What do people who say "I listen to everything" actually listen to? Hint: It's not everything

What do people who say "I listen to everything" actually listen to? Hint: It's not everything

Other urls found in this thread:

misha-mishajashvili.bandcamp.com/album/2017
youtube.com/watch?v=BzO78hKSctQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This is a worthwhile thread to keep on the catalog.

Bump.

alternative rock

true i still mostly listen to pop and rock music but i've enjoyed music from all different eras and continents and if I'm talking to someone I'm not listening to anything

As in: everything that has high ratings crticially

I used to say that, since I do listen a bunch of stuff and it's easier that way. But when people started asking me about country artists I realized I was a liar and that it was the normie equivalent of "What's your favorite harsh noise album?"

"everything but rap and country"

Top 40 radio. A bit of country radio and a bit of urban radio and maybe a little rock music. Then add in whatever they have heard from movies that they loved.

Real talk: they probably listen to what they perceive as a diversity of genres and they don't have an entrypoint into conversing about the kind of music you listen to.

I only say this because I'm too lazy to list out the genres I actually listen to
I could answer "I listen to alt-rock, hip-hop, regular rock, indie rock, lo-fi, shoegaze, jazz, delta blues, avant-rock, progressive dreamfunk" and whatever buzzwords you all seem so keen on throwing around

I listen to rock, jazz, neoclassical darkwave, harsh noise wall, and pop

I always just say that I listen to experimental music to respond to that. If they don't know what I mean, it isn't worth having a serious discussion about music with them

I don't have anything against people who say this, I think what they really mean is they're not too picky about whatever musics being played at the moment, and they don't really have much against certain genres that a lot of people have something against, like pop, rap and country

Frank Sinatra
Killswitch Engage

the list goes on...

It's almost like Sup Forums is autistic or severely socially retarded.

This

pic related

When I say i lsiten to everything, I usually mean i'm down to hear and appreciate music of all genres ecept bluegrass and most country.

I can say however that there is at least one song of every genre that I like(except bluegrass and folk related music)

My current top recommendation: misha-mishajashvili.bandcamp.com/album/2017

Besides that; rock/punk/metal, electronic music (Aphex Twin, Moderat, Igorrr, ...), hip hop, a little jazz. I generally don't like pop and country, with very few exceptions.

This.
They mean "I'll give anything a try" and not "I already listen all kinds of music ever imagined".

youtube.com/watch?v=BzO78hKSctQ

bad taste

I guess if i were playing some video game that was set in a rural area something like that, this would be good...but i'm not. And I don't like the sound of a banjo.

I'm really into all music, Merzbow, Boredoms, Gerogerigegege, Coil, Throbbing Gristle, Whitehouse, Nurse with Wound, Einstürzende Neubauten, Brainbombs, Egor Letov, Death in June, Current 93, La Monte Young, Moondog, Lou Harrison, Henry Cowell, Luigi Russolo, Popol Vuh, Fishmans, Jean Jacques Perrey, Les Rallizes Dénudés, Rainbow Caroliner, Taj Mahal Travellers, Fushitsusha, Peter Brötzmann, John Cage, Scott Walker, Unwound, Dead, Frank Zappa, Morton Feldman, Captain Beefheart, Pharoah Sanders, Albert Ayler, Ornette Coleman, Alice Coltrane, Arnold Schoenberg, Pierre Boulez, György Ligeti, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Thinking Fellers Union Local 282. Raymond Scott, Delia Derbyshire, Daphne Oram, Terry Riley, Peter Sotos, Boyd Rice, Henry Flynt, Kazumoto Endo, David Tudor, Half Japanese,Secret Chiefs 3, Keiji Haino, Ramleh, Otomo Yoshihide, John Zorn, Joe Meek, Faxed Head, Harry Partch, Wesley Willis, Fred Frith, The Residents, Sun Ra, Sun City Girls, Hans Krusi, Royal Trux, Jandek, Loren Mazzacane Connors, The Dead C, Comus, Cromagnon, Eliane Radigue, The Red Krayola, Opus Avantra, Pan.Thy.Monium., Murmuüre, Gong, cLOUDDEAD, Muslimgauze, the list goes on...

Why are you asking if you already know the answer? Does this give you a nice ego boost? If so, kys.

>Not liking folk related music

>Unwound
triggered

replikants is more poseurcore anyway

usually pop music and top 40 in general. personally i think there are some great songs in any genre, but I wouldn't go so far as to say i listen to everything when there are only one or two rap songs for example that I've ever enjoyed, and I mostly listen to EDMeme shit

everything but country

t. me

>all of these little fucking 12 year olds saying they don't like country

Any kind of music relating to black "culture" can go straight into the trash where it belongs

only children force themselves to like anything. I listen to things that sound good to me

twenty one pilots

this desu

>I listen to a bunch of different stuff, but mostly metal and idm
wow that was really hard

Modern commercial country music hasn't done a whole lot to convince anyone under the age of 30 that isn't pure white trash it's good.

In my experience it means theyre into 21P and trash indie music.

true

Usually they mean they'll try anything, or they listen to a lot of different genres, or anything that (they think) isn't shit

James Issac Neutron!!!

Music that they can't tell anybody about because they don't know it