8/20 - UFC 202: Diaz vs Mcgregor II
8/27 - UFC on Fox 21: Maia vs Condit
9/3 - UFC FN 93: Arlovski vs Barnett
9/10 - UFC 203: Miocic vs Overeem
9/17 - UFC FN 94: Poirier vs Johnson

Thread theme song: youtu.be/YMvVIPyDoZE

MMADigest update: youtu.be/N3TiBeCHW8g

>Alexa Grasso signs with the UFC
bloodyelbow.com/2016/8/11/12446652/ufc-signs-alexa-grasso-for-november-5th-debut-vs-heather-jo-clark-mma-news

>Rizin openweight GP contestants announced
mobile.twitter.com/nobu_sakakibara/status/763919224565673988

>Legal free fight(s)
Mcgregor vs Diaz: youtu.be/p3VN21wOq2A
Diaz vs Johnson: youtu.be/VAMvzxqskek
Mcgregor vs Mendes: youtu.be/TWdef03nI8s

Bellator fight library: bellator.spike.com/videos

>Just Fight Fan™ things
Firas Zahabi on Mcgregor vs Diaz II: youtu.be/zlnVFOo4F2A
Robin Black & Dan Hardy on Mcgregor vs Diaz II: youtu.be/yOcmSFaYsY0
Robin Black on McGregor: youtu.be/HFyHiX-yR18
Robin Black in Diaz: youtu.be/SbSi_HrXmFM
GSP watching Diaz vs Mcgregor I: youtu.be/L9LvhoNhqoA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/b0zfiEBsVGc
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1470997244431.webm
bleacherreport.com/articles/2652797-why-is-the-ufc-worth-4-billion
instagram.com/p/BIxv-gQAtmq/?taken-by=joerogan
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Schaub=Cancer

fuck janny edition

/jef/

why did that thread get heemed

Reminder that

Penngington
Cerrone
Casey
Garbrandt

is literally free money.

Will mma ever be an Olympic sport?

I hope not

No, and it shouldn't. Submission grappling should be added to the olympics under EBI rules though.

There would be too many variables in Olympic MMA. You should be the best at doing "thing" in the world to medal, not just "guy who thought of new way of doing ""thing"""

>look at pic
>check flag
hope someone heems you

Y?

I only recognize original olympics, which were played in the nude

Really makes you think.

>the OP matters

Random Heem.

Is there anything on this weekend?

UFC 202 hype show on FS1 on Sunday

youtu.be/b0zfiEBsVGc

BABY NOW WE GOT BAAAD BLOOD

>The uploader has not made this video available in your country.

Fickin UFC! No matter how you cook it, we got beef!

Isn't Bad Blood already the name of a mandrama event?

I only know from the PS2 games, pls no bully

What's the best MMA video game that can be played on PC?

>simulating what you could actually do
Go join a gym ya bum

World of Mixed Martial Arts 3 is available on steam, or 4 on the developer's website.

(It's like Football Manager)

what are joe rogan's best calls?
or any announcer for that matter
iconic or just good shit
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1470997244431.webm

He should have been tapping like a madman tbqh. This fight and Silva are why I'm never throwing a leg kick.

HERE WE GO

>pneuomonia

I'm betting it was suicide. Poor guy.

Mohawk Helson > Every other Nelson

I train too, you bum. Can't really get into fights everyday after work to relax though
Sounds shit, do you get to see the fights or is it just playing about in Excel the whole game?

Text, no real visuals. I honestly skip most of the fights unless the end result is a bizarre upset.

How do I get BIG like this freakish monster here? Seriously, why is his head so huge?

I really really really really like this picture.

If the union thing is for real I am excited. If the fighters can get a fair deal with management with health care and better share of profits it is going to draw more athletes to the sport and thats probably even in the UFC's best interests.

UFC fighters are too fucking stupid to unionize m8

they've set up an association without any actual fighters so far

kangaroo meat

dana on the whiskey here

i could give two shits about the union making life for fighters better

i'm hoping the union becomes powerful enough so that they negotiate their ability to fight in different promotions

who doesn't want to see UFC heavyweights in the rizin openweight competition

That tattoo is a fucking shoop.

>Bispong will have the most UFC wins after he heems Hendo

draw, maybe, but alot of the drawn are not desirable for the ufc in mindset.

also, the main issue isn't ufc pay, it's pay before ufc. ufc would pay more if they had someone to stand over. MMA need more money, low level MMA needs so me of the tax breaks and charity other major sports get to increase the likelihood of a fighter supporting themselves in the feeders, so the ufc has to be big money.

ufc isn't that profitable, they make more value in their assets/brand, then profit every year

me laddos

anyone have a fight calendar for August? Calendarbro, do you still exist?

>ufc isn't that profitable

they literally just main evented a card with holly holm and shevchenko in Chicago....

pretty sure that signals "hey goofs, we got money to burn"

Does anyone know the where to stream the ONE Championship event happening tomorrow? One of my coach is fighting.

The Mac Life already has 100,000 subscribers within a month

who cares

There aren't any m8

Grab a ps3 off ebay for a few quid and get UFC Undisputed 3. That's the best on all the games, plus it has PRIDE

EA MMA is okay but its also not okay

wasn't there first choice was it. says nothing of their profits made or earned, gate and ratings are very important for the ufc, as the costs of weigh-ins, usada, hotels and flights are pretty standard.

it's fighters that change in value, and changing that determines how much money you need to make and how much you need to invest in advertising and media to make it back.

ufc spends more on promo, set-up, venue rental or usada then they pay a fighter to lose their first fight. ufc had less then 500 fights last year, but spent 450 mill on expenses

find out it's home country, find the network in said country, search the network and hope to find a stream.

OneFC site is shit at telling you what networks play their fights

Sir, I'm not going to be lectured about the finances of a 4 billion dollar company by someone who questions that company's ability to make money after a 4 billion dollar sale and valuation of the company

I cares. I want Conor to win this rematch

and where are you getting all this knowledge from?

youre gonna be disapointed buddeh, believe you me

some reporter did it, i think for bloody elbow

and yes, mma isn't super profitable, not by a long shot. it's got a lot of overhead, more and more as it gets huge.

UFC cold give the fighters the union, but then the union has to pay medical, USADA etc.

From a business perspective, having Diaz vs McGregor II before Aldo vs McGregor II seems like a bad idea
If McGregor wins against Diaz then it doesn't add much to the Aldo fight because we've already seen McGregor beat Aldo, but If he loses (which he probably will) then it takes a lot away
But if he defeated Aldo again (which he probably would) then It would add to the Diaz fight

Stop calling it a union when its an association.

And if he loses to aldo and beats diaz?

EA MMA had some really neat parts to it that the EA UFC games never built on :(

Thats the most unlikely outcome. It means less buys for the Diaz fight. The point is that he has a better chance to beat Aldo so have that go first to make him look good for Diaz

>Goober
>Losing to another manlet

>some reporter did it

You're talking about this one, I'm assuming? Only skip-read your and the other posts

bleacherreport.com/articles/2652797-why-is-the-ufc-worth-4-billion

>buddeh, believe you me

heh. This will always be funny.

see

>bleacherreport.com/articles/2652797-why-is-the-ufc-worth-4-billion
>On the most basic level, it's because the UFC is already a tremendously profitable company.

It's $10 m8

WHY DOESN'T STRUVE JUST USE HIS FUCKING RANGE

OH MY FUCKING GOD

nope, the one on their 2015 which covered revenue and expenses

bleacherreport isn't that good for mma

youre on steroids

struve is somewhat tough, huge as shit, had great bjj, and one in 5 fighters is a coordinated monster

good enough to mess up champs of most feeder orgs on the planet

offers no sources just says

>they aren't profitable

Jones vs shogun UFC unleashed on heemstream

Roided af jones

got a link?

Filthycasuals
.tv

thanks man.

>some reporter did it, i think for bloody elbow

So yeah, I'm sure it's just fucking a great piece of work that your neckbeard brethren with 0 background in finance wrote up. Just negate the fact the UFC headlined an even in Chicago with Holly ">JUST" Holms and that unmarketable one who can't speak english and has the personality of a cast iron skillet.

>but then the union has to pay medical, USADA etc.
What? Does the NFLPA pay medical and testing? NO! so stop getting your news source from some fucking retard and use your own brain and stop making other leafs look like french retards.

Why is Spain always the worst poster?

>So yeah, I'm sure it's just fucking a great piece of work that your neckbeard brethren with 0 background in finance wrote up.

just read the thing, it's well written and sourced where it needs to be.

spain has like 2 posts in this thread what are you on m8

worst posters are canada but only because Adan posts under that flag

>worst posters are canada but only because Adan posts under that flag

Ireland is pretty bad, too.

Norway is far worse

They're trying to be get certified by the NLRB and they're comparing themselves to baseball, football. It's a union in all but name.

>Somebody just paid $4 billion for a property that isn't profitable

It's not like an entire team of Wall Street finance geeks evaluated them before the purchase or anything. Should've rang up one of those basement dwelling Bloody Elbow bloggers.

Because he'd tear his ACL with all the footwork needed to stay on the outside like that.

Then that makes them cleverer than i thought they were

tfw its only 8 days left

>tfw no more hue posters

Guys... Did we take the bantz too far? I kind of miss them desu.

feels bad losing almost all your champs
usada took them from us

well I think it was confirmed one of the spain posters was someone shitposting on vacation

>the boxing of Joe Rogan

instagram.com/p/BIxv-gQAtmq/?taken-by=joerogan

they will return for aldos rematch

Why would I read an article about the finances of a 4 billion dollar sports league written by an MMA "journalist"?

Because it's "well written" and "sourced where it needs to be"?

Please...I'm not wasting my time reading that shit written by a literal who.

Also >nope

>It's not like an entire team of Wall Street finance geeks evaluated them before the purchase or anything.
^^ this

I miss em too

nah bro they were delusional

defending their fighters solely because they share the same nationality

>Why would I read an article about the finances of a 4 billion dollar sports league written by an MMA "journalist"?

I'm not a finance guy, so why would I get into something to specific? The article provides a nice overview and some interesting insights, no need to hate on it because it's not written by a finance professor or whatnot.

They added nothing the ones who were posting here weren't in gyms obviously because they could afford internet.

Like others have said they only posted because of nationality they offered no insight into fighting

Yeah I agree, but it also had some awful parts to it that were done much better in the THQ games. The newer EA UFC 2 is (mostly) the best of both worlds though, but I didnt suggest that because didnt expect the dude to go buy a ps4 or something just for it

how sexually dominated do you feel when getting choked

Never been choked bud.

>believe you me

So many people say this in England, it irks me tobehonest lad

get in my guard

british vernacular is an abomination

Come on m8 its not like Australian lingo isn't just as goofy
I... p-prefer aussie though ;_;

australians have the ugliest accent in the world