Ask a mechanic anything

Ask a mechanic anything.

Ur computer looks weird

Dubs checked.
It's what the insides look like newfag. Haven't you ever taken a computer apart?

04 ford 350 king ranch. Why does tow/haul come on randomly with/out hitting the button?

Is it flashing or solid

Also, hard shifts from 3 to 4? Any codes thrown? They had issues with the gears in the tranny that year

Solid

My 91 honda civic has an intermittent starting problem. Sometimes fuel pump primes sometimes it's takes like 5 minutes. Also sometimes doesn't prime when the car is hot. Also car smokes when in high rpm are my rings or valve seals going out?

Yeah shifts a little abruptly, never had it checked for codes?

Why'd you make poor life choices?

Why does my ford transit connect throw a p0741 code. I changed fluid and all solenoids. I think it's an electrical problem, not tc

your truck has aids

Take to Ford dealer. Have them update software. Should have trans code. Common issue on that year. I have an 05. Hard one to diag without having truck in front of me

I make 6 figures as a master tech. Eat shit brokefag

Any good ideas on how to make a substitute for a rear main bearing seal that is made out of rope? (factory)

Looks like a ford 3 valve

Right on, thanks bro

Works perfect when cold, as soon as it makes torque lock up things go borked

What's your first childhood memory, and how do you think that has shaped who you are today?

My '88 Trooper was sitting for a while. Started her up, but when I hit the turn signal it cut off. No sign of electricity even when getting jumped. Any ideas? I checked fuses, but they seem fine.

have you been to /o/ ?

Why not pick a better trade? And monthly salary...?

Agreed, I've made 6 figures as a Master since I was 26. But still, piece of shit Mekanik right?

First check for bad connections or corrosion at the battery. Then check relays and connections at grounds and at the pump. Old cars will smoke. Get some marvel mystery oil. Car isn't worth enough to worry about internals

Should I buy a Bmw 525I e34?
Did you ever repair one?

What was the oldest thing you have ever worked on?

Defective Torque Converter Lockup Solenoid
Defective Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor
Defective Torque Converter Clutch
Defective Valve Body
Dirty transmission fluid that restricts the hydraulic passages
Take to a tyranny shop

Am mechanic 2. Your right, it's impossible to diagnose a problem remotely. Why toast this bread if all you're going to do is refer them to the dealer. People are stupid, but I think they can figure that much out.

Why? Did that for three years and fucking hated it. Interesting job, but just constantly dealing with fucktards who can't tune radios.

Well, that was my experience at a dealership anyway.

Is that a VW motor?? lol

You are correct. Shittiest motor Ford ever made

how can into i-4 into straight 8 (carbs + dizzy not none of this knock sensor bullshit)

My father beating my mother's ass. Made me a better father.

R56 MINI Cooper. Going slow it feels like front left side goes up then right side goes down ( only noticeable going slow) also shit ton of vibration at almost any speed. I've balanced and rotated the wheels
had the car checked on ball joints and shit even had new control arms also
running out of fuckinh ideas pls help

I have 05 dodge neon burning oil, bad seal on the values maybe, idk? Any bigger rigging tricks to get me two weeks till I get a new ride?

what? im not even op and im like whut

>everyone on Sup Forums makes 6 figures

>everyone on Sup Forums has an 8 inch dick

Is it possible to make an engine work only with magnets?

Certs? Will you plz kys?

Nice Google...
Tourqe converter clutch is stuck off / in-op. Either going to bad bad torque converter, Tcc solenoid, or Tcc apply pressure is bleeding off somewhere. Take to trans tech

Leaky fuel pressure regulator maybe.

Education was paid for by company. 2000+ weekly

2nd shittiest, spent today working on a 6L Powerjoke

Most likely has a short. Electrical I'd hard to diagnose without car. Check main fuse. 80 or 100 amp under hood fuse box

What do I need to check when buying an used car between 50-75k miles? What do you recommend? I am looking at a Mazda3 2011 55k miles for 6900. What do I check on it to make sure it's good?

What vehicle

54 chevy. Put on horrible brake lights from Wal-Mart

Separated tire

I keep getting a service brakes and service 4x4 light. I replaced all my sensors, new brakes all around, new CV and tone rings, new ball joints, new tie rods. The entire fucking steering except the rack. What the fuck to I do next. Giving lights and display warning but no codes.

Awesome. I figure it's something like that. Cheers.

Other than having it checked out by a tech the best indicator anyone can see is the kind of tires on it. 4 Mismatched junky tires? Broke ass owner never fixed shit. 4 matching Michelins? Owner took care of it

Weeks? Heavier weight oil.

Kek

>tfw im a mechanical engineer and i wish i made modest mechanic pay.

Yuck, but a nice classic

Vehicle?

A1-8 working on my Ls next...no

Completely serious question here: Is the cake a lie?

Also, do you think your company would get tired of you and sent you ass off the streets?

I only have a 6.5" penis and i only make 50k but i live comfortably.

05 escape hybrid.

Pull the vacuum line off of your fuel pressure regulator and take a sniff at it. If it smells like gasoline the regulator may be leaking. If your exhaust smoke is blue(ish) that would indicate oil consumption. If the smoke is black(ish) I would suspect rich fuel mixture. A leaking fuel pressure regulator will cause this symptom.

Who scanned it? Just a code reader from Autozone of something? It pretty rare to have fault lights with no codes set. Make sure the scan tool is able to read codes set in other modules, not just the PCM. You will want to get EBCM or TCCM scanned

Cake is not a lie. Now don't get me wrong. I put in 7 years to make that scale and self studied for 5 of them to earn promotions. No asswipe walks on making that. I'm the number 4 tech in a billion dollar company and I still study and take classes.

And no. They spent too much money training me

Pre-assembly pic for tech bread! Have to rest if anyone wants to see em!

Other op speak the truth. If the light is on without codes you have pcm issue. Most likely you need a better scanner

Yea autozone, I also have a scangauge II installed. The abs light is intermittent, mostly it's a dash readout. On occasion I will lose all power due it being a hybrid, engine disengages when there is a serious issue like overheating or traction control cutting out.

Also, the 4x4 will either go full on, or full off when "service brakes" warning is on display. No reason for either.

Moar. Dick just got hard

That's so beautifully organized.

Hybrids are a bitch.

3rd shittiest. The 6.4 is worse than the 6.0

So $150 dealership readout needed, possible reflash the pcm? Will battery force clear?

This happened last time I did brakes too, figured it was tone ring. Went away after 10x restart.

Your a Mech E and don't make much?
How did that happen?

Trips checked but those trips won't make my 6in dick bigger

Thanks I'll check it out

Honestly, never have had a problem with the battery, charging, or anything else. Got it for 60% of KBB because it was overheating and highway stalling, just needed a new water pump. Just hit 200k so shit is starting to fail I guess.

But wouldn't it be more of an electrical problem if the fuel pump it's self doesn't prime sometines?

Nah take to chain shop like Pepboys. They tend to have decent scanners and will read out codes for free

Step 1: buy bluetooth obd2 reader
Step 2: download torque app
Step 3: read a book nigger

Put these mecha fuckers and their fancy tools out of business

Know anything about LPG conversion systems, specifically for a ford falcon maybe?

Why are LSx engines so based?

Depends where you live. I'm Civil Engineer and made $18/hr in Boston and I make 52/hr in Hartford. Not every engineer makes bank, degrees mean shit. Experience talks and the only way to get good experience is a lucky break.

This plan will surely work
$90 per hour to work on your shit
$110 if you tried and fucked it up and I have to fix that basket case shitbox

Had very similar issue with my civic. Ended up being loose battery connection. Check easy shit first like connections and vacuum.

2002 Pontiac Firebird 3800 Series II engine here. Any suggestions to make my car sound better? Have Pacesetter Headers and a Magnaflow Cat. Obviously i need a catback, but i feel like thats not enough.

Its your fuel pump relay. Its under the dash. Take it out and check the solder connections on the circuit card. You'll have to reflow the solder contacts and that should fix it. I had the same problem with my 94 accord

Thanks, mate, I'll check that

Tough as shit internals. They are tough as fuck to blow up. Buddy threw a bullshit ebay turbo on one with 200k and it rocked solid for 3 years

LS1 swap/T56 swap.

and for fucks sake get rid of the 10 bolt rear.

I love cars but I hate math. how much math do you incorporate into your work?

> sell Pontiac
> buy chevy

Do you consider studying mechanical engineering ? what are your certifications?

kek

Little to none. Learn electrical theory.

Simple math, fractions. Mostly just measurements

Not that guy, but I do basically that and do just fine. 97 Chevy. 3.4. Go on, ask me how that shit's still firing with that engine :)

Everything you can do, google and an afternoon can also do. This applies to all professions.

wait...wait...how in the actual fuck did your buddy get an ebay turbo to survive 3 years? i've seen that on3 trash blow up after 3 dyno pulls

>MFW pontiac and chevy are GM
go fuck yourself

I have my minimum requirements for ase master tech. That's a1 through a8. I am studying for my advanced certs now. I love what I do too much to change careers.