This is the only Red Hot Chili Peppers album that is still worth listening to

This is the only Red Hot Chili Peppers album that is still worth listening to.

Fucking dare to argue this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hwKen34wdYE
youtube.com/watch?v=OJGbJD3z4P4
youtube.com/watch?v=33tYYKHAw-4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Then why did they disown that album and never play any of its songs live after 1997 except Pea?

because they are a shit band and couldn't recognize this was the one time they made something good, and also were butthurt that Dave Navarro played guitar on it, and not Frusciante.

If you had said: "this album is underrated and actually pretty high up in their catalog" I would've agreed with you. But the only album worth listening to? neck yourself

Probably because it reminds them of drug addiction and gay sex with Dave Navarro,

I actually like it very much. I thought it was weird that everyone looks back and says, "Dave Navarro wasn't a good fit" I think he was great

I grew up listening to RHCP and don't think they started to suck til Californication

Everyone can at least agree that Under the Bridge is legitimately a good song though, right?

Gorgeous guitar work ruined by Anthony's 8th grader poetry.

Even Dave himself has said he never really "fit" with the band.

>Gorgeous guitar work ruined by Anthony's 8th grader poetry.
Pretty much 90% of the RHCP catalog. They're all such good musicians but Anthony is so fucking bad.

Def underrated

I love frusciante but ive read that them not playing those songs had more with him not wanting to play them. Kinda being a little bitch about it DESU. Theres some pretty good guitar parts in there; Josh Klinghoffer seems to want to play them.

Anyone here like Dot Hacker btw? looking forward to that album

John says he's never listened to OHM and doesn't want to. "It would be like watching someone else fuck your ex."

Argue it? Okay uh. No it's not
>/thread?

Navarro plays a killer BSSM live.. love this version

youtu.be/hwKen34wdYE

I like most of RHCP in general from Stadium Arcadium all the way to Dark Necessities with varying intensities of liking it, fight me faggot.

Flea's best work as a bassist is on this album.

Why would they ever involve Navarro.
Why would you hire a magician to play geetar

None of them are worth listening to

I guess John felt like if he played any of the songs it'd be like being cucked

RHCP hadn't been a mainstream band for all that long in 1995, the change from the frat boy party music on BSSM was pretty jarring to most of their fans, also the Anthony/Dave kiss in the Warped music video offended a lot of white trash rock fans.

Purple Stain is an underrated song imo.

best rhcp album undisputed

>not Freakey Styley

I can't argue it. Dave Navarro replacing John "hurr durr I can't handle da dwugs" Frusciante was the best decision the Red Hot Chilli Peppers ever made, and you're absolutely spot on.

Last RHCP album with any edge to it. Californication is when they went all soft and comfortable for easy money and never returned.

this

OHM was good for what it was.
But BSSM and Mother's Milk still hold up very well

/thread/

youtube.com/watch?v=OJGbJD3z4P4

Actually, they've been playing Aeroplane once in a while in their current tour.

>dry as bones rick rubin production

no thanks

Oh you mean an honest production?

youtube.com/watch?v=33tYYKHAw-4
>this john is dead
>new john sucks ass

No I mean a soulless production devoid of joy and sensuality.

>le bad production meme
i bet you really know how to enjoy music
btw the production isn't that bad anyway and the music is great

Rick Rubin doesn't know how to produce rock albums. Every single one he produced sounds like shit. At least the album isn't as ridiculously brickwalled as Californication. It still sounds flat, lifeless and robotic. That's not exactly ideal for an album with a lot of funk elements.

Anyone else think Meh ?

Otherside, Velvet Glove and Get on Top are legitimately Good songs though.

Forgot pic as always :(

How do you measure soul?

If it sounds to me like it was recorded in a barren, claustrophobic and clinical studio then it's soulless and that's exactly how BSSM sounds like. The making of the album is so interesting but the end product just sounds anonymous, like any experienced studio musicians could have made that album. Rubin is known for his minimalism when it comes to producing and that absolutely doesn't work with funk.

>If it sounds to me
Not what I'm asking.

How do you measure soul?

'Also it was recorded in a house you fucking mongoloid.

>How do you measure soul?

You don't but if it sounds flat and clinical than it's by definition soulless. I'm not the first person to say BSSM sounds like that, not even close.

>Also it was recorded in a house you fucking mongoloid.

Yeah, an interesting, kind of DIY environment where they just lived and recorded at in the same place. Does it sound like that on the album? Absolutely not, it sounds like it was recorded in some expensive super-studio.

>You don't
Then it's not relevant. Think of another criticism that isn't bullshit
>Does it sound like that on the album?
Yep. it's sounds fine.

best cover art that's for sure