Looking for a high end turntable to enjoy my vinyls. Anyone have any experience using this?

Looking for a high end turntable to enjoy my vinyls. Anyone have any experience using this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=abUcpCtMke0
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00JKS46JE/ref=ox_sc_act_image_2?smid=A3SPLR0MSOYZ8O&psc=1
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005OA3BSY/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A27HGK7WE7XGNX&psc=1
gizmodo.com/how-to-get-started-with-vinyl-records-1708515307
google.com/amp/lifehacker.com/five-best-record-players-1721432938/amp?client=safari
gizmodo.com/5216965/how-to-calibrate-your-turntable-for-the-best-possible-sound
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gramophone_record
google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2014/04/17/okay-fine-call-them-vinyls/?client=safari
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>vinyls
cringe thread?

is that a bee hive box

>not wanting a physical collection of music

buy one of these youtube.com/watch?v=abUcpCtMke0

CDs tho

i want it

>vinyls
>plural

>word that literally doesn't exist

>get asked to join to go shopping for vinyls
>"vinyls"
>know that calling the person out will be even worse than calling records "vinyls"
>spend rest of day suppressing urge to say something

*my vinyl records

Poseur cringe thread itt

good goy

keep buying

I dont get it

VINYLS
VINYLS
VINYLS
DIE YOU SOULLESS WHORE
OMG FUCK

cd's are literally physical mp3s

Some people don't agree with the word vinyl in the plural

>vinyls
>literal vinyl killer
>high end

kys yourself

I fucking know that feeling

I always end up caving in and calling people out like an autist

>CDs are mp3s
CDs are 16 bit lossless
Either way a physical product is a physical product, and CDs are better than cassettes

New physical nfc compatible format when?

>get asked to go shop for 'vinyls'
>tag along and get taken to 2 different clothes shops and 1 major music chain with shit selection
>take them to used record shop with huge varied selection. Also specializing in rare stuff.
>they get bored in 10 minutes and wait outside.

I don't understand casuals man. why does this shit happen?

>used
Some people don't like jipos?

Because they need that new Twentyone Pilots album in a format they can play on their cool crosley turntable

Because used vinyl is uncool. They'd rather buy The Beatles 1962-66 and Queen Greatest Hits brand new, pressed in 180 gram vinylssss

What are you trying to say?

I don't think you understand how data works

If you're staying fresh, get an AT-LP120 with a set of AudioEngine A5+ active 2-way speakers. Not only will you have a great setup that doesn't require you to mess around with a preamp or a stereo receiver, but it's almost the most versatile and best-looking set at the price point. Regas or Pro-jects are quality tables, but not better than an AT-LP120, plus I think they kind of look like dick, and are missing tons of functionality, and you'll probably have to worry about a belt.

People on this board are going to attempt to front on you for getting that set up, but only because people LOVE that set up, and it's fairly common among people who start with Crosleys, go to AT60s, and then graduate to the 120. Once you have the 120, you're only upgrade path would be to someday score a Technics 1200. Aside from that, get better speakers as you see fit. But shit, the AudioEngine A5's are incredible.

If you get those two things (and Amazon has a bundle with a spare cartidge and a record brush for the same price as a single AT-LP120) you could roll with them for life.

Seriously dude, you won't believe how good that shit sounds. Our parents grew up in the 70s and 80s and occasionally messed with grandma and grandpa's shitbag all-in-one record players with plastic BSR platters and the myth that records have a crackling, tinny sound is wild--but is being perpetuated accidentally by kids with Crosleys.

But records can sound so fucking bossssss

On top of that, my wife loves to go to Goodwill and Salvation Army, and all of those records are like 50 cents a pop. And I've never found one of my favorite albums, but at fifty cents, I'll take a chance on whatever weird shit, and in turn find some cool stuff.

Happy hunting! Here's some Amazon links.
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00JKS46JE/ref=ox_sc_act_image_2?smid=A3SPLR0MSOYZ8O&psc=1
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005OA3BSY/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A27HGK7WE7XGNX&psc=1

maybe it's because you're autistic

very good advice, do this OP

>$140 shipping

Fuck, what's the point of buying shit online anymore.

>I want something new
AT-LP120
Pro-Ject or Rega if you have more money
Technics SL-1200 if you have even more money

>I want something vintage
Buy a used record player from Dual, Thorens, Pioneer, Lenco, Technics, whatever. It should have counter weight and anti skating.
Buy a new cartridge. Get the best you can afford.

Do you live on the moon, my man?

>Spending 500 on speakers
Yeah m8 just thrift an amp and passive speakers for next to nothing

Close, Australia.

do you think trump will make it legal to kill people who say 'vinyls' if I ask him nicely?

How is the at lp60? Im about to buy it if nobody stops me. Dont really want to spend the $300 for the lp120 yet

I have some decent bookshelf speakers and a decent amp atm, definitely will upgrade those in the future though

Don't buy the LP60 unless you intend on damaging your records.

Apparently the LP60 uses MM carts instead of ceramic, so in theory it doesn't have to track heavily for it to play properly, but I've seen LP60 track at 4.5 gram (almost the same as the cheap ceramic carts), so it's better to go for ATLP120 instead.

I'm 120 guy. Get the 60 if that's your price point! It's a million miles above anything else I'm its category--IE, Crosleys, really. Just get like 80-100 dollar bookshelf speakers if you can swing it.

Records getting damaged is a meme. They probably won't even meaningfully degrade in your lifetime.

kys poorfag

>They probably won't even meaningfully degrade in your lifetime.

Not on a properly set up turntable. LP60's tracking force varies with each unit, and might be just enough to cut your records' lifespam short

Really, check out some Gizmodo and Lifehacker turntable guides. Everybody here is a know-nothing snob.

gizmodo.com/how-to-get-started-with-vinyl-records-1708515307
google.com/amp/lifehacker.com/five-best-record-players-1721432938/amp?client=safari

At this stage, that's all the info you need, good buddy.

how the hell do i properly balance my turntable? i don't have any of these special tools goddammit

Yeah but this guy is looking to maybe get into vinyl. I'm willing to let him take the 1-in-500 chance that he might damage his records in a subtle way. His collection is probably 10-15 LPs, max. If he decides later to drop $800 bucks on a setup, he'll be invested enough to consider new copies anyway, if they're damaged at all.

yeah i only have 6 records atm and none of them are particularly valuable or rare

This guide is great! gizmodo.com/5216965/how-to-calibrate-your-turntable-for-the-best-possible-sound

>mfw people don't understand shit about language
>mfw people still think vinyls is wrong
>mfw prescriptivist shitfucks

And you probably won't hurt them anyway. Go for the 60! I'm excited to hear more from you on this board in the future. Convenience plus: you can scoop up one of those at an FYE or a Barnes and Noble.

just call them records you donut

Literally NOTHING wrong with saying vinyls, dipshit.

>kys yourself
>kill yourself yourself

>I want something new
Stanton t150 is pretty damn good

yes there is

you wouldn't call the plural of sheep "sheeps"

See 1. Everyone knows exactly what the literal fuck you mean by vinyls
2. It's common fucking usage of the word
3. You're a blithering fucking idiot who don't understand language

Only millennials and newfags call vinyl records "vinyls"

thanks my dude :)

and u.

You're welcome good buddy! Shout out to the one other guy in the thread who wasn't an idiot. Break!

>tfw I know exactly which record store that OP pic was taken in

Recycled Records a best. REMOVE AMOEBA!

No, literally everyone says vinyls, you fucking imbecile. There's nothing wrong with it, stop believing you're better than anyone else because you "know" it's supposed to be "vinyl records". God, there's nothing more autistic.

the real term is gramophone records drown yourself

>No, literally everyone says vinyls, you fucking imbecile

No they don't. You grandparents and parents call them records, albums, whatever. Only you and other hip 15-year-olds call them vinyls

It's phonograph record, kindly go hang yourself.

Fun fact: you're a millennial. Millennials are people born in the early 80s to late 90s. Not "people born after 2000" which you seem to think.

Oh what was that, people don't use the word like that so that's not what it means really? Well whoppdiefuckingdoo.

You are now free to choose which word you are fucking wrong about:
1. millennial
2. vinyls

Voice of reason reporting
It doesn't matter, but: they are called records, most commonly, and calling them vinyls is a badge of being, if nothing else, young and new to the hobby.

But it doesn't matter. Also fuck trips

Millennial is more of a personality trait than a simple generation nomenclature.

People born before 2000 are Generation Y, but yeah, I get it.

BTW the only people who think of millenials as anyone born after 1982 are boomers who don't understand that we don't want to work shitty jobs and get buttfucked our entire life.

how does it feel to be a loosing looser you egg sandwich

Why are you arguing with yourself?

No, people call them vinyls and there's nothing wrong with that. The only people who will ever call someone else on the usage of the word "vinyls" is pretentious stuck up snobs who want to feel superior and people who want to use language as a shibboleth and keep others out of the hobby.

>but muh usage
>Millennials (also known as Generation Y, Generation Me, Echo Boomers, Peter Pan Generation) are the demographic cohort following Generation X. There are no precise dates for when this cohort starts or ends; demographers and researchers typically use the early 1980s as starting birth years and ending birth years ranging from the mid-1990s to early 2000s.
You are now free to choose which word you are fucking wrong about:
1. millennial
2. vinyls

>hurpadurp look at me I am and retards

trips are fucking idiots
Thanks for ruining this thread you dumb crybaby

Thanks dude
Good job
Everyone is loving this
Thanks for contributing

>trips
I believe it is you who are the idiot.
>>hurpadurp look at me I am and retards
wow you sure showed me

Rock and Roll good buddy. Thanks for annoying everybody out of the thread.

I look forward to seeing you attempt to assassinate every thread involving vinyl ever again.

google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2014/04/17/okay-fine-call-them-vinyls/?client=safari

>Hampus
Kill yourself