Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yjb0j9l1sz4
youtube.com/watch?v=2WlGwrdT0Tk
youtube.com/watch?v=bbQm-nSjuHI
youtube.com/watch?v=r0hTE_oFOoQ
morbidcurse.com/article6.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>People on this board unironically listen to Grimes and Kpop

do you unironically listen to death grips?

Let me guess... you're white.

>current year
>people still think slayer are good

Simple shit, you gotta listen to this before you can be considered a man

Yeah i'd rather go with razor over slayer.

EVIL
HAHA

That's not Unsilent Death.

They are actually
youtube.com/watch?v=yjb0j9l1sz4

>Simple shit, you gotta listen to this before you can be considered a man

Show No Mercy is a sick cunt album. Better than Kill em All, that's for sure.

>metal

Everyone listens to that when they're kid. Classical is kids music because it's always pushed on kids. Some people even play classical to their babies because they think it'll make them smarter. I shit you not. You grow out of it at like, age 15. That's when you try and start to find yourself.

Not really though. Plus Ride The Lightning is better than gayers entire discography.

I knew a guy like you in highschool. He turned out to be gay.

>inserting correct album

I didn't say "think slayer are still good" though.
They were never good. They're probably the most autistic band in history, with the most autistic fans in history.

Decent 7 for that bait

And he's still more of a man than you.

Amazing look at these metal fans interact in the wild

Simple shit, you gotta listen to this before you can be considered a real nigga

>this is what Sup Forums actually believes

I bet you swallowed that Rust In Piece is good meme like it was your father's cum.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!

Thrash metal as a whole has maybe 4 or 5 good albums ever, none of them are by slayer, none of them are by megadeth.

Which ones?

Machine Heads discography

man, i feel like a trendsetter. recently i've been obssessed with old thrash. and now, it's like everywhere here

You're incredibly narcissistic if you think that.

rust in piece is objectively good

No but for real, Kill Em All, Ride The Lightning, The Legacy and Agent Orange. There's a few more too though.

we're all fucked up people here in Sup Forums

Show no Mercy could easily rank close if not better than those albums. There's no way it's not better than The Legacy though. C'mon man.

At least testament can play in time.

I don't know what you're referring to but I've seen Testament and Slayer live and Slayer was way better.

Kerry King is one of the sloppiest guitarists i've ever seen, and I used to get dragged to metalcore shows with my ex. Plus Tom Araya can't match a drum beat and his vocals are maybe the worst of the big 4. It's between him and Mustaine.

Bump

fuck you mustaine is great

He's inarguably one of the best metal guitarists to ever live, but no dude. His vocals are absolute trash. If Megadeth had a good vocalist they might even be in Metallica's position

>tfw own their shirt cause its pretty aesthetic
>tfw don't listen to their music cause its fucking ass cancer as is pretty much all rock/metal
>trigger fanboys so much for being a "poser"
Gives me euphoria

he's probably not good technically, but his voice is the best out of the 4. i like how it sounds in albums

It ruins every album for me desu. Hetfield > Belladonna >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mustaine and Araya.

What triggers me is that's music that anyone can like, that's kiddy music

Not really

Kiddy music is like non-thrash Metallica, Iron Maiden or AC/DC

Thrash is pretty unapproachable for normies, user

Reign in Blood though :/

I like Slayer but you have to admit they pretty much do the same three riffs over and over with a few variations.
The only band that is more repetitive is probably AC/DC. (And I actually like AC/DC, but you have to admit they havent really evolved musically over the years all that much)

slayer dont isnt as thrash exist lol

>When Sup Forumstards try to discuss metal
Just don't, thanks.

Slayer's only worthwhile are their first five + Divine Intervention.

>le listening to metal meme

You have to be 18 in order to post here.

Which is why you should see

Which is why you should see

Fuck that, I'll take Death over Slayer any day

Ok but you really need to see

This thread reminds me of why metalfags are insufferable. That being said, SNM is easily one of my top 5 thrash metal albums. I think they should have gone more toward the doom-y sound of South of Heaven when the band started to age instead of trying to replicate Reign in Blood ad infinitum.

Slayer should have stopped after Hell Awaits.

Every album after that will never be as good.

ouch

I've listened to every ablum in this thread and still don't feel very manly at all

this one will grow hairs on your chest

youtube.com/watch?v=2WlGwrdT0Tk

I've listened to Demolition Hammer and shittons of other 80s thrash and shitloads of other extreme metal

maybe you need to backtrack

youtube.com/watch?v=bbQm-nSjuHI

I prefer Thundersteel

good taste but i don't understand how you still don't feel manly after listening to Riot

I don't know how listening to any music is supposed to make me feel manly

Razor are the fucking bomb

You are such a stupid cunt.
Just listen to rust in piece.
Pic related makes you a man btw

*Was great

>autists can't handle the fact that their music sucks and is built around being sloppy, shitty musicians with terrible "singers"
>anyone who points this out is a stupid cunt

why do some people hate metal?

I enjoy it very much

Razor are fucking shit m8

i used to think that when i was 15 too

I thought slayer was good until I was 15 and figured out how to not be a sloppy waste of a guitarist.

This will rip your guts out.

WHIMPS AND POSERS, LEAVE THE HALL. On a more serious note, you've clearly haven't done any digging outside of the most mainstream albums, now did you, faggot?

It's oftenly seen as "le kids music XDDD" by pretentious Sup Forumstards and people alike. People don't tend to research the medium outside of few mainstream titles that are quite famous, so they're quite ignorant in their assessment and label the whole medium to be nothing but a mere joke.

That main riff on The Exorcist is the tits!

Did muhtallica invent death metal in one album, follow up with the fastest most cohesive start-to-finish metal album yet to be created, and still have enough in them to churn out consistent shit for the last 30 years? No, they went grunge.

You best not be dissing Iron Maiden.

What's the appeal?

No, but Metallica can play in time.

It's not hard to do, when your drummer is playing quarter notes.

>Slayer
>invent death metal
Sorry, Venom did it first.

Iron Maiden, taking Di'Anno era out, has maybe 4-5 good albums, while the rest ranges from mediocre to utter garbage. Powerslave and Seventh Son would be something that stands out with Bruce, but nothing compares to their s/t. Also, Di'Anno made the band what they became, Bruce was just lucky to join them after he got kicked, since he set the stage for anyone to come after him, it just turned out that that person was Bruce.

>Venom did it first.
When?

Welcome To Hell and Black Metal both laid for extreme metal as we know it.

They were just primitive punk metal with muh spoopy lyrics. Death metal didn't start taking shape until Slayer started riffing like so.
youtube.com/watch?v=r0hTE_oFOoQ

Slayer started as a mere Venom cover band, and was significantly influenced by them.

They started as a Judas Priest/Iron Maiden cover band, hence why their first album sounds like power metal. Face it, Venom weren't all that influential; it's a meme that they were.

Wrong. They influenced many, Bathory being one of them, and Quorthon did define black metal with Bathory's The Return. Quorthon, even though he went on record saying he disliked Venom, said he was influenced by Black Metal. Even though Slayer's SNM is JP/IM + punk, that doesn't deny the fact that Venom did influence them, too. Also, stop with the "x is meme", it's retarded.

Source:

morbidcurse.com/article6.html

Venom is just shitty thrash metal

>Venom
>Death Metal

Or its namesake, Death?

Slayers only talented member is their drummer, and he's not even in the fucking band anymore.
And a good drummer is only good if the rest of the band can actually play in time with them.

Never said that Venom was/is death metal, but it definitely laid the foundations for extreme metal, including black and death.

Butthurt, much?

fuck yes this is the shit

best live release EVER

Bullshit.

you haven't listened to it, have ya?

No offense to Chilean Santa, but the vocals in Slayer are the worst out of the Big 4.

I did, but it's not the best live release EVER.

you're supposed to offer a counter argument if you disagree

The burden of proof is solely upon those who claim something, but do not prove it. Ergo, that would be you, since you haven't provided any arguments to go with your statement.