On July 24, 2013, it was reported that Leonardo DiCaprio had turned down a role in Star Wars: Episode VII

>On July 24, 2013, it was reported that Leonardo DiCaprio had turned down a role in Star Wars: Episode VII

What role was he going to play?

Poe Dameron?

General Hux?

Maz Kanata

Leo might be a meme actor, but I respect his integrity

At least he's trying to not do schlock projects these days

Pelts kanata

I heard he was originally considered for Anakin in Episode II (which would have worked, he looks a lot like the kid and is a significantly better actor than the other guy) but I hadn't heard anything about the new movies.

Maybe Finn? I don't think they actually wrote him with any particular race in mind.

>but I respect his integrity

Those no integrity is churning out artless self indulgent studio pandering Oscar bait.

Sure Matt Damon

he was cast with a particular race in mind though.

This is true.
His agent pressured him to turn down the role.
Smart agent

He also turned down the role of Patrick from American Psycho

Still better than hopping on the cancerous capeshit, cinematic universe train and guaranteeing yourself $30 million every couple of years to stand in front of a greenscreen and make jokes or grimace.

>Those no integrity is churning out artless
Those integrity is that those at least he not do capeshit, those flicks he done at least had more art in one second of those than any capeshit had in its entirety

Since when was Storm Trooper a race?

You can LE PATRICIAN meme all you want, Star Wars 7 was a better movie than

>The Great Gatsby
>J. Edgar
>Inception
>Blood Diamond

and he doesn't have some special level of dignity or integrity for starring in that shit instead of Star Wars

(you)

Hot argument!

better than yours desu

I would say not accepting a role twice in a rehashing of a beloved franchise takes a level of integrity. Not every film he's been in have been amazing, but his acting is pretty much never the issue.

>Not every film he's been in have been amazing, but his acting is pretty much never the issue.

I'm willing to admit this is subjective and a difference in opinions but to me his acting is often the main issue. Otherwise solid movies like The Departed and the Aviator were really brought down by his shitty one note """intense""" acting.

>inception
>blood diamond
Good lord how much of a star wars dicksucker are you?

guaranteed repliessssss

Why do men like Leo again? Is it because of Django? He's always been a shit fag actor. He's not even hot anymore so he's just fucked.

maybe but what i think is:
1. chooses movies wisely, so your money will not be wasted.
2. he is living the life.