Can someone explain what the fuck I am watching?

Can someone explain what the fuck I am watching?

youtube.com/watch?v=lNpfLyzXRdE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N1bXEHWPCwE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

English version of Nascar. kek that shit is so fucking ridiculous. Only poor and stupid people watch track cycling.

Doping at its finest

They have to complete the distance as fast as possible. The reason they keep changing whoever is riding at the front is so that they can keep changing who has to do the most work. The riders following the leader are in the slipstream, meaning they're not expending as much energy.

Only 3 of the riders have to go over the line in the end, which is why one drops away near the end.

>English version of Nascar

In what way does NASCAR have any similarities whatsoever with track cycling?
Literally none.

Team GB Set New Team Pursuit World Record - London 2012 Olympics

Glad you found your way here after shitting on track cycling in the other thread and someone linked you here. Shitstain.

Road cycling GOAT though.

Why don't they just finish with all four? Just so one person has to do less work?

Thanks.

kek

You can finish with all four, but usually what will happen is that the fastest rider in the team will do a particularly fast lap, help their team up the pace hugely and then fall away at a scheduled time since he'd be spent after that effort. Sometimes the shittier teams will just have one of their riders fall away if he can't keep up with the pace.

Which is less of a sport: 200 m breaststroke or this?

swimming, always

>poor
One of these bikes probably costs more than your entire country's GDP

If you think that's weird this will really confuse you:

youtube.com/watch?v=N1bXEHWPCwE

>English version to turn left

Its called sterioids my niger

K E K
E
K

why did they start so slow

also why in the OP do they not start right at the buzzer. and who are the guys behind them

Why don't rules require all four to finish? Just so they can have one person use all his energy and then puss out?

Basically. It's tactical.

You absolutely have to finish with three though, the dutch had one of their riders crash yesterday after they'd already dropped one rider, so they got a DNF despite crossing the line with two.

If one immediately sprints off the line, the other rider will move into his slipstream and easily overtake him. Individual sprint is a game of cat and mouse, you try and catch your opponent off guard with a sudden sprint or you force your opponent to sprint first in a position where you can overtake him later.

That's why the rider in front kept making those big sweeping movements, he's trying to force the rider behind him further up the track so it's harder to follow his sprint.

It's honestly really great to watch live, one of my favourite olympic events.

interesting. i really liked watching road race and time trials, especially with all the /cyc/ vroome memery, will have to watch this as well.

Gotta go fast - the sport

In the video in OP the audio is out of sync.

Given it is the Olympic channel it is kinda ridiculous.