Is Game of Thrones the greatest show of all time?

Is Game of Thrones the greatest show of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l751VzNOcQk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The last episode sucked cock.

It's breddy good but greatest of all time? Not even close.

I enjoyed the Tudors more.

I want Reddit to leave :(

Of its genre? Yeah, by far. Of every show so far? No.

It's not even an above average show.

Yeah. Season 4 and 5 were mediocre, but season 6 has really come back strong.

Nope

Maybe if you're 15 and haven't seen that much series in your life.

Not even in the top 10.

Yes, there are not even any contendors that come close

>breaking bad
not one likeable character in this overrated meth show
>sopranos
muh dreams, muh ending
>the wire
the last season lol
>twin peaks
lol david lynch so deep

no need to even mention the runners up

shut the fuck up you liar

>Tudors
look at this hipster faggot.

imo season 2 was the most boring season so far, blackwater episode notwithstanding.

I realy did, it's a good fucking show, and got got a lot of inspiration from it.

so hes finnaly leaveing the bitching whore, huh?

It certainly has the best production values ever seen in a TV series and pushed boundaries on the scale of TV production.

Characters and story are genuinely pretty good because they had decent source material to start with, but occasionally goes full retard either because they stray too far from the books or adhere too closely to them

True, and then third season was really good.

Actually, come to think of it, season 4 was pretty good, too.

>Hating on Based Lynch, Soprano, Wire, and BB
>While calling GoT the best show of all time a series littered with questionable writing. Which is made by the guy who did X-Men origins wolverine and a guy who has done jack shit.

So according to IMDB data, that means you believe there are at least 20,000 television series that are better than GOT.

Link to a pastebin list? Thanks.

0 arguments gg fgt

so the uncle was the hybrid?

>origins

To be fair, that movie was infamously micromanaged by the megakike Tom Rothman. No screenwriter could have made that movie work.

It's like a blockbuster movie, no risk all reward. I watched the first season and never bothered continuing. Absolute garbage.

No, pic related is

>muh absurdo ad reductio
>Game of Thrones
muh stronk womyn and dragons. Why don't you try engaging your brain, if you have one, next time.

Best show coming through

I'm rewatching S1 at the moment and it's honestly astounding how much better it was. The sets looked gorgeous, they visited varied landscapes and the costume design was top tier. Tight story, a central mystery and lots of great actors like Mark Addy and Sean Bean carrying the show. It's shit in comparison, even as someone who still enjoys it.

Based Reinhard coming through

This guy gets it. Anime or not, this shit was some of the best 'television' I've ever watched. It didn't need cheap gimmicks like GoT does.

I'm a Yang guy, myself. Reinhard felt a little too plot-armored and wehraboo power fantasy to me. Everything went his way to almost Daenrys levels of Mary Sue.

yes it is

Actually this desu senpai. I finished it a couple of days ago and I've never seen anything better in my life. It's written very elegantly. At first it's overwhelming that it's 110 episodes, but after you start watching it, it becomes disappointing that it's not longer.

No, it is actually pretty awful.

I could never really pay attention to Yang's stuff mainly because he never really did anything IMO.

>Everything went his way to almost Danaerys levels of Mary Sue

Yeah I can see that.

I found Reuental, Obersteinn and Rubinsky had the most character and story arc depth. Reinhard and Yang were more of idealogical symbols that you could get behind, but were both well spoken enough about the ideals they represented to still be interesting characters.

He was portrayed as a lot more subdued than Reinhard, that's for sure. I thought he did plenty. In fact I would say he did more than Reinhard while having less at his disposal and a much worse situation on his hands.

He also kept his integrity until the very end, unlike Reinhard who pulled shit like allowing the nuke.

I also felt Yang was a lot more relateable. he wasn't pompous, and even given the opportunity to be a ruler, he wasn't interested in it. He was just a very gifted officer put in a lose-lose situation ultimately until christ-fags killed him. I did really enjoy how Reinhard reacted to that, though. For all of Reinhard's personality flaws and questionable amounts of plot armor, he was still written fairly well and had a lot of genuinely human moments. Even the worst characters in this show are miles better than most of the best characters from other shows.

Top five, we'll know for sure exactly where it stands when it ends.

Delusional.

Overrated as fuck. So glad I grew out of the "LOGH da best anime" meme.

>mean
>average

correct

Bed-wetter.

Name five anime series that are better.

The first part of Fair Game: The Critical Universe Around Game of Thrones, a documentary about HBO's hit fantasy.
More on: internetremembers.com

This is my documentary.
youtube.com/watch?v=l751VzNOcQk

No. But the current GoT season is probably the best since Season 1.

It barely scrapes into the top 10 of anime only lists.

D

R

O

P

P

E

D

Evangelion, Utena, FLCL, Mononoke, Lain

I'll give you that. Really, the supporting cast was fantastic in general.

I had a big soft spot for Poplin and Konev, myself.

gotta say i prefer the wire

It was by far the best episode of the season, probably the best episode since season 4.

was this even finished?

>Expecting high rating in polls when moe-fags are a thing.
A lot of people actually enjoy shit like Girls und Panzer. Let that sink in.

Second best, SAN FRANSISCO COCKSUCKER!!

how could you like such a latent racist?

>what is hardhome

s5 took a while to get going, but the last two eps were goat

>Best episode
>More blue-balling on the inevitable killing of the high sparrow and all of his christ-fags.
>After all this buildup
More of that good ol' fashioned GoTs stalling for more filler while waiting on Martin to release the next book.

Does anyone seriously give a fuck about Arya arc, either?

It's the best fantasy show I can think of but overall it probably doesn't crack my top 20

The dialogue on Game of Thrones is atrocious, I'm generally able to tell exactly where a scene is going within the first three or four lines in the scene. Take for example yesterday night when Arya poisons the woman's drink. I knew immediately she would stop her because why else would they go to all this fucking trouble to show her stopping Arya and have her lift the glass to her lips three times before ever taking a drink?

>tfw you remember that reuenthal dies
lay your heart down onto the sea of the stars, sweet prince

Objectively yes. Does it mean it's the best? No.

Cheeky.

Oh it's you trying to force your shit meme again nevermind.

>muh filler

Anime lists where 70% of the top rated series are shounen, which means they are rated largely from the perspective of high schoolers. If you want to suggest Gintama, FMA:B, Code Geass, and Hunter x Hunter are better than LoGH, well, okay. Hahaha.

I've watched under thirty series: the post.

Half of hardhome was pretty much nothing though, even if the other half was great.

this episode was consistently good-great

I agree, they cut every damn corner, cheap costumes, armor and weapons. Did you see the dothraki weapons? I mean seriously, those metal weapons they carry seemed to be made out of wood last episode, and then most of them had cheap spears and what looked like halberds, their armor was like cloth that looked like leather too.

The kingslanding scene though the soldiers looked cool in that armor, they didn't cheap out on that.

The Dany ending scene was completely retarded, she sounds like a tard with power that's steadily on the decline towards madness. I wouldn't be surprised if she does make it to Westeros and her smug arrogant attitude makes her lose the dragons and her army.

>Taking situations out of context.

For me:

S4>S3>S2>>>>S1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>S5=S6

>Implying this season hasn't been 90% filler, just like the previous one

Yea, when they had source material from GRRM himself like the first few seasons the story was great, but any time D&D get creative it falls flat.

S1>S3>S2>S4>>>>>>>>>S6=S5

It hasn't

>I've watched under thirty series: the post
This is almost everyone who thinks LOGH is the pinnacle of anime when it doesn't use any of the qualities specific to animation in the first place.

S1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> S3=S6>S4>S5>S2

Yea, but they cut a few corners, just put some theatrical cheap makeup on his face and boom hybrid Benjamin. It would have been cool if they made him unnatural looking, like riding a huge elk like in the book, but you know, D&D have to cheap out on everything.

What show is this

Yea, D&D went full blown cheap, cut every corner possible now. Cool things that are in the book that may cost a bit extra on the show they just don't do and you notice. D&D are not as clever as they think they are.

Do you have any idea how much you'd have to pay an elk to show up and play a part in this shit show?

Legend of Galactic Heroes.

Really good watch.

All they kept doing ep after ep with Arya is have her train, same type of training over and over again and again. We get it idiots, she's training, but it's not a variety of training, it's just mostly stick fighting with the waif, got boring and tedious after a while. Thank god last episode we wont see her training the same way we saw her for so many episodes with the waif.

stop trying to force this meme
it's not happening boy
also reddit pls go

Wolf Hall >>> Tudors

>If it does'nt throw in shitty tropes to appeal to autists that collect body pillows it's not a real anime
This is some interesting damage control

This is the most underwhelming seaons ever, with every episode being more underwhelming than the last one.

i know right

Yea, there's no surprise, I see your point, D&D are easy to figure out, just think what those 2 cock suckers would do to cheap out on the scene and which corner they cut and you can predict the end result frequently, their writing and presentation of events is amateur.

DID I HAVE A STROKE DURING THE EPISODE OR WAS THERE NO COCK JOKE FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE EPISODE 1

They could at least make his eyes glow, since he's been through the same shit as the white walkers.

Also Daenerys needs to be killed off, she is destroying the whole show.

The material itself is uneven and there have been some seriously weak moments, but the writers & producers deserve a lot of credit simply for the execution. The scale of the multiple sprawling plot lines and hundreds of characters is unprecedented in television, and yet they've pulled it together in a way that is coherent and holds up to massive popularity. Virtually everybody I know watches/discusses the show.

It's popcorn TV, but it's really fucking good buttery salty popcorn.

This thread pleases me.

Do you realize the ratings this show has? Dabid, coldhands is Benji Dabid, mmm hmmm, we make Benji coldhands Dabid, then he comes out riding on a big bad majestic elk. Dabid, stop why you smack me Dabid? Bad Dabid bad!

Exactly, god forbid we saved the budget for the episode for the halfass tard dany scene though, where we only saw a quarter of the dragon flying high, where it would have looked incredible flying over the dothraki army, but oh wait, she just has like 100 troops behind her, so yea, cut more corners. They aren't even trying anymore.

The seasons will continue to be shit mostly because GRRM still doesn't know the end. Until this season everything was set, one could find enough material. Now, they are just prolonging until GRRM finishes the books.

Taking of Winterfell would be in episode 3 in every other season, now it will be the season finale.

>The scale of the multiple sprawling plot lines and hundreds of characters is unprecedented in television
the wire
>pulled it together in a way that is coherent
no.

Fucking knew something was not right.

Dabid, can we put like white walker eyes on Benji Dabid? Please Dabid PLEASE!!!? Pweddy pweeeease Dabid? SHUTUP WUSS! THAT WOULD COST LIKE $200 you piece OF SHIT!!!

>It's popcorn TV, but it's really fucking good buttery salty popcorn.
Thats not what popcorn tv means you fucking moron.