Driver Rage, Traffic Rage, Asshole Drivers

Driver Rage, Traffic Rage, Asshole Drivers....

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merge_(traffic)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Assholes who use your dedicated turn lane...to make their left turn.

I hate people who sit with the front of their car about where the back of your car is right at the form one lane point. Then they dont slow down to merge behind you and honk you like they were somehow supposed to merge in front of you

The center lane is not a merge lane.

Yep.
Sucks but it's true.

Yep...always a few that wait until last second to get over....then they force their way over or get pissed for some reason or other when nobody will let them over.

Also when im driving a truck people always try to zoom in front of you at the merge point. I have to swerve sometimes. Like im not going to hit you, im going to fucking crush your tiny car

>tfw blue car

why the fuck not

No, this logic doesn't make sense. If one was meant to merge a mile beforehand, the lane would have ended a mile earlier. Why should someone expect to merge into another lane when there's still an lane in front of them?

Maybe they didn't have room or no one let them in until they got close to the end of the merge.

you guys are pussies. enjoy waiting longer in traffic

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merge_(traffic)

It's called zipper merging, you ignorant assholes. Learn to fucking drive.

yeah people be road raging over dumb stuff.

Its long to try to keep the flow of traffic moving. If you get to the end and have to stop and wait to merge you break the flow rather then merging while still moving

Yes... I need to ask as well why the fuck not?

Usually some asshole on his cell phone.....or one of those shitboxes with a "baby on board" sticker. Those tend to be annoying drivers. Too slow, overly cautious, drives 58-60mph in left lane with 60-65mph speed limit....and won't get the fuck out of the way.

that's only forcing him to merge, by doing what he's doing, it makes the traffic in behind the merge worse for longer

No, drivers who merge directly where the lane ends don't break the flow. The drivers who don't let them in break the flow.

yes

it literally is

>pull up behind car in the left lane at red light
>cars pile in behind me.
>cars to the right now
>light goes green
>car in front of me puts on blinker to turn left
>now I'm stuck until he makes it through

fucking cunt

Its a bit of both dude

Had just about enough of this "watch for motorcycles" shit. No. If you decide to drive a pointlessly small vehicle that is more difficult to see, the onus is on you to be more alert. Plus, the majority of motorcyclists I see blatantly and dangerously shirk the rules of the road, including weaving in and out of traffic, illegally changing lanes, using the shoulder, etc. Seriously, fuck off.

>tfw blue car freaks the fuck out when I waiting for him to pass

I can't help but notice all the cars in the merged lane piling up. They're providing no space and are themselves slowing down traffic.

People who don't understand that both of these cars can turn at the same time.

Suicide lane is suppose to be for pulling away from the main road and turning left. You're not suppose to driving inside them. It is called a suicide lane so go kys if you want.

if the left side finally clears it makes sense to get to and drive in center until right side clears too. otherwise you could be waiting forever.

No, it literally is not.

It is the center turn lane, intended to be used by vehicles in both directions of travel to use for a brief time to decrease speed while not impeding the flow of traffic in their direction and making left turns.

When entering a street, your legal duty as a driver is to gain speed (not decrease) to match that of the current traffic in the direction you are intending to drive in the lanes only going in that direction.

When I'm the right turning car in that situation I never go because I know some fuck head who can't stay in his lane will plow into me. And it'll be my fault if I'm going right on red since he'll have right of way.

and people don't go in their corresponding lanes. The yellow car will sometimes go in the blue lane because they don't feel like changing lanes after making the left. How long have you fucking drove for? It's retarded to trust other drivers.

That's your choice. If they make a wide turn it's his fault.

Shit that pisses me off when I drive
>if I'm going the speed limit or faster on the left lane then I'm in the right. Asshole always get behind me and flash their high beams
If you do this to me I will keep you behind me and maybe even go slower
>is it not enough for you to cut me off you couldn't at least use your turn signal.

Why do fuck heads think changing lanes is ok in the middle of an intersection while turning? How dumb can they be?

Your choice. No one can really stop you. It's just dangerous to do so.

my fav is when there are 2 turn lanes and the guy next to you drifts into yours and almost kills you and doesnt even realize it

wouldn't be your fault. The guy turning left, if he swings out into the right lane then he's changing lanes during a turn at an intersection, which is an illegal maneuver.

That's how I am when I'm in that situation. I also live and work in an area where most of the other cars are WAY nicer then mine and my insurance won't cover shit if I hit one of them. I don't understand why assholes that drive nice cars think they get the right away no matter what.

this is how i got into my last accident, i had a green light turning left and the guy across the street was going right on red. he ended up going across all 3 lanes of traffic and hitting me in the far left lane. florida no fault law left me paying for my own shit.

I know! In drivers ed I was taught to never ever change lanes in an intersection.

Yes this turn is completely doable.
If I'm the yellow car, I'm not going to trust that the blue guy will stay in his lane

doesnt make sense. if you have green light, and they have red, you 100% have the right of way.

It literally isn't. There is no reason anyone should be interfering with anyone in that lane no matter which direction their car is facing.

Actually everyone that merged a mile back is causing the traffic to be worse, the most efficient way to get people through is for that merge lane to stay full until the end and then zipper the merging cars in.

no witnesses pull over, no citations given. nobodies fault. fucking dumb huh?

Why? Do you have this level of distrust all the time or just in this situation? This is a very common way for people to negotiate situations like this in most large cities because you're holding up traffic otherwise. In rural areas full of hayseed jackfucks, people sit there yield like dumbasses.

wrong, when two lanes merge the most efficient thing to do is to for both lanes to zipper at the merge point and no sooner. merging sooner slows the entire process.

>no witnesses pull over, no citations given. nobodies fault. fucking dumb huh?

>doesnt make sense. if you have green light, and they have red, you 100% have the right of way.

RIght of way does not include swinging out into the right lane, changing lanes in an intersection. You make the turn, stay in your lane, and then once you clear the intersection you can then change lanes if it's clear.

Oh I hate that shit. The 10 people behind you are pissed also. Usually someone way back will get tired of waiting and move back to regular lane nearly causing an accident or actually getting hit. Seen that a few times.

Dude you're dip shit retarded. Look up suicide lane. I can't argue with someone who's uneducated.

This is illegal in Indiana and several other states. The left lane is the PASSING lane. If you are not passing, move the fuck over. What you're doing is more dangerous than speeding.

Probably one of the most basic complaints, and people would probably assume I'm going too slow, but why the fuck do people insist on tailgating? What do you gain, except a higher likelihood to rear end me? Especially if there's only one lane, and there's traffic. You're not going anywhere quicker by riding my ass.

Suburban driving, I've had to take evasive maneuvers 3 times dealing with this situation. Makes me inclined to not exactly trust people's decisions.
People sitting in the left turn lane and suddenly pull out to the right without even signaling when I'm coming down at 50 mph discourages my trust as well

The zipper merge efficiency assumes there is ample space to merge at the merge point.

However, that is rarely the case. This is why drivers should be looking down the horizon assessing car spacing and opportunity to make a safe and efficient merge at a break in the traffic.

If that break will be at the merge point or where you are first acknowledging the necessity of merging or somewhere in between - depends upon the traffic flow and volume of vehicles in the lanes next to you.

Don't be a dick and try to wedge your way in, no matter where it is. You'll only cause traffic back up.

Nobody gives a shit about your state.

Not everything you read on reddit is true. Speeding is much more dangerous than following the speed limit in the "fast lane"

This is not the case - If you have a protected left turn from a single turn lane into two lanes and there are no markings within the intersection (as is shown in the illustration), you are permitted to turn into either of the two lanes according to the uniform vehicle code.

Yeah the bigger asshole here is the blue car not getting over to let him in.

Don't be a twat, use all available space within your lane. The merge point causes fluctuations in overall speed. Wouldn't you want to extend that point as far out as possible rather than cram everybody into the lane and leave a perfectly good lane empty?

>right of way
[citation needed]
That's why it isn't legal to make a wide turn.

The picture assumes that the car turning left does not have left arrow, and both cars are simply looking at a green light.

Try driving in Ottawa.

The biggest load of fuck witts you'll ever experience.

Overtaking in the right lane, bicycles on slim roads where you cannot pass a cyclist (new law in Ontario) , driving under the speed limit, merging into 100km/hr traffic with no hesitation at 20km/hr, cutting you off for no apparent reason but to have a better view.

if youre in a single turn lane, and the road turns into multiple lanes, and you have a green signal, and somebody has a red signal, who do you think has the right of way? i cant believe you're arguing this?

user, that is 100% retarded of you to stay in the fucking left lane and holding people back. If you're gonna go slow/follow speed limit, move to the fucking right lane.

merging early will cause them to be passed, by cars who did not have an opening, from the lane they left, this slows the lane they entered unduly when they eventually merge in what is now out of order. optimally everyone zippers at the merge, no sooner.

On the contrary. The idiot that decides that the direction my car is facing should determine his course of action is the retard. It's still a car.

Also you bcause I can only assume you don't know how to utilize space for everyone's benefit.

WRONG

it's very simple...

I just drive right over the line. Is it illegal? Yes. Is it petty as fuck? Yes. Do I care? Not at all. If you're going to be a piece of shit that merges last minute, well you'll have to do it behind my ass 200 yards back. The passenger side of my car is already fucked, you can't do much worse.

then the one turning right has full right of way. turning left at green light means yield unless its an arrow.

i do this all the time

shit luck. sorry to hear that.

It's legal for the guy turning left to turn into either lane though, right? Unless there are solid lines painted to stay in a specific lane.
Guy turning right is supposed to turn right into furthest right lane.

>perfectly good lane that ends

Bicyclists who insist on driving in the road when THERE'S A FUCKING BIKE PATH.

>tailgaters
>folks who force you to tailgate
Nigger wait a couple seconds and then merge. Fuck you I'm driving too.

In that case, we have a similar situation - The blue car is turning from a single right turn lane onto a road with two lanes, so they are permitted to turn into either of the two lanes. The yellow car must yield in that situation.

Its illegal in the state I'm at

Why is this concept so difficult for so many?...

Nigger, you should try driving Orlando.
At the very minimum, it's worse because we have like 6 times more people trying to commute.

if i waited in line why let some fuckhead who passed everyone merge in front of me? no way. im tailgating car in front of me. i merged earlier and waited my turn, you should too.

You're an idiot.
Like already stated, it is more efficient to merge AT the merge point.

Hey look, ONE other person understands. The point of the zipper, especially in construction zones, is to have all merging occur at the end of the lane so that both lanes remain full. When actually done properly, this results in the lane that is not ending not getting backed up for miles.

no. left turn, you end up in the left-most lane, right turn you end up in the right-most lane.

I've never seen anyone use the left lane for passing only. That's stupid. The general rule is that faster traffic stays in the left lane and slower traffic in the right. If people kept the left lane empty and only got over there to pass the car in front of them, the already shitty traffic jams would be even worse.

That's three lawsuits and three times they could have been shafted by traffic fines you missed out on.
>wide turn

No, it is not.

When you make a left hand turn with a single left turn lane, you are to take the left most lane available when completing the turn. Anything else is in violation of the law.

hehehe

The flashing high beams thing is so silly. Makes me feel
Poor guy couldn't go one more car length and you ruined his fucking day.

when bicyclists start obeying traffic laws, i'll start sharing the road. until then, they're street pizza.

t. Jamal ES dropout

IF YOU AREN'T FROM MASSACHUSETTS YOU HAVE NO FUCKING RIGHT TO COMPLAIN ABOUT SHITTY DRIVERS

>they are permitted to turn into either of the two lanes
nope

you are correct but if done properly, no harm no foul.

You are the reason interstate driving and traffic is so terrible.

you're so fucking stupid that calling you fucking stupid is an insult to fucking stupid people. stop being part of the problem and just get cancer and die screaming.

The problem being zipper merging is only the law in certain places (Germany is one, I think). Unless it's enforced there will always be indignant assholes who think they own their lane.

>no. left turn, you end up in the left-most lane, right turn you end up in the right-most lane.

This. I don't know what these other faggots are talking about. There's no picking lanes when you turn. You stay in your fucking lane, then you change lanes if you need to.

God damn captcha, took me 6 tries of IDing store fronts, mountains, trees, bodies of water, and street signs to post this fucking reply.

No.

If you are turning right from the rightmost lane, you are to remain in the right-most lane while completing the turn.

Only after completing the turn in the right lane can you begin the process of changing lanes.

Motorcycles
Specificly faggots who lame split during heavy traffic.
Sorry you were too stupid to buy a vehicle that will borderline cripple you when it's tapped slightly in motion.