Just bought this album

just bought this album.
what am i in for?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vneIVy2BIIw
youtu.be/cjCa8i5JDF4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A great record, full of catchy hooks, if you can get past the production. Their second album is better, though.

Judy Is A Punk is the best song on the record.

Tell us what you think when you're done. I'd like to know what you think of the album as a whole, as well as your favorite and least favorite tracks.

Road to Ruin is their best album

Not at all.

Leave Home or pic related.

Road To Ruin is still good, though.

Mumford and Sons from the 70s and 80s. Very boring and repetitive.

The Ramones were the first pop-punk band and significantly worse than most every pop-punk band that followed. Shit songwriting, shit musicianship, shit band, wannabe punk kids show their true colors when they wave the Ramones flag.

>boring
Absolutely repetitive, but the Ramones are anything but boring. Rocket To Russia is one of the most fun albums ever recorded.

Why do you guys hate fun?

Lol no its not. Playing the same song over and over again isnt fun. Its dull

I like fun. "Bad" and "fun" aren't synonymous.

Implying this isn't fun:
youtu.be/vneIVy2BIIw

You literally could've only picked one other Ramones song that would've helped your case even less.

>only one
I can name so many boring/depressing Ramones songs that are less fun than Sheena.
>I Remember You
>Boyfriend
>Here Today, Gone Tomorrow
>What's Your Game
The list goes on.

Also, is this fun enough for you?
youtu.be/cjCa8i5JDF4

I'm not talking about less fun songs. I'm talking about how what you're claiming to be "fun" is actually just bad. Sheena is a bad song. The one other song I was referring to was Blitzkrieg Bop, which genuinely disgraces the medium.

Fun.

You're under 20, aren't you? You've clearly been jaded by more modern punk and hardcore music. The Ramones were groundbreaking at the time, and even today, they're still a lot of fun to listen to. The simple song structures, raw production, and silly lyrics are part of the appeal.

Like it or not, Blitzkrieg Bop is a punk anthem.

>being this contrarian

>"my brain is hanging upside down" is a bad song

The Ramones are the antithesis of punk and you all have shit taste. If you really wanted something "fun" you could be listening to The Dead Milkmen who at least possessed a smidgen of creativity in their bodies, unlike these chap wearing mopheads who did not present a single creative musical or lyrical idea in their 20 years. As significant of a group as they were at the time, their success should be pinned to nothing more than the masterful marketing of their image. Like The Sex Pistols, but at least The Sex Pistols didn't totally devote themselves to making music for people in studded leather diapers.

The Sex Pistols fucking suck, mate.

Yeah, they do. So do The Ramones.

>Ramones are the antithesis of punk
Jesus Christ, how contrarian can you be?

If you've never heard it then your in for the best 30 minutes of rock and roll you ever heard your entire life. After that get Leave Home (Preferably the original w/Carbona Not Glue if you can find it) Rocket to Russia Road to Ruin and It's Alive (But if you live in the U.S. it's only available as an import but if you liked the first three albums It's Alive is ESSENTIAL since you'll NEVER see The Ramones in concert!)

Maybe your parents saw The Ramones in their prime when they were your age. You should ask them.

Anyway have fun and enjoy!

As somebody once said The Ramones are the band for people who fell in love with Rock & Roll for all the RIGHT reasons!