How are they so fucking good at rugby?

They have under a million people, their country is smaller than Vermont, and they are poor as shit wth third world tier infrastructure. So how can they beat countries like Australia and Great Britain!?

They clearly have God on their side.

>rugby
they're not
>7s
because it's a meme sport

even focusing on sevens they're still ranked in the top 10 in union

Be gracious in defeat, you don't want people thinking you're bitter

>defeat

>women's sports

>rugby
>women
When will the Australian shitposting end?

even small islands if they focus all their resources and development on a single sport can be really fucking good. that and they just breed some goat athletes.

american samoa football
curacao baseball
west indies cricket
jamaica sprinting

Because Rugby 7 is now an Olympic sport and they are good at Rugby in general so unsurprisingly they won at a sport they can do well in.

It's why if Cricket were an Olympic sport with multiple medals being given out, you would see Pakistan, India and Bangladesh medal count skyrocket.

>Third world
Sure I'd call them developing but I would hardly say third world. They're reasonably well off as far as island nations go. Kind of irks me whenever I hear implications of them being poor during commentary on rugby and such as it reeks of racism.

Also considering their population they are great, but they tend to under perform most of the time. Still, one tenth of the population being registered as a rugby union player fucking hell.

Someone should tell them they are good at rugby.

They are the best at 7s, nobody really comes close

Sup Forums is a misogyny free zone lads

>American Samoa football

Are you trolling?

To be fair the top 10 in union has the problem of literally every other sport other than football of it being completely meaningless and insular. There is a VERY small pool of nations who are any good at it and they don't tend to compete with lower ranked nations very often.

was a really racist move to create the rankings after we were good

also iceland strongman

fuck off

Real rugby is played by men. Women are free to also play their own version but it will never be on the same level. I am sorry if facts trigger you.

You know the West Indies is not a nation right? It's a collection of Caribbean island nations which also includes Jamaica.

Oh wait, you meant handegg.

He didn't imply they were.

west indies was more of a former thing, when they were the greatest bar none. and even with the collection of islands it's still a very small population, about 5 million I think

though they're still pretty decent, and jamaica doesn't really care for it that much right?

>Kind of irks me whenever I hear implications of them being poor during commentary on rugby and such as it reeks of racism.

What the fucking fuck you Auscucks? Making accurate observations is "racist" now? Using third world is "racist" now? You are actually offended by this shit you human piece of shit. Oh, and Fiji is not doing well as far as island nations go, because not many island nations have had so many recent coups and ethnic conflict taking place in the last decade. Woah, maybe the commentators should have talked about Richard Lynn research. Would you like that better?

It is this type of shit that makes less people care about being "racist"

>zimbabwe

>Bangladesh
>Good at cricket

Hehe

>he thinks women are people

Epic shitposting m8

WTF? I hate Canada now?

How can you support the insults they were saying about the strong people of Fiji? Come on its 2016, I thought we were past this.

Frankley I am disappointed in you. You are better than this.

Fiji Islands are not that shitty

Any nation can develop prowess in a single sport if they try it even being underdeveloped, see brazil and soccer

Kiwis have the most famous rugby team on the planet. Yet they can't medal in Olympic Rugby 7.

>America has the strongest Baseball teams in the world yet the suck at T20 cricket
This is what you sound like, 2 different sports mate.

Listing the West Indies and Jamaica is redundant as Jamaica is part of the West Indies
Nah mate a lot of the best cricketers come from Jamaica. Usain Bolt even wanted to play cricket before his coach talked him out of it (cunt). The West Indies for about 20 years or so were by far the best team in the world, but have declined to be a shadow of what they once were and are borderline Zimbabwe tier now except for Meme20 where like Fiji in Sevens they are utterly dominant, largely because their best players are playing in the lucrative T20 leagues for dosh because they are paid shit fucking all for playing Test cricket because their board is both broke and corrupt (A MotM the other week was like $750 or something). It is a truly depressing thing. They have shown some glimpses of recovery in the current series against India though which is good to see.

Their infrastructure is fucking shit though

Mate I'm saying it because it's objectively wrong, not because of muh feelings 2016 you passive aggressive, shit television producing moose fucker. Honestly fuck your country and everything that comes out of it.

Why do the west indies like cricket but not rugby
Why do the pacific islands like rugby but not cricket

I thought soccer was bigger in Jamaica now.

And yeah I knew about all the rest. small islands really good at a sport all I was saying. In this case slightly larger islands but they were the best at a major sport for a long time. similar with Jamaica and sprinting now

wew, we can't even win at baseball senpai

Hahahaha holy shit mate you are fucking retarded. Pick a better comparison.

by design lad

i lik griget

pwos

Sevens is literally just a condensed version of Union. The rules are practically identical barring the number of players and the amount of time it takes. Baseball and cricket are dramatically different sports and so makes it a poor point of comparison. I shouldn't have to explain this.

I lub it *fffrt*