exist within him. he made them up.
Why, was it his first ever relationship?

> show me anyone who takes off their face and puts it in a jar
It's a metaphor you thick fuck. Jesus.

>Not relevant. We are discussing artistic honesty, not how you feel about something
Artistic honesty seems to be some bullshit term you made up on the spot that means "unless he was LITERALLY LIVING THROUGH EXACTLY WHAT IS WRITTEN IN THE SONG, it is dishonest".

>Oh did he know her personally?
What relevance is that, and why did you ignore the part about Mozart?

>Make up your mind
Teenagers can showcase some emotional maturity and sincerity, but often they do not, for example like yourself. You see things in a very very shallow way.

>clearly you do as well, since we're discussing it right now.
I hardly listen to Beatles anymore, but I used to and I still have opinions on them. I'm guessing you really do listen to hip-hop though.

>You are not too bright, are you?
kek

>Why, was it his first ever relationship?
You tell me, it's your argument
>It's a metaphor
Prove it
>Artistic honesty seems to be some bullshit term you made up
Did you google it? See what you can come up with.
>What relevance is that
Well we are discussing artistic integrity, and you made the claim that these people actually exist. So, again, prove your claim
>Teenagers can showcase some emotional maturity and sincerity
[citation needed]
>I hardly listen to Beatles anymore
So you are giving me an uneducated opinion? Why didn't you say so earlier.

>You tell me, it's your argument
What? I need to go and prove to you that Paul has been in a relationship prior to the one he was in when writing Yesterday in order to prove that he wasn't full of shit when he wrote it? Are you even thinking about the shit you're posting?

>Prove it
What's there to prove? It's fucking obviously a metaphor. It's her real face. It's her real emotions. She has the face on while she's at the window (alone and yearning) and she takes it off and puts it by the door when she goes out of her room, because she hides her emotions under a facade. It's something that every human being does to some degree.

>Did you google it? See what you can come up with.
I did, it's obviously a very vague unestablished term that can be interpreted in any way you wish. Why don't you give me your own interpretation so I can shut you up?

>Well we are discussing artistic integrity, and you made the claim that these people actually exist. So, again, prove your claim

Here, a quote from Paul:
>John and I wrote 'She's Leaving Home' together. It was my inspiration. We'd seen a story in the newspaper about a young girl who'd left home and not been found, there were a lot of those at the time, and that was enough to give us a story line.

So we already know it wasn't completely fabricated, which you object to so very much for some reason. From there he built a perfectly reasonable story about something that happens many times in real life, focusing on the anguish of the parents.

>[citation needed]
Yeah let me just get my scientific paper on it.

>So you are giving me an uneducated opinion? Why didn't you say so earlier.
How is it uneducated? I listened to them a lot. I know much about them. I even re-listened to the songs just to make sure that I remember things correctly.

You're really grasping at any straw you can see to come out on top.

Actually, Paul did meet the girl about who She's Leaving Home was about, soo...

>I need to go and prove to you that Paul has been in a relationship prior to the one he was in when writing Yesterday in order to prove that he wasn't full of shit when he wrote it?
Yep. I'm waiting.
>What's there to prove? It's fucking obviously a metaphor
If it's obvious, then it'll be easy for you to prove.
>I did
Screencap and post your results.
>and that was enough to give us a story line.
Again, a fabricated storyline. This is some straight up Oliver Stone bullshit.
>Yeah let me just get my scientific paper on it.
Oh I see, you are a teenager and feel slighted. My intent wasn't to ridicule you personally. But don't worry, you'll grown out of it. Teenagers are not mature at all but you will eventually gain some maturity by 25 or 26.
>I know much about them
You have yet to demonstrate that.
>You're really grasping at any straw you can see to come out on top.
How so? Maybe you don't know what a strawman is

>>What's there to prove? It's fucking obviously a metaphor
>If it's obvious, then it'll be easy for you to prove.
HOLY SHIT YOU FUCKER
AFTER THE THING YOU QUOTED HE EXPLAINED THE METAPHOR
HOW RETARDED ARE YOU?

Not a citation.

Try again.

>Yep. I'm waiting.
No, you shallow impotent retard

>If it's obvious, then it'll be easy for you to prove.
W E W

>Again, a fabricated storyline. This is some straight up Oliver Stone bullshit.
The idea that a person has to have personally gone through EVERYTHING he writes about to be an "honest" artist is one of the dumbest shit I ever read on Sup Forums, and this really isn't an exaggeration

This isn't worth replying to anymore. You're a massive retard. Go read a biography, it's the only form of art honest enough for you.

What the fuck? Songs have to be about real people otherwise they're "child-like fantasy world"? Might be the most retarded thing I have EVER read on Sup Forums

Where is the "Yoko Ono" option?

>No
>W E W
Read: I am out of arguments

>I "won" an argument through sheer stupidity and a total brick wall frame of mind
>must mean that I'm right
Exhausting people out of talking to you because of how much of an autistic retard you are doesn't mean you actually know better, buddy.

"Better songwriter" is a clear win for Paul McCartney.

If you'd been like "wore weirder clothes" or "yelled about stuff more," then John.

George wins the category for "wrote like ten songs and almost all of them were okay and if you say he's the best Beatle no one will really care enough to argue with your contrarian but also safe opinion."

>how much of an autistic retard you are
The inability to see someone else's point of view is a sign of autism.

Makes sense you like fantasy-world music.

>The inability to see someone else's point of view
But that's literally you, autismo

>song is xyz
>nuh uh, prove it

>X means Y
>nuh uh, prove it

>artist wrote about a song
>did he literally go through everything he sings about? no? LOL into the trash

Jagger/Richards > Lennon/McCartney

>But that's literally you
What do you mean? I'm literally asking you to prove your point of view, because I could possibly accept it as being right.

You on the other hand, refuse to believe a word I said, like a true autist.

I like paul the most as a person but all my fav beatles tracks end up being by lennon

this.

Correct. But between the two in the poll, I voted for Paul.

John wrote better lyrics

>people still don't realize P-Mac was projecting the loss of his mother into Yesterday

baka

seriously though paul's lyrics can actually be really personal

like, martha my dear is nominally about his dog but it's really about his breakup from jane asher

or hey jude, which started out as a song of encouragement for julian lennon. if you know what was going on with the beatles fracturing and john/paul moving on to yoko/linda that song is basically paul talking to himself

"mother mary" in let it be was literally paul's mother, and so on

the idea that it's artistically/emotionally dishonest to express oneself through allegory or aim for applicability is laughable and invalidates a lot of art out there. like how unempathetic can you get

Paul
>better songwriter musically
>Skilled in a wide variety of instruments (all of which he plays better then john)
>better post-beatles music
>More productive and really drove the band through abbey road, but took too much control of let it be
>comes off as a nice guy, but pretentious. You always feel like he is playing it up for the cameras and he isnt such a charming and kind person behind the scenes

John
>Better lyrics, they lack any form of subtlety but he still manages to make them feel sincere
>Better rock and roll vocals
>Had some of arguably the greatest songs ever post Beatles (imagine and working class hero)
>Thinks he is gods gift to earth and some sort of jesus character to bestow upon us good music and world peace.
>Arsehole in his personal life

In the end I'm going to go with Paul, John has that really rock and roll vibe about him that makes you like him for unknown reasons but his post beatles work was largely disappointing.

dont take Sup Forums too seriously. This thread is proof of the amount of absolute retards spouting their opinions.

fpbp

wtf dude, you are on 4chung, remember? you cant come in here with your well-thought, rational arguments listed in such a civilized way
you fucking faggot

>Woke up, got out of bed, dragged a comb across my head

Bravo McCartney

>Let's settle this, once and for all

With a voting base of 200, we can conclude that McCartney stomped Lennon. Thank you and goodbye, till the next poll.

>7 am waking up in the morning gotta brush my teeth gotta go downstairs
>rushing rushing everybody's rushing

------------ Not when he looks so fierce... ----------

ALL THE CHILDREN SING

HEEEY BUNGALOW BILL

>Not when he looks so fierce
Unironically the best part of the track

pmac ainec

lennon was (lol he got murdered) a good lyricist, but musically he was pretty ordinary

Idk about songwriting, but McCartney was by far the better musician if it means anything.