Vidya thread

vidya thread.

I need a fun game to play. I haven't had a game I was legitimately invested in since League of Legends and before that it was Skyrim. These I'm just playing pokemon emulators and Metroid fusion it's awful. Civ 5 was alright.

Need suggestions. Fantasy RPGs are probably what I'm looking for

Other urls found in this thread:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sega.sonicdash
discord.gg/TXdANy9
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

DREDDIT IS RECRUITING

>League of Legends
lul

I dropped that game sometime in the summer. Its not fun anymore >.>

Bump for similar reasons

>>.>
hello re-ddit

Bump

Dragon's dogma

Final Fantasy XIV

Xenoblade Chronicles X
I've logged ~200 hours on it. I love it. The story is meh, but it's fun and vast.

Bump

rust

minecraft ripoff

rust is alright though

I've heard good things about Endless Legend. It's another 4x, so you might be interested.

I've played quite a bit of Elite: Dangerous, but fell off slightly after the Engineers update, and haven't been back. I'll probably get their next piece of DLC and give it another go. It's not exactly a fast paced game, but it's pretty and most of the time relaxing.

Have you played any of the Total War series?

oh yeah RTW and M2:TW were my jam. age of empires was fantastic as well

if u think rust is like minecraft then ur prolly a shitty who just runs around farming instead of pvp

enjoy ur wasted hours of resource management instead of actually engaging other players in what is widely considered an extremely challenging fps experience even to hardened cs vets

I was never big into fps

so

ya bring on the RPGs

Ok! Well, the new Total War game is based on fantasy Warhammer. I've never played it, but it looks pretty cool, and the hero characters seem more interesting than "King Axeman the Incredibly Healthy"

I played quite a bit of Planetary Annhilation when it came out, but I think the game's died since then. Ashes of the Singularity is a similarly grand-scale RTS almost in the vein of Supreme Commander's giant unit blobs and experimentals, but I don't think I like its building system.

Of interesting note is Offworld Trading Company, a hexagonal turn based strategy game focused around a dynamic market simulation. Next time it drops below $30, it's going in my library.

>Total War Warhammer

holy shit it looks like LOTR

lol enjoy never being challenged in any way, if u dont like games that are difficult then why even play anything, u should put on some piece of shit fantasy land movie like hunger games and cut your hands off so u never have to feel inferior to anyone else

literally kys, u dont play games, u manage inventory and watch cutscenes

fucking level 99 cuckmage buttsword eat some cheesewheels and fast travel to ur quest location u worthless shitstain ur a fucking disgrace

gaming started out good w pong, simple mechanics, easy to learn and compete, then it was all downhill from there with escapist games that baby the player from A to B so they can slowly uncover pieces of a story 100x worse than twilight fanfiction

gg no re

Play this. For the past 6 months I've only played games from 96-99. Didn't know what a god-tier era that was.

And is beautifully animated! Look at some of the devstreams.

This.
This game is the star of my wet dreams, it's what makes me hard and it's what I think about to cum during sex

warframe is fun if you like just killing alot of shit and its free :/ also kind of an rpg i guess

I've heard from friends that play that it gets really grindy. Have the devs addressed that?

>I don't like shooters
>never challenged
wut

u mad? lol

Warframe is good. it's pretty grindy though and the RNG is just.... aaaahhhhh

I rented this one years ago (during n64 era, pic related) and liked it. It wasn't a well-received game, but we were poor as fuck and couldn't afford to buy games often, so I enjoyed it and learned to appreciate what we had. Good memories. :)

im about 10 hours in and i havent grinded once for anything. im sure it changes far into the game but so far for a beginner it seems really really fun. first game in a long time that i actually lost track of time while playing. (Last game to do that was skyrim)

I stopped around 70 hours. It's like a better version of Destiny imo

any good recent indie games for PC? FTL will always be among the best, I think.

i just think its sad that u play garbage interactive movies where u choose from 4 dialogue options that all progress the "plot" in exactly the same way, it doesnt matter what class u choose, literally nothing u do matters or changes ur play experience from anyone elses, and the games u buy arent even finished bc u spend an equal amount on the game as u do on the DLC, so if ur into that then ok i guess? lol

ur getting cucked tho, ppl like u are the ones that pour mountains of wealth into the hands of hypemen con artists like todd howard and sean murray, and the money u spend on ur trash choose-ur-own-adventure books feeds the game industry data that will influence development for years to come

our descendents will eventually be playing an advertisement platform disguised as a sonic game where u run on a rail requiring practically zero intervention or skill using a controller with only one button and u have to pay money to unlock levels or turn off the ads

oh wait that already happened lmao

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sega.sonicdash

YES thats what i was just thinking. its a better destiny.

>good
>indie
Ha

>Implying there's been a good AAA game this decade

South park: The stick of truth

ok

have fun shooting ppl

>a shitty

A wat

>njoy ur wasted hours of resource management instead of actually engaging other players in what is widely considered an extremely challenging fps experience even to hardened cs vets

Please calm down you fucking spergling

He's fucking retarded is what he is. Holy shit. He sounds like if Eric Cartman were a real person, and that person had a kid that he habitually choked until he almost died and then just set him loose at college.

ARE YOU GATEKEEPING VIDYA AS A WHOLE?

What the fuck happened to your brain that it functions on a level so close to a wild hog?

>our descendents will eventually be playing an advertisement platform disguised as a sonic game where u run on a rail requiring practically zero intervention or skill using a controller with only one button and u have to pay money to unlock levels or turn off the ads

>our descendants

>descendants

Aliens

Metal gear solid is one of the best game series ever in my opinion. You gotta play it from the start, mgs1. Outstanding games, seriously. If you're into stealth games with good stories, this is for you, but you'd better like cheesy dialogue and chliches because these games invented all of them.

>inb4 "phantom pain is trash"

Its pretty good, just different

if u mean have fun developing the incredible hand-eye coordination and muscle memory required to aim imprecise weapons purposefully designed with insane recoil and collision detection unlike any other fps in the professional circuit, mimicking real-world mechanical physics principles better than any game before in history then ya ill enjoy playing rust, one of the most difficult games ever made with the fastest-growing community in the fps genre

found the shitties

i love rust bc cucklords like u cant survive 5 minutes so u just give up, weakly attempt to ridicule players who succeed at it, and slink back to dota or LoL with ur beta cock tucked between ur legs so u can fart ur way down mid w ur shitty teammates who only play unranked csgo, spamming hotkeys and waiting for ur ult to recharge, thinking ur playing a hard game lmao

gnight bois i hope some day u realize that the "games" ur playing require the same amount of skill as the sims 2

literally snake is harder than any game listed in this thread

jesus

kek are you taking the piss m8? You can't actually believe all that shit, right?

What this guy said
Get Dragons Dogma dark arisen on seam right now. Slow start, but very excellent. You'll love it, especially towards the end when crazy shit becomes available to you.

I still play this after all these years. It was my first CD-ROM game on my shiny new IBM all those years ago. Nostalgia city for me, this one.

EVE will have f2p in November

>if u mean have fun developing the incredible hand-eye coordination and muscle memory required to aim imprecise weapons purposefully designed with insane recoil and collision detection unlike any other fps in the professional circuit, mimicking real-world mechanical physics principles better than any game before in history then ya ill enjoy playing rust, one of the most difficult games ever made with the fastest-growing community in the fps genre

>Being this fucking autistic

Hey man, unrelated, how do you feel about collared shirts?

Try the Nioh beta, super challenging Dark Souls + Onimisha / Ninja Gaiden type game. Lots of fun if that's your thing

Bruh with the no chill. fps are fun and challenging, but sometimes its more than just sitting there flicking from headshot to headshot. Sometime in like you just needs to wail into a story and solve some puzzles.

Should probably mention it's a PS4 exclusive...

discord.gg/TXdANy9

Come chill

Dark Souls 1-3

Really hard to get into but insanely rewarding. Also you can spend hours upon hours on the lore.

on a real note, try out Icewind dale get on GOG for cheap and its a shit ton of fun. Not graphically pleasing sometimes but its hard and fun and i think i sunk 80 hours in my first play through, the dlc and the second game are huge too.

>solve some puzzles

kek

Like I said dude, Dragons Dogma: dark arisen. It's similar to monster hunter in the fact that you can hunt epic creatures like griffons, hydras, cyclops, some other shit I haven't even come across. You can climb on them and do shadow of the colossus type shit. There are like 9 classes that become available in mid game and once you unlock the classes you can switch between them. Magic in this game is the dopest magic I have ever seen. Character customization is extensive too. Like, really good. It starts out slow man, but fuuuuuck is it worth it.

This. Easiest bull shit puzzles, fucking Zelda does better. Gotta say Oblivion is my favorite, and I have the anthology.

yeah a puzzle.

Sorry I replied to you, didn't realize you were stupid.

>wail into a story

kek

If you haven't played The Witcher III then you need to. I think I liked it more than skyrim and idk how many hours I put into that shit

Alright Doritos stained COD head ass, be as basic as you want