Hey Sup Forumsros does anybody know the long term effects of weed...

hey Sup Forumsros does anybody know the long term effects of weed. Does it make you less smart at all because thats what im reading. I want to try it and get an opinion from someone who smokes

Other urls found in this thread:

petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/please-do-not-make-kratom-schedule-i-substance
jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=1104848
lung.org/stop-smoking/smoking-facts/marijuana-and-lung-health.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it mkes u vry smrt

vrey troe

Also makes u very gay

if less motivated equals less smart

>reads weed makes people less smart
>asks weed smokers their opinions of their own smartness
>doesn't see the irony

dats nut tru

Biologist here. The THC doesn't cause any proven long term effect. The problem is the smoking by itself. The CO2 is the one that damages you over time causing life lasting damage in you lungs and also in your brain. Since most people use bongs and pipes that make way more smoke than normal cigarettes, some studies are biased to say weed makes you dumb.

do you mean can you memorize text books the same as if you haven't smoked it?

yeah you can

Spic here, been smoking since I was wondering 12, took AP Physics and AP Calc AB , studying for engineering for da moneyz , making $13 an hour. Always had a drive to succeed after seeing so many of my friends and family die with the gang banging lifestyle of NorCal. Weed doesn't make you stupid but it amplifies you're tendencies by 100x. If you've always just kind of been a last minute/ lazy person, then yeah with weed you'll probably jusy lay around, watch tv, play video games and want to do nothing at all. But if you've always been the type to want to go out and do something for fun, when you smoke you'll likely be the same way, just way more excited about.

TL/DR. Weed amplifies your "natural state". Think Raven's emotions from Teen Titans

Just for the record, I'm only 18, and freshman in college so take my opinion for what it's worth. Hopefully some older Sup Forumstards will shed some light on this. Whether agreeing or disagreeing

>smartness

Nice trips, but sigh.

average heavy user has a drop of 10 iq points or more

I'm not sure, but I read that a long term study on the effects of smoking marijuana found zero or negligible effect on lung health, even on heavy, dialy users over multiple decades. Ill try to dig it up.

I think it's hilarious that potheads will eat up any shit that says "marijuana is 100% safe" but reject anything that says "it may have some negative effects".

Christ I had to post that 4 times to get it right and Im not even high. Fuck weed, Sup Forums is the real killer.

My grandparents have alzheimers and have never touched weed in his lives. This guy is older than my grandparents. Weed has no long term effects. Sup Forums is legendary in finding legit scientific research proving how different races are different species but can't find any serious scientific research about the dangers of marijuana. Harry J. Anslinger is having a temper tantrum in heaven (or hell).

KEK

*their lives

Depends on when and how much you smoke it. Do you smoke it when your brain is still in development, speaking when you're still a young adult in your early twenties or younger?

If so, don't smoke weed regularly or it will impact your brain development negatively, that's just scientific fact.

also if you smoke it, smoking causes lung cancer.

Alzheimer is genetic. There was nothing he could do to avoid it, only make ir slower. You should keep that in mind and see a doctor regularly.

From someone who smokes. It makes it hard to remember things as easily. I can't think of which word I want to use sometimes which never happened before I smoked. This isn't constant but it's noticeable. After smoking for a while life becomes sort of bland if you don't smoke. Food just isn't the same. Experiences aren't the same. Again it's not a huge difference but it's noticeable. If you stop smoking for a few weeks this goes away. There are good things though. I feel like it has made me think about things I normally wouldn't of and opened my mind to more things. I sleep better, I'm happier, my back pain is tolerable. It helps a lot with stress. I can't smoke strong sativas though or I get really intense panic attacks.

You have to be 18 or older to post on this website, kiddo

I agree with this. I wanted to add this to what I was saying but couldn't think of how to say it lol. It amplifies whatever you're feeling. I can't smoke if I'm anxious or mad because it just makes it worse for me.

Not even remotely close to true, you are still inhaling plant material that has gone through combustion.

If you vaporize/eat edibles then obviously you will have little to no effect on lung health, smoking bongs is just as damaging as smoking anything else.

I'd say this is about right. There are a lot of people that say weed is what makes them lazy but lazy people are lazy people. Weed definitely just enhances whatever is there.-

hey stoners, another helpful plant needs your help! instead of legalizing like cannabis though, we need to KEEP this one legal. unlike cannabis which was made illegal before many of us were alive, we actually have a chance to keep Kratom legal.

In case you haven't heard, the DEA has announced a plan to make Kratom a Schedule 1 Substance, which would render it 100% illegal within 30 days (by Septermber 30th) for the entire US.

Sign the petition and join the American Kratom Foundation's Facebook page to join in keeping this amazingly helpful plant legal. Whether you use it for pain management, depression/anxiety, an energy boost or mild stimulant, or as an aid to help with opiate/opioid addiction, Kratom needs your help. The DEA is bought and sold by the FDA, lobby groups, big pharma and anyone else who'd rather peddle chemicals than let Americans live free. First they decided to keep Cannabis as a Schedule 1, despite owning numerous patents on it (clearly a money-made decision) and now Kratom is the next on the list of plants to slandered and banned.

petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/please-do-not-make-kratom-schedule-i-substance

if you are a teenager with a developing brain it will impair your ability to learn and handle mental health problems but no so much as an adult if at all.

You can be anything you want on the idiot and you chose to be a dumbass... Sorry bud

Let me put it this way. Weed basically presses a pause button on your life. If you're completely comfortable where you are in your life and don't want anything to change or personally grow in any way, then it's for you. I've smoked daily/near daily for about 4 years and I've had to accept that it just makes certain kinds of growth impossible. Your memory is affected, your speech is affected. That being said, it's fucking amazing.

Kratom is boring and tastes like shit. Who cares.

Found it, its an study published by the Journal of the American Medical Association, but I also found a contradictory opinion by the American Lung Association. I tend to believe the first study, as its long term, with a really wide population under study, but I didnt really check the sources on the ALA article and I might be biased, as I am an user.

Long-term study:jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=1104848

ALA article:lung.org/stop-smoking/smoking-facts/marijuana-and-lung-health.html

?

TRAPS AREN'T GAY

There no clear scientific con census on the long term mental effects of marijuana usage.
All you will hear here is anecdotal evidence.

He's being edgy. Your response was fine.

Here you go buddy

Actually faggot there is only about a 15% genetic correlation in Alzheimer patients.

Bear with me now its been 6 years since i had to study this shit and ill try and make it simple enough to understand that a shit flinger such as yourself can understand.
Its from the proteins and tangles gumming up the works in your brain. THC acts as a "conditioner" of sorts on Ba keeping it from bunching up (which keeps neurons from dying off and turning to tangles) It also functions as to help pass them through your system (think laxatives for the brain) This can lead to prevention of Alzheimer onset or in cases where people are already effected it can slow and in some cases halt progression.

By all means though do some research before you post again. Might learn a thing or two.

what the fuck is kratom?

I could suck your dick right now (totally no homo) finally someome with a functional brain says what I always expect in a thread like this, smoking, no matter what it is, it's bad. Don't know about eating marijuana though.

I would love to hear a pro weed argument that doesn't start with "a study". Potheads don't even realize that most of the "research" done is by biased college students trying to validate their "hobby". Then again, most pot smokers...

clinical biochemist here it can cause damage in the long term by decreasing the sensitivity in your dopamine and serotonin receptors causing paranoia lack of motivation and a lowered reaction time. this is the case in most long time smokers of cannabis.

chronic stoner reporting in to say that yes, it makes you 'slower,' so to speak- especially while stoned (which for many is all day, every day)

if you're still in school don't even bother smoking til after you get your degree and get a sweet ass job- you've got a lot higher chance of dropping out or failing classes because you got lazy etc

DEFINITELY makes ME lazy/less successful/less motivated/etc...

and high levels of THC do cause memory loss- look it up if you don't believe me

It kind of gives you the feeling of an opiate but it's very weak and you have to consume quite a bit. It's legal. But it's not mind blowing or anything. Someone I know used it to help them get through heroin withdrawls and they're clean now so I guess it has some uses.

based knowledgeable spic bro

Holy shit, I don't normally checkem, but I got the same trips 2 times in this thread.

Just try it yourself, it won't hurt you and you won't get addicted. It's not like in the cartoons, you won't hallucinate or see colors. It's a good relaxant, best for just chilling watching a video or playing games.

If you smoked more weed it could've been three times

Nigger, why do you think science is based on studies? Its the only thing that prevents any argument devolving into a screaming match of hearsay and anecdotal evidence. If you find that a study is flawed or biased, just keep looking for one that is objective. That is, if you really want the objective truth, and not just bash either side.

Yeah exactly, it's so fucking mild and people tend to forget that it tastes FUCKING HORRIBLE. No one really cares about it being banned except people who want to care.

Cool story. I like all that research you've done to prove/disprove bias.

George Burns lived to be 100 years and smoked cigars. Is he the rule or the exception? There are also people that drink excessively and live long, and there are people that drink the same and die of organ failure related to alcohol.

Just because it doesn't affect some people (and this is based on no scientific evidence whatsoever, such as our good Mr. Nelson there) doesn't mean it doesn't have an effect.

>Read some shit in a website, call me PhD.
>Laxative of the brain
>Thinks genetic traits works as they teach in high school.

Proud of you, user.

>Still bothered to do no research
>Easily confused even though i tried giving examples a teenager could understand
>Actual fucking studies faggot

But yep my pre med days are over with, go out and make something of yourself or at least bother to research something before making more of an ass of yourself.

>pre med