Alright Sup Forums, my gf has depression and lately she doesn't want sex, is this normal? I mean...

Alright Sup Forums, my gf has depression and lately she doesn't want sex, is this normal? I mean, is it normal for women having a lower libido than men?

post pic of her

Depression inherently lowers libido

My fiancé is a sex maniac

my gf used to have depression and she didn't initiate sex very much while depressed. However she is also submissive so I just fucked her when I wanted anyway.

She was into it.

if they are depressed then yes. deal with the cause fo depression

Once she's depressed her body and mind don't simply work properly, right? She'll probably find it harder to fell horny, even to feel hungry. The best thing you can do is to offer all the support you can. So as long as you were the one that keep her happines gauge up, she'll be you sex slave fo life, nigga.

sauce on girl

bump for sauce

help

Yes it will,
Convince her to get help (if actual depression)

My ex had depression and her libido became practically nonexistent. Don't get your hopes up on "fixing" her though. You are inherently part of the circumstances that made her depressed (unless she became your girlfriend when she was already depressed, in which case, oh boy) so you're better off leaving her.

I have depression and sometimes my sex drive just doesn't exist. It's nothing against anyone. Sometimes it goes away for a couple months at a time.

Are you asking is it normal for a girl to he depressed and not want sex? Get a grip dude holy shit, you're the one probably making her depressed with your weak unconfident small dick ass

>is it normal for women having a lower libido than men?

Nope.

>my gf has depression and lately she doesn't want sex, is this normal?

Yep. pretty normal symptom of depression.

Normal, especially if she's taking meds. Depression is a major red flag, dump the bitch

That's some autism level compassion right there.

For how long?

My ex was severely depressed. Her sex-drive really varied. On good weeks we could fuck a couple of times a day the most days. then she would have a bad week and had no libido at all for the whole time.

Last 4 months we were together she was in such a bad state that we didnt have sex at all. (which then was a reason that we broke up).

That'll last kek

honestly, this. If she is constantly depressed it'll be a great strain on you as well. Try to get out in a nice enough way that won't make her depression even worse.

Nice get

Are you people talking about actual depression or just felling blue for a week or two?
Because you sound fucking ridiculous when you're saying 'So yeah my gf is depressed every now and then and we don't have as much sex'
Real depression manifests itself so strongly in every day behaviour that sex would be the least of your worries.

First
>what is she depressed about?

>for how long?

>any changes between that time?

>what's the level of difference besides sex in how she acts towards you?

I can give a good read if these are answered.

If they have depression, then yes.

She's getting dick else where

Nigga don't have anything to do with mentally ill women. Ignore me if you want, I don't care if you're a fool, I barely know you

So is your mom

Whoa check em

OP here, thanks anons! Today she didn't want sex, so I put a sad face on me and she allowed me to fuck her, now I feel disgusted of myself.

I will apologize tomorrow.

Standard symptom of depression in males and females. Everyone has a cycle though. Figure out the cycle. if shes depressed longer than 2 weeks, has low energy, low sex drive, emotional, doesnt leave the bed, stops showering, over/under eats, etc. She prolly has a chemical imbalance. Learn what causes her depression. Can it be fixed? If not, medication. Be patient. Be understanding. If you don't want to deal with it, break up. It's a lot of work to deal with someone who is depressed.

She will start meds tomorrow, I'm not sure if it will worsen the situation even further.

> source: me, when I took meds my libido went shit

Beta

lol for a moment i thought you said he is banging his own mother

Fuck your sex crave, you little bitch. If his gf has actual depression and needs meds to get out of it, then he can fucking rub it out for that amount of time.

Emotional rape

Only if you're gay.

You bang your own mom

OP again.
>Can it be fixed?
Dude, she's basically a failure. 20 and still didn't manage do get into an university while I'm 23 and graduated, I'm not sure how I can help her (I wish I could), but I think that's the reason she's so sad.

All she does is play video games, watch TV and waste time, I tried to make bring her into studying to get into the university, but she just doesn't have the energy. That's why I suggested the meds and she agreed.

What should I do anons?

I didn't reply because I didn't think the thread would last, but now I feel I must ask the obvious:

Are you 14? The fuck.

Speaking from personal experience, some anti depressants can cause lower libido, ranging from mild to extremely low.

quads of truth

If she just became depressed then you might have a shot at helping her through her depression.
If she was depressed before then you are fucked son.

Meds are a strange thing, they can destroy your libido, or they don't. It really depends on the person

I was on zoloft 100mg for 2 years and my libido was even stronger than before
also know a chick on cipralex that had no adverse effects on her libido... no I didn't have sex with her, despite having multiple opportunities (at one point she bluntly asked me if I wanted to fuck her), but that's because I was a beta spaz (maybe I still am, I dunno)

depression kills the sex drive. perfectly normal.

Sometimes it takes a while to find the meds that work with your chemistry. If the meds don't help, she needs to tell the doc immediately to try something else. It sometimes takes a week or two to see results. Proper diet and exercise helps depression. Vitamin B12 oral liquid can help depression, especially if she has a deficiency. Most medications strip vitamins and minerals, so it's important to take a supplement or eat a variety of healthy foods to prevent deficiencies. Sunlight can help too. Small things like going to the park, compliments, hugging more, opening the windows, animals, arts and crafts, etc.

Get her on some SSRIs so her brain chemistry will be all fucked up and she will be willing to have sex with you. Once she starts having negative side effects to the anti-depressants, leave her.

If the dumb bitch won't do that, then just leave her regardless.

She might be getting the d from someone else.... sorry to say.

Thanks for the tips user!

This is up to you. If there is a chance that she can work past her depression to get herself a job or into college, or so long as she isn't dragging you down with her lacking life style, then it shouldn't be a problem. If you two plan on living together or anything, then put yourself first.

>Dude, she's basically a failure.
very sensitive

Damnit man. Do you think the relationship is salvageable? I mean you care about her on the one hand, but the other hand do you feel that you can't be fully responsible for her life situation?

Its hard to being heavy handed about your situation because its very much like the one I'm in now buw with rolls reversed. I'm not "a failure" i have an arts degree and just not no idea what to do with myself and can no longer work from depression so I get endless rivers of support from my girlfriend... But I know in some ways its very one sided. She gives so much, and its hard for me to give anything. So I don't know...

Supermaryface

i mean technically you're right because people really do underestimate depression a lot. but real depression doesn't have to be present at all times of a day either. you can have a good day or even a few in a row and still be depressed.

Hate to say it but this is what happened with me for the last bitch. Thought her meds wigged her out but nope, she was fucking 4 other dudes.

Be positive though OP.

Also, bear in mind that it takes at least two weeks for SSRI's to start working. That's also when the physical side effects are the worst (euphoria, nausea, etc.)

I worry about her, she's so weak. I wish she could get a good job so she doesn't live her live under me, but I feel powerless.

Yes. She's 20. She can turn her life around. The meds will be the first step. After taking the meds, she should start getting more energy, gradually. When the depression is under control, she will be more willing to do productive things. Communicate with her about what is important to you. Let her know, gently, that you would be proud of her and help her study for university. That it's a positive experience that will help her gain knowledge and help her with her depression. She'll feel better when doing something productive and when she has goals.

Damn man, I feel you.

But trust me, I wouldn't leave her for "being a failure", but I don't know how I can get her out of this shithole.

If you really liked her, man the fuck up and get trough the depression with her it will take some effort, but go for it

Thanks user! Great advice!

I'm just being realistic here on Sup Forums, irl I wouldn't say something like this, lad.

I'm surprised with the amount of support coming from Sup Forums this night. I will do this user!

She's my first real gf and I lost my virginity to her.

You're an okay guy OP

I know a little bit about the feeling,
Not quite the same but a friend of mine had a depression I know this guy for like 17 years. I always laughed with him(great sense of humor) until the depression he never went to the bars or social Activity's with us.. skipped all my party plans just to hang out/talk with him, that was 2 years ago but when I look now he looks more happy every day I see him.. it might take time user to get her back and the first step for her is to see she has a depression and you want to help her face it

I have schizophrenia. Medication turned my life around. I'm 25. About to have my accounting degree. (Better late than never). I use to think the people in the mirrors were going to break out and murder me. I thought I was being stalked by a deer man who was a God. I hurt people and myself. I am married. Have dogs. Have a house. Work. Am about to have my degree and get my CPA and a better job. She can do it.

Thanks user! Funnily enough it was yesterday that she finally realized she actually has a disease (after many conversations and advices), so I guess she finally accepted this, and she's also motivated to take the meds.

I will help her and try not being stupid over sexual desires and shit.

Holy shit dude, that's fucking great! congrats!

Her life is not over because she's not at an university at age 20!
Some people need time to recover from an awful and disappointing childhood/ adolescence.
I'm 25 and unemployed yet still have hope.

You give me hope user

Depression really affects your sexual drive. I've jerked off once or twice in the past year..maybe I'll feel horny for 30 seconds before the bad feelings take back over.

Just take a wank more often;) I will say medications are not my nr one choice. Its kind of im depressed ill take meds to make me feel better. My friend did it without meds it will take longer but less chance of addiction

my gf is the exact opposite. she has real diagnosted depression, and she wants to have sex all the time. I think it results from low self esteem, and me having sex with her making her feel sexy after all.

>Her life is not over because she's not at an university at age 20!
I know user, that's not the only reason I call her a 'failure'. It's mostly because of her lifestyle (sleeping all day, playing video-games and watching bullshit TV programs)

I love her though, she's a great girl and would do anything for me (so would I for her)

>a
lets see this nice girls tits

compassion is for women

Start feeding that cunt Vitamin D and 5-htp so she'll get the fuck over it.

Oh I wish user... I wish.

I have a huge libido so while I want to fuck her for hours and cum twice, she just gets wet for a few minutes and asks me to hurry up and cum.

Feels okay though.

Used to date this chick who kind of got depressed lately but does the same, she always wants to fuck
But during the day she quit her school same age as your gf user and does nothing else then sleeping watching the telly gaming and stuff.. maybe try to take her out a little more step by step cause a total lifechange is too much most of the time

buy her one of those shocking dildos
that will wake things up. :P

Well then be patient.

God bless you

I'm glad. I know life can be hard, especially when your brain takes a shit on you. Depression, PTSD, bi-polar, schizophrenia, etc. Those things are annoying. It can turn around though. You have to put effort into it, but that effort really does pay off. I believe in my Sup Forumsrothers.

>if I act like a nigger no one will know I'm actually a nigger

Brilliant.

About sexual desires, she want's me to handcuff her, but since I didn't buy the handcuff itself yet, we do it with my waistband. It's fun, she really likes to get dominated sometimes.

While I was fucking her, she once said "Show me who rules here" or something like that. I guess that shows how insecure she is?

I guess. Are you usually the one to be submissive?

I'm never submissive, is that bad?

Well you do not want the relationship to be stale.
Try new and diff things.
Do something unexpected.
Maybe even sketch, like a public place;
Just please keep it out of the view of others and especially children.

or it's a kink. psychology isn't that simple.
that's a good idea if you both are sad that your sex life is boring and dying but it doesn't address the problems OP has mentioned so far.

I suppose so.
My GF was a bit depressed for a while till I spiced things up. Mad her super happy.
She was mostly depressed because she was bored.

Learn to read and interpret your GFs emotions.

Wow op you are one massive piece of shit faggot. Depression literally means "pressing down" and it is quite clear you are basically the one pressing down on your gf. Im gonna advise you to break up with her so she wont have a depression anymore. You saying she is a failure at age 20 for not being at university or forcing her to have sex with you.. Either stop being the biggest fucking autist in the world and start supporting her for who she is and support her in the choices she wants to make in life or just leave her. I promise you she will be better off without you if you conttinue to be the douchiest of douches.

Depression is a serious matter and it's great she recognices that, but avoid the term disease.

That's what I thought.
Being lonely and having no sex doesn't help with depression either.

wow.. really makes you think

Being lonely is better than being together who makes you feel alone

Also i believe depressed people are open to having sex if its like a distraction away of the real reason they are depressed. Sex with the person who is basically the cause of being depressed will make the depression even worse. So all in all if you are with someone who is depressed at least make sure you are not the reason of the depression.

Tell that to my friends 2-3 years ago...

No she wasn't. She didn't want to upset you for fear you might leave her.

or it was a kink. psychology isn't that simple.

Wish i could, but have a virtual hug for now. Know that we cant change the past, but the future is still unwritten. I wish you find whatever makes you happy!