Are women actually capable of enjoying music for anything other than the looks of a male Artists or the "deep" Lyrics?

are women actually capable of enjoying music for anything other than the looks of a male Artists or the "deep" Lyrics?

It feels like everytime a woman talks about why she likes an Artist it's either because she thinks he's hot or that the lyrics are "so true" eventhough the Musician is an atrocious songwriter and the only good part about their music is the actual music.

one example is Mariina and the Diamonds, she is quite possibly one of the worst songwriters out there, yet you will find lots of twelve year old girls that only like her for the "deep lyrics" on her album Electra Heart (which is also her worst album and she had co-writers on that album)

They don't care about her amazing Voice or the great Production on her non-Electra Heart songs, They only care about her "Virginity so she can feel infinity" so deep and tru xDDD.

It's not only the listeners but also the Musicians. just look at any interview of a female Musician they will always talk about the songwriting and everything else is irrelevant

Music taste is subjective, get off your high horse. Let people enjoy what they want and for whatever reason they want. You're not the taste police ffs.

>saying this on a board filled with waifufags

>what is the joke

but Sup Forums waifus actually makes good music, we don't just like them because of their looks.

between kpop, grimes, marina, lavren, etc, you have a very weak argument.

i don't think anyone listens to kpop for waifuing user

This is what adults call confirmation bias.

You're pretty obviously sexist, my guess is because girls find you gross or weird.

Your response is to demean women in your mind, to protect your feelings.

This is the perspective from which you imagine this hilariously stupid premise, that women are incapable of enjoying music.

You'll probably never get close enough to a woman to find the answer, so here you are on Sup Forums.

YOURE A FUCKING LIAR AND YOU DAMN WELL KNOW IT
Also why are we doing this thread again

are men actually capable of enjoying music for anything other than the looks of female Artists or the "deep" Lyrics?

It feels like everytime a man talks about why he likes an Artist it's either because he thinks she's hot or that the lyrics are "so true" even though the Musician is an atrocious songwriter and the only good part about their music is the actual music.

one example is Kendriick Lamar, he is quite possibly one of the worst songwriters out there, yet you will find lots of twelve year old boys that only like him for the "deep lyrics" on his album To Pimp A Butterfly (which is also his worst album and he had co-writers on that album)

They don't care about his amazingly personal storytelling or the great Production on his non-TPAB songs, They only care about his "AND THIS DICK AIN'T FREEEEEEEEE" so deep and tru xDDD.

It's not only the listeners but also the Musicians. just look at any interview of a male Musician they will always talk about the songwriting and everything else is irrelevant

>women's actually thinks she has a saying in this
o am I laffin

let me guess, you were born in le wrong genration and listen to Rock from the 80's.

grimes, marina, lavren, etc are as good as it gets when it comes to pop music from 10's

Literally all of Sup Forums listens to the lyrics and mostly enjoys simple and repetitive music as a result.

the funny thing is usually these girls can appreciate music for how good it is but wont actually listen to it unless it fits the image that they want for themselves. Like a postpunk/janglepop/synthwave girl will have a few singles from a band that her bf showed her but for the most part her music is just an extension of her clothing/fashion. And there are plenty of males who do the same shit

grimes, marina, lavren, etc are all good. you were memed to believe they're bad. they're actually good. don't mix them with that kpop stuff.

not all pop is bad; the problem is yours. you're biased against pop.

Nice projecting, bud.

go back to /r9k/, loser.

Your only example of this is 12 year old girls, who are 12 and are going to say stupid ass shit. Just because you've ran into people like that doesn't mean all girls are like that.
I don't tell anyone about the music I like though, nor would I ever even if someone asked me. band clothes are shit and make you look like a hipster anyways

What is amusing is that this is exactly the same for most teenage boys. I think this is often overlooked though.

I know when I was a 12-14yo, I liked skateboarding and shit like CKY, which was reflected in my fashion taste.
As my tastes in music developed, my fashion sense matched my preferences. When I was around 16/17 I really enjoyed black metal. So this was reflected by wearing black band t-shirts with logos that matched the style.
As my taste spread into more noise, drone and avant-garde nonsense, my fashion sense matured choosing not to sport band t-shirts, but opting for more designer clothing.
Now I look like an adult. You wouldn't really be able to tell what music I like, or categorise me based on what clothes I wear.

It is called growing up.

I think the same applies to most women.

quite the opposite, I'm simply saying these 'artists' are only recognised for being women, and know who their target audience is, marketing their image perfectly.

Do you have any idea how many ugly male musicians are out there that a lot of girls listen to? Ever heard of Ed Sheeran or Weezer? There is also nothing wrong with liking a specific song or album because of the lyrics on it, lol. Different people have different opinions on what they find important when listening to music.

Also, in pop music/mainstream music looks are very fucking important and add a huge bonus to the amount of people willing to listen to an artist. Would men even bother watching and listening to music video's on VEVO channels if Bebe Rexha, Rihanna,Taylor Swift weren't hot?

>It's not only the listeners but also the Musicians. just look at any interview of a female Musician they will always talk about the songwriting and everything else is irrelevant.

Eh, this is regardless of gender. A lot of interviews with musicians that are vocally driven remain superficial when discussing music in-depth. Just watch any Mac DeMarco interview.

then why is so Sia so successful if looks are important?

Ziegler

Yeah, because Grimes sure does make some good music.

I didn't say looks were the only thing, but it definitely helps a lot. That is why I also mentioned Ed Sheeran. Sia has a great voice and some of the most accessible songs to exist. And yes, Maddie Ziegler really helps as well.

Lmao truuu

I love our Sup Forums waifus

>are women actually capable of enjoying music for anything other than the looks
Yeah dumbass.

Just because you are so fucking pleb you haven't heard better.

>implying Sup Forums waifu pop isn't the logical conclusion to pop music
sure thing kid

but i only listen to sufjan stevens because he's the most beautiful man i have ever seen

women are meme

i wish i was angle olsen

This desu

Me too except not right now. I feel like the poor thing may be super tired from all the touring she's been doing lately. But I'm still excited to see her in February :)