Psychiatristfag in the making here

Psychiatristfag in the making here.
Have a seat, user, tell me what's bothering you.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borderline_personality_disorder
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump

bump

let this thread live

kek Casey Neistat?

Blood lust and always wanting to objectify and enslave women and girly men who want to be women

>always wanting to objectify and enslave women
Are you an intovert? Or do you just want to make distance?

I've been depressed since elementary school, I mainly hit myself but hurt myself in other ways too, I feel empty and my future feels bleak and I think about suicide often. However! Feels strange to say it, but I finally feel like life or at least my mood is getting better.

I went to the school psychologist throughout my three years in high school which culminated in me getting referred to a doctor who referred me to the city's psychiatric polyclinic. The result was that the head psychiatrist sent me a letter where they described my symptoms as mild depression and suggested online therapy (to which you log in with bank info).

ONLINE FUCKING THERAPY

So my question is, how do I get help? Actual help, for me.

bump for psychbro

Sorry to hear that user.
Does any of this sound familiar? Unstable relationships with other people, unstable sense of self, and unstable emotions.

I'm a misanthrope. I have very selective empathy, mostly for kids and those that can't help themselves.
I despise most everything about this world and of course the people on it.
I play video games to escape from this reality.
After my parents pass away I'll probably be an hero. Not because I'm suicidal
But just because I'm bored of this place and the assholes who inhabit it.

Also, I would advise looking for private psychiatrists, they tend to be less corrupted.

What do you mean by "make distance"?

i'm not sure if i'm really having psychotic symptoms or if i'm just faking and exaggerating.

Have you ever been emotional before? Do you like animals or have you ever thought about animals being better than humans? Who has disappointed you user?

Have you ever been in a relationship before? Has anyone hurt you?

I have pedophile tendencies but I also like adult women.

What do?

All of the above, both as symptoms and causes. However, unstable sense of self resonates the most. I think I'm deathly afraid of making social mistakes, I have huge issues with shame (constant cringefits where i seize up whenever i think of embarrassing situations or memories, some people call them "wince words"). weird considering I'm a theatre-hobbyist normie party animal

i agree it might be the only way. thanks for listening user

>psychotic symptoms
tell me more, user

I'm not generally emotional about anything. Animals are better than humans. They have the excuse that they're animals for the shit they do to each other. Humanity has no excuse, not for the shit we do to each other.
The world is a disappointment.

Can't stop drinking myself to death after my gf of two years, who I was planning on marrying dumped me. Steadily ignored me more and more all summer and made all kinds of bullshit excuses to not see me. Then she finally dumps me after an agonizing effort of weeks on end trying to get her to tell my just what has been going on with her. She gets back on free online dating sites the day after and a day after that her mom calls me at one am thinking she's here. Obviously lied to her mom about going out slutting it up and used me as a decoy of sorts. Haven't been able to stop drinking all week and I'm increasingly thinking suicidal thoughts. Hurts man. What do?

Yes and no. When I was in a relationship I was hyper dominant. Not restrictive, just made a understanding that who had the power and made the big decisions

i have been withdrawing off of benzos for 2 weeks now and cant eat how long do i have left to live before my body fails

I get anxious before sex with my wife and it effects my sexual performance.

This has never happened before.

Misanthropy develops when without art one puts complete trust in somebody thinking the man absolutely true and sound and reliable and then a little later discovers him to be bad and unreliable, and when it happens to someone often, he ends up hating everyone.

When did it start?

Think about this. I will wait for your reply

Bipolarfag, I miss being manic. It felt like being a kid again, not a care in the world. And the productivity of going for days on 3 hours of sleep? Me gusta mucho.
Thought of going off my meds and taking some uppers to trigger an episode even though I know that is a terrible idea in the long run.

When I was a 5-6 maybe. Before I went into Catholic school, I saw the nuns beat and pretty much torture little kids. Took one kid in back and when he came back his face was just beat red. Something about hot water I remember.
I had my knuckles beaten with a pencil because I had an eraser on my pencil.
Mistakes weren't allowed.

Have you been seeing shit when you were a child?

prereq: i'm currently on welbutrin 300mg and seroquel 400 xr. they help with the moods but i'm slowly losing coherence.

i have hallucinations. i know they're hallucinations. i have delusions. i know they're delusions.
but that's the surface.
my personality has always been a problem because i never have felt there was one me, and my perceptions of personhood are remarkably fragile, in reference to myself.
i have a history of bipolar depression and i know psychotic features are a part of it. the first time i noticed really being fully delusional was after my manic phase this last time (triggered by brintallix or w/e) i was convinced i was god, and that there were bugs hiding in my trashcan and if i emptied it they'd attack me.

the hallucinations are new, too. they're not threatening. they feel more than i see them because even thiugh i see them they're invisible. i know they're there though, but i also know they're hallucinations. they stare either interested or angrily. usually they sit on the outskirts of the room but sometimes there's enough of them to fill up an entire room, stacked atop one another like teens in a small car on a friday night. if i am talking to someone or actively writing i can usually curb the incoherence but i've found now i have a dialogue that goes with myself. i hear voices but they're too far away for me to make them out and they're always whispering. i know they're not real too.

somehow i feel likeni'm faking and it's not real.

sorry it took so long, mobile.

Losing my ability to control my anger. Considering seeing an actual psychiatrist.

This sound like Borderline personality disorder.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borderline_personality_disorder

Read it and see if it applies to you.

Oh hell yeah man, seeing crazy shit since day1

on top of it all i feel like it's been constant throughout my life but i just shoved it under the rug. i've been hospitalized three times this past year-- since march-- and i was last admitted to residential for nine months, ending august 7th. these were only apparent when i was alone. i can't tell dreams from reality. hours of my days go missing. i think my friends are planning to kill me and the random encounters on facebook are people trying to lure me away and kill me too.

oh yeah. august 7th of last month for more specification in case it wasnt clear.

Your heart has been crushed user, but you WILL overcome.
Has anyone told you that you are narcissistic? Not saying you are, I am just analyzing for now

I often see figures out of the corner of my eye, hear my name being called in an empty room, Hear and see video game characters in my room trying to be friends with me. Im not sure if I just have an active imagination or if there's something fucked in my head... The main characters I see is Spy and Pyro from tf2.

user, suicide is the ONLY problem in humans. Eat some activated charcoal and go to a doctor, please.

Been having really fucked up dreams for years. They range from being trapped in a burning school to doing tricks on bike at night loking for drugs before going into a night club. All kinds of weird shit.
One of the wierdest was trying to enter my old apartment but it had been completely blockaded and left to rot.
I have this theory that dreams are connected to visible light that comes into your room along with brain activity.

What meds are you using?

Have lost the excitement in life.

I used to be very excited about, well, sex mostly.

Would have sex with most everything even vaguely female.
150+ sex partners in the last 14 years
The last 5 I was slowing down.
Fucked my cousin for a while, I really liked her but it was too taboo for her to have an actual relationship.
I was a bit heartbroken.
After that I slowed way down.

But the problem I ran into is that sex I can get, but actual emotional connection... No one I meet is emotionally available.

Sex is everywhere but that's all there is.

I'm so tired, I'm burnt out on sex.

I don't even bother

The last sex I had was with a good friend months ago but even she told me she isn't looking for anything serious.

Tl:dr
Can get sex, but not companionship
Burnt out from meeting so many fuckgirls

Hi! Medschool student here. Unfortunately, I live outside the States, hope to pass USMLE as soon as I get outta here. I've heard that it's strongly recommended to have atleast 6 months of practice in American hospitals. What woulda say? Will I be able to have practice and work part-time (in order to accomodate myself) at the same time?

You could attempt seek out people that fit some of the "kinds of people" you are upset about the most and see if you can become comfortable with them in some way.

There is also meditation, but frankly speaking, being in meditation is a very blanket term for diving into a lot of (extremely many) different sorts of states of mind. Some of these, when applied to you for chunks of the day can in general lead to a lower frequency of automatic negative reactions as well as a less serious negative reaction.
Disclaimer: This can also happen with some positive ones. You can also gain some new kinds of reactions. be careful and make sure that how you are when you meditate is not detrimental to yourself. As much "nothingness" as possible is preferable to avoid negative outcomes. Forcing through states with willpower is highly discouraged.

Have you ever been diagnosed with schizophrenia? Is your bipolar self-diagnosed?

Not op but try a cat or dog? You cant fuck them or at least you shouldnt... but they are good friends.

I found my cat at my doorstep one day starving gave her some food, she threw up because hadnt ate in forever and now follows me every where i go.
She had a litter of 6 but there was no way in fuck i had the space or money for 7 cats killed 4 new borns gave away the 2 remaining kittens.
Going to get her spayed in 2 weeks.
Probably going to keep her as long as her or i live.
(Might have cancer, gotta see doctor this year.)

Tell me more

Have you ever been to a psychiatrist?

Have you tried taking any kind of medication?

yes, last year. Stopped going because nothing stopped and it appeared to be getting worse. They put me on a antidepressant or something.

interesting perspective! some of this hits close to home, thanks

You should change your environment. Less fuckgirls = more emotionalfags

I'm also outside the States, so wouldn't know much about it. I stayed in my country (in Europe) and everything's going fine.

nope. professionally diagnosed but i don't trust any of them because they keep telling me more stuff.
first it was treatment-resistent major depressive, unipolar, because at the time my dad refuted my mania, social anxiety with agoraphobia, general anxiety, ptsd, with featured of reactive attachment. which would fit perfectly but i can't tell if my sympathy/empathy is imposed by being taught and overanalyzing everythig people do. i don't have emotional connections but to a few people and i'm attached to an unhealthy degree, all of them, which makes reactive attachment and borderline possible, but the emergent psychosis is a problem. i can't tell anyone about this because if i told a therapist they'd percieve me as schizophrenic and not see the rest of me. there are so many different me's its concerning.

We really need more of these. Thanks for doing this user. I want to kill myself. But not because of emotional bullshit. But because I dont want to work 9 hours a day to make someone else rich, then get home and worry about how I'm going to pay my bills. Its just less stress and pressure.

I'm dead inside.

People that have issues, trying to become "professionals" to tell others how they should behave with the same problem.

So you are saying they didn't diagnose you with schizophrenia?

Not in recent years. Only meds i ever take are migraine ones (get 2-3 horrible ones a year) and took small amounts of basic bowel movement meds for like 6 months.
I try to stay away from medicine and doctors unless its something serious like if i broke my arm.

All psychiatrists are 100% B.S.

>I took psychology 101 now I think I'm qualified to give anonymous advice without seeing the patient

You're gonna be a terrible doctor.

Thought about it, but I like sex, but deeply involved sex where your partner wants you before the sex and after as well.
Not just before and during, and then couldn't give a shit after you've satisfied them.

Nothing excitesbme, and I'm retreating in on myself. Life bores me and even though I'm working to progress I feel no happiness about it. I have zero happy or sad points.
Just, exist.

and if i got into the low value i put on life and humanity period it makes me seem like u know. there's something seriously fucked up with me. and i don't want to blow my cover.

they diagnosed me with Depression and anxiety. To be honest i think they might have stuffed up a bit. I think i'll try and start going back.

>I can't function as an adult so I'm gonna kill myself

Should I go back to christianity if it makes me happy but I also dont believe in god?

ITT: Anons that can't get their shit together try to get a diagnosis from someone who isn't a doctor.

lots of people are only in it for the sense of community and support.

Ooh, look at me, I'm a "psychiatrist"! I can believe and openly espouse any one of six or seven entirely different and mutually exclusive models of how my entire science function and still be taken seriously! I'm allowed to give people unproven, highly suspect drugs absolutely all of which have permanent, serious side effects - I'm allowed to do this even if continuing to give you the drug completely contradicts the treatment model that drug was developed under such as the assumption you'll actually be receiving serious cognitive behavioral therapy! Which you won't, because that's not what I do, that's expensive and actually works, no, you need to come talk to me for 10 minutes about how you need to take whatever cheap, toxic SSRI I'm pumping you full of for the tenth year in a row! Do you even remember when you could still cum?

My entire science is based on a desperate retard cutting parts of people's brains out and saying it fixed them because instead of being crazy they just stopped doing things entirely! WHAT AN IMPROVEMENT! BETTER GIVE THAT GUY A NOBEL PRIZE IMMEDIATELY! In fact, let's let a crazy person in a van operate on whoever he visits and cut out the literal souls of children who did nothing wrong but be mildly sad! Because it's popular!

YOU SEE THIS? IT'S AN ORBITOCLAST, I INVENTED IN MY VAN. I WANT TO SHOVE IT INTO YOUR BRAIN THROUGH THE SIDE OF YOUR EYE AND ANY TALK TO THE CONTRARY IS A LIE

RUN

RUN

RUN

Just ended a serious, long-term relationship that I wanted to have a future. I'm 31, so I feel like I gave up my last chance to ever be a husband and father. I was single throughout my entire 20s, and I've felt more hopelessly alone and miserable in the last week and a half than I did in that whole decade combined.

not OP, but each and everyone of you, no matter the severity of your issues, needs to talk to professionals and friends. try to see yourself living another 20 years or so with the same demons and you might understand that getting professional and personal help should be the default next step in your lives.

and you all deserve help. you all deserve love. everything is gonna be ok.

f-faggots...

seems legit

i thing im having severe hypochondriasis. Im always worrying about having a heart attack accompanied with chest pain and difficulty in breathing.
doctor said im fine, blood pressure and pulse are perfect. could this be caused by my depression im having once in a while?

>comparing the shit we did 50 years ago to psychiatry now

OP is full of shit but this is probably the hottest and steamest pile of shit I've seen in a while.

Key word. PROFESSIONAL

OP is likely not one.

No friends, no family, no hobbies, no car (can't afford one because I'm self-funding a Bachelor's Degree).

Just stuck alone and wallowing in my loneliness.

Look guys , he was touched in the office.

I lost one of the only friends I had to cancer, someone I'd known for nearly half my life. Lately I feel like I 've been even more reclusive than usual, never leaving my home or talking to people except for work, but I just feel like I don't care much about the world anymore. Like, I just can't bring myself to care about much besides my personal hobbies that act as a distraction.

>if I keep being a self hating piece of shit it'll bet better

Stop. Go fix it.

as long as you don't set anything in stone (diagnose) and emphasize professional help, i love the greater idea of threads like these

It can only get better. On Benzos for almost a decade. Been off for almost a year. Hang in there. You start forgetting your birthday, on that shot. Actually forgot the date once.

>in the making

how much student debt will you have?

I often get the urge to start fires. Is that normal?

Get used to it. No one more abusive than med seekers. And heart wrenching when they want to be.

That's what I wanted

Listen shit heads the reality is we weren't designed to help one another in a emotionally and spiritual way. Nor are we created to help each other through the power of influence and suggestion. I mean do you really think god would draw the line at the fuck deli isle? do you really think we are all fucking stupid enough to believe some fuck head with a paper telling you you're this, or that? do you really believe science has gone to far and we believe these aspects based off of a human's "idea" or "ideology" or fucking theory and the human society and culture of general population we're all like "hmmm yea that seems reasonable" do you really think we need to be told that we're fucked or, mentally challenged? or delusional or need help?

Truth be told we should know how we all run naturally.. Yes some of us are insane, yes some of us have problems. YOU already know that, there is no need to ask someone why... because you already know why.

Its like lions have feelings, they fuck, mate and give birth, sometimes the fathers abandon the young and the young are like, oh well I dont care cause I'm a lion... and then you get the lioness whos like "all good fam ill look after him" you don't see them phased. and heres our species the "human" race who complains over not getting a fucking iphone for their birthday, or "complain" about not getting laid or is "socially rejected" like grow the fuck up... do what ever the fuck makes you happy in life. and if that doesnt happen. find then next best thing... either it be killing someone, traveling, running away from all the pain, find an escape. We made a rocket to travel to fucking space.. im sure you all can find an escape from this hell we call earth...

again... complaining about being a socially awkward, scared, upset, in pain, heart broken is the least of your fucking problems.

and it seems you've succeeded! good luck with your studies

>lioness whos like "all good fam ill look after him"
kek

psychiatrist? nah

at least you got the fag part right

Most of that IS a description of what we do now. Electroshock is still used and taken seriously. They're using drugs they don't even know the biochemical mechanisms of action for as blockbuster products. The concept of a "depression pill" is so much more important than the reality that people eat affect-flattening, sexuality destroying, health erroding crap drugs and pay out the ass for it. This from people who don't have any serious models of disease or it's progression, people who's definitions of disease itself change with the winds of politics so often even their most basic ideas need updated, sanitized versions every once in a while. Go back a few DSMs, homosexuality is a disease, in the next DSM being uncomfortable with homosexuals will be considered a disease.

Psychiatrists are just jungle medicine men with a penis sheath and a lip disc shaking dead rattlesnakes to make a lot of scary sounds. They are the furthest thing from a scientist, they're more like a combination of an astrologer and a chiropractor.

>Fucked up with the most perfect person ever
>havent felt happy in weeks now and just want to die

how to get valium?

too many jews and neo nazi's coming to black mans house asking if they can get hentai. how to fix this mod OP

if you make it user
you better hook up your Sup Forumsros with prescrips

I've been suffering from anxiety that seems to have worsened these days. What can I do against it?

im 18 and i find 40+ curvy women hot
whats wrong with me

since ive been prescribed zoloft ive been more suicidal than ever
ive been very violent and even stabbed my brother but its the first time ive been able to be happy in about 5 years
what should i do?

i cant shake it off when i feel that someone else has disrespected or disregarded me.

rationally, i know i would live a happier and easier life if i was able to brush things like this off of my shoulder.

but i cant help but notice when other people do something rude to me. i try to ignore it or pretend that it doesnt bother me, but instead i end up suppressing a lot of anger and frustration with other people.

im having trouble now differentiating between when i have a legitimate grievance and it would be appropriate to confront the person or when im just being sensitive or neurotic.

this unfortunately leads to me having small outbursts at people when they do something that i take offense to. to them, my reaction might seem totally random and unprovoked, but the reality is they have probably been doing something that i find upsetting for an extended period of time and i have done my best to accept it but could no longer do so.

I once threw a chair when I was in school a long time ago, I also elbowed the teacher.
Am I secretly a nigger inside?

Go ask one of those magic 8balls..
Nigger

Latuda and depakote