Thoughts on Dirty Beaches?

Thoughts on Dirty Beaches?

Totally forgot about this album. Listened to it when it came out and it was kind of cool. Whatever happened to this guy?

he releases music under the name last lizard now.

He released 2 albums afterwards. Check out Drifters / Love Is the Devil, Double LP. It was good.

poor mans suicide but pretty good regardless

He's doing a film about what it's like to be Taiwanese but not in Taiwan or something

I liked this album a lot. The name Dirty Beaches is genius. The music gets a little bit novelty but it was still a red hot release.

Then.. nothing else he did was quite like this and is now called last lizard making saw films and 10 minutes of dishwasher noise.

Why?

essential driving at night-core

I really enjoyed all his albums when they came out, don't listen to them much anymore but that's probably just a result of how many times I already have.

I don't know how accurate this is but I follow him on instagram and it looks like he's just out in pretty places with his beautiful wife having a good time

>ut in pretty places with his beautiful wife having a good time
DROPPED

>having a good time
dropped

And?

Love is the devil second disc is fucking GOAT.
the rest of his music is average though

Dirty beaches doing dishwasher
Matmos doing washingmachine

I guess home appliances are just trendy these days in making music

I liked the lo find rock and role mumble , but the ambient things he does shouldn't be released

Drifters/Love is the Devil is easily one of the best psychedelic rock/experimental rock albums to come out this decade

Badlands and Drifters/Love is the Devil are both personal favorites

Why? I liked it

Honestly same like I enjoy listening to that for some reason. I'm sure it means something to him though and that's what really matters

listening to this right now.
it's pretty fitting to my current situation (depressed as fuck in a coast town in summer).

Yeah exactly. I think the ambient was what meant the most to him in his whole career and then when fans didn't like it he lashed out, got depressed and stepped out of public view

You are right, I am in the wrong here.

I didn't know this, I thought the ambient always came first and this album was the odd one out, that he built his name from ambient in the original place

i love his stuff but he handled the whole switch to last lizard poorly.
should have made it another project instead of just the name change.

>dirty
Is that why they don't sleep on it any more?