Where can we trace to the development of irony in music? Who was the first ironic musical act?

Where can we trace to the development of irony in music? Who was the first ironic musical act?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nx-N9I1eZyM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-irony
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

mozart tbqh

macintosh plus

B-52's is where it all began

One of those negro jazz and blues players

Zappa certainly made it popular

:^)

>tfw no ironic 80's Björk girlfriend

you're chart is out of date

post irony isn't a thing, stop trying to make it a thing

kek and trump say otherwise faggot

motherfucker define post-irony without paraphrasing or copying the Wikipedia definition

what makes you certain that trump is particularly post-ironic

actually if anything Trump is the bannerboy for Irony you cuck

see
As Matt Groening said, the reason he considers it his favorite album of all time was because it was produced by Zappa so he was certain it must be on purpose

Is this post-ironic?

is it?

Sam Hyde is a bad comedian

Your grammar is of a 4th grade level.

post-irony is when the value comes from the craftsmanship involved in imitating ironic memes, more than from the irony itself.

Melvins

no, the definition is in the title, it is a reaction against Irony characterised by it's opposite, sincerity, or earnestness if you're a bell-end

What you describe is another level of irony

That's already a normie demotivational. Original demotivations were supposed to be parodies of those motivational posters with a picture of a landscape with a quote about dedication underneath it. They looked real until you read them and realised that the quote was actually depressing. The whole "take a funny picture, put a black border around it and explain the joke again" is the normie gentrified version.

people these days have no respect for the classics

post irony is not the same as new sincerity, and the guy you're replying to is really describing meta irony

Wow wtf is wrong with you millennials

ok sahn, describe post irony to me, seems to me like a misnomer, what comes after irony?

(meta-irony is not a thing in itself by the way, it falls under the blanket term of irony)

butt he's ironic

this probably
at least in the history of rock music

you guys realize that irony predates the 20th century right

'no'

this
youtube.com/watch?v=nx-N9I1eZyM

this

wrong you humongous faggot.

Ariel Pink

No, he was determined to listen to it again because Zappa had put his name on it.

that's not very nice

I may have forgotten the bit about Ironic detachment muddling the distinction between irony and sincerety but that's no reason to call me nasty names

btw everybody in this thread is a pseud, even me

Post-irony is old these days. How to I get on this level of sincerity?

You're too late. Reddit's /r/wholesomememes killed the idea of ironic sincerity in memes.

you're thinking to hard
the next step is simply to be postironic ironically

*too

so ironic sincerity, which is simply being ironic.

These aren't ironic though.

postirony isn't the same as sincerity you fucking retard

>everybody in this thread is a pseud, even me
new sincerity

It actually started with Beethoven's 8th symphony.

explain

They never knew a life outside memes so millennials are just one larger meme themselves without a real identity
Its ok the generation that follows them won't have the same problem, but it will certainly be an identity crisis for the millennials

Beethoven is already beginning to play with, subvert and even sometimes mock the rhetoric and formal structures and expectations of the 'monumental' symphony that he himself had done so much to create - the deadpan end to the first movement, the endless coda to the finale with its stalking bassoon, the episode in the first movement when Beethoven 'miscalculates' - with the fff strings tending to obscure the main theme in the bass.

post irony is a thing, but that image isn't post ironic.

post irony implies a blend of irony and earnestness, blurring the line between truth and fabrication.

Honestly, it's all been downhill since we fucked with the gregorian chant.

gustav mahler

Sincerely though, irony has always been in our music. Look up some Chaucer-era lyrics.
Shit gets weird.

you're*

fucking retard

>btw everybody in this thread is a pseud, even me

That's the memes talking user, snap out of it.

Pleb. We have already entered the post-post-ironism phase.

These are just words without meaning at this point.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-irony

Talking Heads