Why hasn't Disney made an Oriental princess?

Why hasn't Disney made an Oriental princess?

Mulan doesn't count, she was neither royalty nor did she marry into it.

>oriental
Get your racist fucking ass right out of here

"Princess" refers to their branding, not whether or not they're actual royalty within their own story.

To be a Disney Princess is to be part of a merchandise line, nothing more, nothing less.

because dey arr rook saym

Oriental isn't a race

Disney said Mulan counts so they don't give a fuck anymore about Asia.

so do all Disney princesses

Orientals get offended that you think oriental is a bad word.

India/Arabia/Agrabah is in Orient, you fuck

PooinLoo from Aladdin

They clearly do if they put dr. Chinaman in iron man 3 just for china

Who asked them?

I decide what's offensive and what's not, you shitlord

I think he's a burger. For some reason in yankland calling someone from The Orient an Oriental is somehow raysisum.

It's really stupid and lacks any form of logic, but that is the land where "coloured people" is racist and "people of colour" isn't.

Basically, just ignore them.

Yet they still make more movies for WHITE CIS WOMEN like Frozen when there's only one for African Americans.

Absolutely problematic.

kek

Orient is almost exclusively east asia.

If by Oriental you mean Asian....

Jasmine is technically one.

Mulan wasnt a real princess but she counts

>For some reason in yankland calling someone from The Orient an Oriental is somehow raysisum.
The reason is Asian people see how much attention black people get when they cry racism, and they want attention too. So they pretend to be offended by just about everything.

I don't know why, it's not considered a slur but something outdated. I think kids think because no one uses it anymore it must be very offensive like calling someone a chink.

Shut up losers

>Distinct within U.S.A. culture, some American English speakers consider the term "Oriental" to be an antiquated, pejorative, and disparaging term. John Kuo Wei Tchen, director of the Asian/Pacific/American Studies Program and Institute at New York University, said the basic critique of the term developed in U.S.A. in the 1970s. Tchen has said: "With the U.S.A. anti-war movement in the '60s and early '70s, many Asian Americans identified the term 'Oriental' with a Western process of racializing Asians as forever opposite 'others'."[7] In a 2009 American press release related to legislation aimed at removing the term "oriental" from official documents of the State of New York, Governor David Paterson said: "The word 'oriental' does not describe ethnic origin, background or even race; in fact, it has deep and demeaning historical roots".[8]

>In 2016, President Barack Obama signed legislation striking the word from federal law.[9]

>Yanks

Chinese beat them to it.

Muslim Chinese concubine turned princess coming through.

>oriental
>from the orient
>from the east
I don't get what the fuck is racist about this term

t. chink

Orientals are East Asian.

Get out of here with that raghead shit.

>why hasn't disney made an asian princess
>the asian princess they made doesn't count

quality thread

Caring about China(Mulan) is not the same as caring about Asia.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AMERISHITS
Oh sorry I meant shits of american origin

there may be some friction with white audiences if disney presents an asian figure more attractive to young impressionable audiences than a european figure

Kairi is an asian princess.

That's funny, don't chinks hate their muslim turk minorities and oppress the shit out of them