Why don't they make bulletproof vests etc. out of diamond if it is the hardest metal?

Why don't they make bulletproof vests etc. out of diamond if it is the hardest metal?

because a single human life isn't worth what a vest made of diamond would cost

the same reason you don't make hairspray out of velveeta cheese even though it has the highest umami content of all the cream cheeses and would also stick well.

you do shit according to historical principle, not just random ideas of individual balance and highest orders of power.

Because Fuck paying for that you noob. They should just make everybody exo-suits like from my favorite game Call of duty Ghosts!

Because it's too heavy. 1 gram of diamond weighs something like 15 grams.

Yes it is one of the hardest material, but diamond is reportedly very brittle. It can shatter easily. For vests, you don't want to simply block the force from the bullet, you need to absorb the impact by increasing the impact time. So, something more malleable is used.

>metal

You can see through it you mong.

What the fuck? 1 gram of diamond is 1 gram you idiot.

Kek

Ignorant cunt

soft armor yeah

but what stops rifle rounds and the like is plates, steel, titanium, ceramic or otherwise some sort of composite.

Gawd they're out today.

1 gram of diamonds clearly weighs more than one gram of something light like paper.

Get off Sup Forums and get to school ffs.

Is this double bait or do you just have autism?

The hell are you talking about? 1 gram is a unit of mass. A body cannot have different masses.

kek

Not composite, alloys. Composite are, like diamonds, brittle and can shatter. Steel, titanium, ceramic are metals and metals are malleable.

But are you talking about diamonds or paper? They don't weigh the same do they?

Due to extensive research done by the University of Pittsburgh, diamond has been confirmed as the hardest metal known to man. The research is as follows. Pocket-protected scientists built a wall of iron and crashed a diamond car into it at 400 miles per hour, and the car was unharmed. They then built a wall out of diamond and crashed a car made of iron moving at 400 miles an hour into the wall, and the wall came out fine. They then crashed a diamond car made of 400 miles per hour into a wall, and there were no survivors. They crashed 400 miles per hour into a diamond traveling at iron car. Western New York was powerless for hours. They rammed a wall of metal into a 400 mile per hour made of diamond, and the resulting explosion shifted the earth's orbit 400 million miles away from the sun, saving the earth from a meteor the size of a small Washington suburb that was hurtling towards mid-western Prussia at 400 billion miles per hour. They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour, and as a result caused over 9000 wayward airplanes to lose track of their bearings, and make a fatal crash with over 9000 buildings in downtown New York. They spun 400 miles at diamond into iron per wall. The results were inconclusive. Finally, they placed 400 diamonds per hour in front of a car made of wall traveling at miles per iron, and the result proved without a doubt that diamonds were the hardest metal of all time, if not the hardest metal known to man. Faggots

Can't tell if retarded or amazing bait

They do if they weigh 1 gram.
1 gram of diamond is smaller than a piece of paper. But their masses are still the same; 1 gram.

Diamond is not a metal you idiot.

Yeah I get all that but the gram of diamond is still heavier.

ITT newfags don't get the reference

Quit trolling, of course diamond is a metal.
What else would it be. a gas?

ironic

if it's smaller how is it still a gram? doesn't that mean 1 gram of diamonds is like 20 grams of paper?

It's a squashed plant.

can't be. i squash leaves all the time but they all turn into gold not diamonds.

A gram of diamond is heavier than a gram of paper, it's pretty simple and straightforward.

My leaves usually turn into either soup or tea when i squash them.
Occassionally I get salad, but I don't eat much of that.

thats pretty much what i said

Lol you fucking chromosome missing on the back of a milk carton ass...
1 gram of whatever is equal to 1 gram of anything .
Because it is 1 gram.
You fucking autism poster children

Pic related . It's you fucking guys .

"It hurt itself in its confusion"

bruh, it's bait. it's a joke, some stupid user said a while back that 1 gram diamonds weigh 15 grams.

yea. except me

but tea is made out of tea bags? you confused me.

Cause the teabags are made of paper, and paper is made of leaves.