I'm having some pc problems. If anyone can solve it I'll gift a steam game under $20...

I'm having some pc problems. If anyone can solve it I'll gift a steam game under $20. When I boot I only get a black screen with an underscore. I tried booting with out harddrives, without ram (it just boots up and shuts off 15 sec later, only black screen), and I've checked every cable.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198077858632/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

hdd's fucked

would recommend try booting with a cd

do you have enough power for the parts?

I think you need a new hard drive
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198077858632/

if he already tried without his ram then the psu shouldnt be the prob

Use another computer to make a bootable flash drive of Linux or something. That will tell you if it's your hdd

If you're not even getting to the BIOS (which is part of the motherboard), then you're likely experiencing an issue with the MOBO.

If this is a new build, then you might not: 1.) Have enough power in the PSU, or 2.) Not have cables correctly connected.

If this is a computer to which you already have been using, etc, and it's only now suddenly hit this issue, than it's most likely you're having a MOBO trouble. The solution to which, is to buy a new one.

Try booting without motherboard

turn it off and back on again

Assume you are adjusting boot order in bios as needed in testing

tried booting without the hdd (a fairly new hdd at that), same exact problem.
yes, it's 750w i believe, and the pc has been running without problems for a couple of months
it is an "old" motherboard, but I bought it 3 months ago. Hadn't been used.

Computer repair fag here. If it powers off by itself after 15 seconds. That could be a stuck power button. bad motherboard or USB port shorted out. others have already mentioned PSU. here. have some tits.

underrated

it only does that when i try booting without ram

Have you been working on this problem for a while? It happened to me a while back and later found out that it usually comes from minor problems in hdd or motherboard and the most common cause is from overheating, so trying to fix it some a long time is making the problem worse, since it is still heating up but not all of the components are able to function properly

It's been a problem for a while, but in the past I've just restarted it a couple of times until the BIOS menu came up, and then i could boot from there. I doubt it's overheating though, I've looked at the temperature and it's steady at about 45 degrees celsius.

Hmm, have you had any pc changes prior to the problem? Installing a new program, purging your computer, fiddling with the hardware?

Sounds like a bad MOBO, I tried to fix some old mans computer and he had the same issue as you. I also had the same issue during my first build.

RMA that shit.

now give me a free game pls

[email protected]

If the HDD crashed, try seeing if you can get a side loaded Linux build and verify if it's that might be it. Could be something internal busted too, but that's usually what I go with to make sure if it's the hard drive or not first.

is the hd clicking?

OP here, I'm 90% sure that it's the motherboard at this point. The only thing that makes sense really. The HDD and SSD are both new, new graphics card, the power supply is plenty enough, and the motherboard is the only thing that's old and used.

OP here again, what MOBO should I buy?

So, can I has game now please?

That's the longest neck I've ever fucking seen lol

no, you don't get anything for confirming my suspicion. + the problem isn't solved at all.

Then do your own troubleshooting next time you dumb nigger faggot.

Rub a magnet on your HDD just to make sure the pin on the inside isn't stuck

oh i'm sorry, was this a troubleshoot thread? might wanna go back to your abc's you inbred cocksplat