What's the musical instrument that is easiest to get good at (takes the least amount of time)?

What's the musical instrument that is easiest to get good at (takes the least amount of time)?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fFLPdxdvEXk
youtube.com/watch?v=WbeAbllBpGo
youtube.com/watch?v=UFjdDP7bC24
youtube.com/watch?v=Z-KCVmeK_Rc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

guillotine

kazoo

whistle

Meat flute

Ocarina.

honestly it would either be guitar or piano, both of these instruments you're able to get a good sound almost instantly

>guitar
you're autistic as fuck

The easiest instrument to learn to play a song is the piano. The problem is that it's easier for everyone else as well, so you are not going to get good easily in the sense of becoming better than most people.

guitar takes a long time

Out of those? The harp

Literal fact

No it doesn't. Compared to actual instruments, piano and guitar are easy mode.

as a guy who plays many instruments I hope you get cancer

>Compared to actual instruments
alright I've had enough of Sup Forums for today

as a guy with a 11 inch clit i hope you get waterboarded

The guitar is harder than all the instruments in OP

Bass

OP asked about an istrument that is easy to get good at. It all depends what level of skill you consider ''good''. FYI a faggot fingerpicking some basic chords isnt a good guitarist.

As a guy who plays many instruments, guitar and piano were definitely the fastest and easiest to pick up and get to an intermediate level.

did i strike a nerve faggot? Having trouble with those barre chords and scales?

guitar is one of the easiest instruments to learn, especially because you can get a good sound instantly. The only real challenge people experience with the guitar is building finger strength to play chords which really only applies to acoustic and doesn't take long to overcome. If you play classical or electric, guitar is childs play from the get go

lol

this guy gets it, people who actual play a lot of instruments know that guitar and piano are the easiest

ITT: butthurt guitar players (probably metalfags)

Setting one up is a bit of an issue, though it's always worth the effort.

Stop projecting.

The technical and physical ceilling for guitar is very easy to reach compared to other instruments. Piano is more physically demanding.

The rest is just being good at music in general. Both piano and guitar are very good mediums to learn music, but may spoil the musician in terms of not having to worry about intonation (less ear benefits).

I'm a guitarist (do dabble a bit with piano, bass and drums as well) and I fully agree, guitar is easy af
rhythm isn't as important is with drums (or even bass) and you need no technique at all to play something, unlike with a trumpet etc.

Just not true. It's an easy instrument and there's a ton of stuff out there to help. In a few weeks you could sound pretty decent but with the violin or any decent wind instrument the skill curve is much steeper and you'll sound terrible for a while.

I would argue that because of how much guitar music there is the skill cap could be higher but overall its definitely the most pick-up play and be good.

From dead easy to hard in terms of technical difficulty

Electric guitar < acoustic guitar < piano = classical guitar

For anything above recorder level of difficulty: the one you love the most.

>getting good at recorder
>easy

Why is acoustic harder than electric?

Most woodwinds are easy as shit to learn unless they are huge instruments like bass clarinets. Very straightforward in how they work once you have figured out how to tongue the notes.

higher string tension needs a tiny bit more finger strength
also electrics are easier to play cleanly imo

>current millennium
>playing an instrument
some people want to be life plebs no matter what

>not learning instruments that don't exist yet

>The technical and physical ceilling for guitar is very easy to reach compared to other instruments. Piano is more physically demanding

I could only assume that you're pretty good on both instruments to make such statement

kek

chord organ

Guitar and bass guitar are easy to reach intermediate level. Percussion difficulty varies depending on kit. Piano is easy in the beginning but harder to reach intermediate and advanced than guitar. Violin and cello are god tier difficult.

This is spot on

Nigga wut

Everyone knows percussions instruments are the easiest.

No it isn't. I'm not even that good at guitar but it was easy to learn.

>guitar
nigga you are insane

We can all agree that the harmonica is the hardest

The ukulele is the easiest instrument to learn.

You can learn to play pop songs on guitar in just a few months. If that's what you mean by good it's definitely guitar.

Wind and classical strings take years and years before you don't sound like shit. The fact that even a complete beginner on guitar can have a passable is a large part of it. It takes so long to develop a good tone that doesn't bother people.

Now as you raise the level of good higher and higher it starts to even out. Guitarists have to learn things like playing really fast technical passages that might be pretty convenient for a sax player to perform, but super awkward on guitar. Then they have to learn how to phrase a melody as expressively as a signer or a cellist. It's not technical, but it takes a long time to build that sense of musicianship.

Piano and the midi controller are the easiest to sound good on. Guitar is easy to make chords sound good, but hard to do other stuff. I'd say guitar is one of the harder instruments just based on how long it takes to do a lot things.

obligatory YUH

any retard can play piano but guitar requires fuckton more talent and skill

*complete beginner on guitar can have a passable SOUND is a large part of it.

Contrabass clarinet

This guy has never listened to a recorder concerto.

THE TRIANGLE

Not true, try sightreading two diffrent clefs while hitting all the notes correctly with good articulation. If you think piano is easy to learn, then all you have listened to is pop music, where all you do is play chords.

Fuck you, the triangle takes years of mastery, you've clearly never tried to play a mozzerella triangle concerto

Triangle

Guitar takes almost no effort at all compared to piano. The only part that's harder is having to build calluses and grip strength.

t. autist

yup
don't know why so many guitarists itt are in denial about that
I play mostly guitar and I'm totally ok with the fact that it's an easy to learn instrument

you got it backwards

I'll admit it's a hard instrument to master. If you want to be as good as Steve Howe then it's pretty damn difficult.

well mastery should be fucking hard with a most instruments

>harder than french horn or bassoon
lmao

Literally, the easiest is a drum. Everybody is equipped with being able to drum, and it takes only a few sessions of practice to be able to play a simple rhythm. Tribes have been doing this for years, and almost every culture has some form of drum/rhythm keeping instrument as a part of their culture.

>Everybody is equipped with being able to drum
nope
t.king leopold

Ukulele is piss easy, you can learn to play in one afternoon

Piano: Easy to get good at, hard to master

Guitar: Medium to get good at, medium to master, near impossible to break out with

Violin: Hard to get good at, hard to master

Mandolin: Medium to get good at, hard to master

Trumpet: Easy to get good at, hard to master

Clarinet/Sax: Hard to get good at, medium to master

Getting good at means getting to a point at which you can busk/jam with others successfully
Mastering means being a professional with that instrument (ie getting paid regularly to play it)

This is my experience at least. (I play violin and mandolin professionally and self-taught the other instruments.) My best advice would be to pay for a teacher who teaches you techniques to learn instruments rather than teaches you an instrument. That is, the correct way to practice so as to optimize learning (scales, arpeggios, shifting exercises, peppered with performance pieces).

Flute: easy to get good at, easy to master

Is that true? Wtf, I want to play flute now.

easy to master as in easy if you are willing to do something very repetitive for a long time

why is it near impossible to break out with guitar?

Do long tones everyday for 4 hours and you'll be good in a few months.

>know know a couple of normie rock guitar solos
>know nothing about classical guitar
>never played a Paganini or a Villa-Lobos
>thinking you are anyway near "good" in music

go suck a nigger cock

kek. i can play 100 bpm scales and ive only been playing for 2 months

youtube.com/watch?v=fFLPdxdvEXk

because its means of expression are very limited and when attemts are made it immediatly falls into the pathetic void of underachieving, jelaous insult to the music
it's like instrument itslef is saying - i just can't, fucking leave me alone
you can't force person with lack of legs to run marathon
youtube.com/watch?v=WbeAbllBpGo

C'mon youtube.com/watch?v=UFjdDP7bC24

>40 chords

why the fuck would you ever need that many? what songs are you playing that require 40 chords?

k that's cool, come back to me when you can improvise a solo over 6 different barre chords on a 12 string while singing in the scale of A minor.

Monkey can press button.

Good monkey.

Have banana.

You posted cold and dead mindless interpretation just for the sake of it
It's just sequence of notes picked in order
The whole musical idea that makes it's a *piece* lies in another dimension and needs rush of emotions translated to the public through the mediator
Violin, piano can be one and there are various people who pulled that off
Eliot Fisk is only one person who tried that with guitar in honest to god way without fake substitutes
He failed but he own respect just for that attempt to make crippled thing do better that it can, thus proving the point even further

Because all you need is G, E, and A right?

That's a fat load of horseshit that's not gonna cover up the fact that he posted a better performance than you.

Do you actually think being able to do that is a notable achievement?

It's not a better perfomance by any means, it's a technical exercise and should be treated only as such
If you want good perfomance you should have posted youtube.com/watch?v=Z-KCVmeK_Rc
which is great and talented arrangment that stands on it's own but it's not implementation of orignal idea which was my point

>It's just sequenced of notes in order
Literally all that music is if you perceive it that way though

It's about difference between midi and perfomance

>It's not a better perfomance by any means

Completely subjective and irrelevant. The point is that you were effectively trying to strawman the guitar by posting an inept performance of the piece, implying that the guitar is incapable of a meaningful interpretation of it, when it was in fact the performer's fault the music was butchered. The video the other person posted and the second performance you posted prove that the guitar is in fact a capably emotive instrument (subjective, whatever) in the hands of a more practiced performer.

> implying that the guitar is incapable of a meaningful interpretation of it
it is
>the guitar is in fact a capably emotive instrument (subjective, whatever) in the hands of a more practiced performer
nobody said that guitar is not capable instrument, within the borders of it's restrictions
Pieces, written specially for it can be masterpieces of emotive expression (Barrios for example)
BUT
what i'm saying is that guitar can't interpret the flow in way violin or piano can
Paganini's intentions are just being clipped, and while there are great arrangments, they are paraphrases that can only stay on it's own

100bpm scales should take about a week to learn on guitar, if that

>kek. i can play below standard scales and ive only been playing for 2 months

>tfw just learned my first chord and have only been playing for 5 years

feels good not having to skip all the tabs that use chords anymore