ITT: your high school phase

ITT: your high school phase

I was that fucking emo kid that listened to this all of sophomore and junior year.

>babbys first hardcore

"wtf this is elevator music" kid

This isn't emo in the slightest.

Emo kids' music =/= the actual genre emo

I know this album isn't emo but I was a pretty emo kid.

Most people never grow out of this mentality

Shouldn't emo kids be kids listening to emo?

Yeah, I pretty much listened to buttrock bands freshman/sophomore years, such as Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Shinedown, etc. Last two years of high school was my "lewronggeneration" phase.

I used to get that a lot too. I always wanted to ask which elevators they were hearing this stuff in.

That's what you'd think. But the original emo kids aren't kids anymore (physically, at least), and the new emo kids listen to totally different music. And that's happened a few times now. The genre is frankly quite meaningless given how broad it is.

Some do
Most listen to either edgy 2000s music (Three Days Grace, Panic at the DIsco, My Chemical Romance, Slipknot, American Idiot era Green Day, etc.) or 2010s edgy music (Black Veil Brides, Falling in Reverse, Bring Me the Horizon, etc)

Are you me?

I had the lewronggeneration phase is middle school/freshman year. Still don't know why, but TDG took me out of that lol

>tfw most of what I listen to is considered elevator music by the average person

My goth phase. Thank God I was too self conscious to be fashionable.

I mean, it's s pretty common thing to listen to edgy music as a teen.

>LIKE WE NEVER KNEW EACH OTHER AT AA*crack*AALL

I still unironically listen to some of that stuff.

didn't listen to music but somehow still identified as an elitist

Freshman and Sophomore years, this was my shit, I cringe now when I think about it, I wore a 3dg hoodie around school and would wear it like everyday...
Junior year I started to branch out, but holy fuck was that an autistic time of my life

this is quite good tho

I'll admit I still play some of the songs from the first album sometimes, but yeah it's really cringe

I tried to listen to Animal I Have Become again, but within the first second I just closed the tab because all the cringe memories came rushing back from the first note.
Also I feel retarded for how obsessed I was with the music video for Break

good god

thx senpai. nowi fell better bout myself

dis album

i still listen to saosin, early stuff is dope

Translating The Name is still really nice

Thank god I grew out of most of this stuff by 8th grade.
I mostly listened to Modest Mouse and Jawbreaker in high school.

What's really cringe is how concerned you guys are with what's cringe.

DYE CAN MAKE IT ON MY OWN

Niki fm represent. sick song.

For real. I listened to a lot of different stuff in high school that I definitely wouldn't like now, but I wouldn't cringe at it.

If I was listening to something I didn't like because other people liked it, I guess I'd cringe at that.

Pop music, metal, death metal, then it kinda spread during the later part.

14 year old me fav - Sean Paul's The Trinity
15 year old me fav - Lady Gaga's The Fame
16 year old me fav - Metallica's Master Of Puppets
17 year old me fav - tie between Gorguts' Obscura and Beefheart's Trout Mask Replica
18 year old me fav - Swans' Soundtracks For The Blind/Morbid Angel's Altars Of Madness (I am 23 now but these two are still part of my top 10)

Pretty obvious when the "I picked up a guitar which encouraged me to find more music" thing happened in there.

These three are pretty good though.

Is it weird that I never really had that phase probably because I wasn't born in the USA? I found Beefheart through AllMusic's Gorguts review back then, thought that was a well known classic rock group, bring them up among friends talking The Who and Zepp, and they would go "wtf are you talking about?"

The 17-18 year olds that show up to local live stuff that are into this make me feel old as shit

>Black Veil Brides
>Green Day
>The F-ups
>Skillet
>Shinedown
My teen ages
Writing this makes me sick
Somehow I have always hated Disturbed, of which I am proud I have

I was very vocally active about my opinion of most modern pop and rap
Always disliked the "wrong generation" mindset, but was still very ignorant to the modern genres I deemed cancer

I do, however, still dislike alot of rap, but there exists niche artists I really like

This album was the soundtrack to my freshman year of high school. I listened to this every day.

>Somehow I have always hated Disturbed, of which I am proud I have
this
even through my teenage years when i listened to this stuff all the time, i knew that disturbed was terrible

i only listened to memerap because thats what everybody listened to and i thought i could be friends because of that. i dont think i ever actually enjoyed rap, and since avoiding it ive become more redpilled. Can confirm rap cucks you.

In Middle school I was basically listening to the shit my parents played on the car radio and video game music (kill me now). Somewhere around I high school I started getting into cringe rock (Green Day, Linkin park et cetera).
Somehow midway through high school I discovered pic related and started getting into Pixies, Bjork and more wide rock/blues/jazz type stuff.

i was a sadboy

Breaking Benjamin and Immortal Technique and shit
I watched a lot of AMVs

90's hiphop and DUDE WEED LMAO hiphop

This desu. I was (and still am) obsessed with Post-Rock

I was an insufferable classic rock prick with a cult like devotion to the Beatles and the Who. Even though I still respect those bands, I barely listen to them now.

This album was my freshman soundtrack. I personally can't stand Hayley Williams anymore, but it's a good album nonetheless

I was pretty obsessed with modest mouse in high school. Still one of my favorite bands but I think I listened to enough MM for a couple lifetimes back then. I also think I'm one of the only people who actually enjoyed their newest album.

I had a 2 year phase with Pixies. Really intense, I was convinced that they were the best band ever, and was the first band (and some of the few to date tbqh) which I actually listened to everything they released.

I still like all that pre-reunion stuff.