SoundCloud thread

SoundCloud thread.
>Post your stuff and I will give honest opinions on it

Here's a track I'm working on, which is sort of far from what I usually make, but it has a certain vibe I quite like. Listen to it when you're stoned out of your mind. It's sorta repetitive..

soundcloud.com/kevla/palmside

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/venderstrooik
soundcloud.com/klemmy-1/downloadin1
soundcloud.com/yojecksun
soundcloud.com/kevla/freaks
soundcloud.com/kevla/harlem-bounce
soundcloud.com/ronniescholarship
youtube.com/watch?v=YxanjGn22XM
youtube.com/watch?v=v_n-FKlwh2Y
soundcloud.com/rivertiber
soundcloud.com/rawry
m.soundcloud.com/wallace-hartley-icebergs
youtube.com/watch?v=C-EHa2Mwt44
youtube.com/watch?v=jY0EVBvwimw
soundcloud.com/danielcaesar/wont-live-here
soundcloud.com/hexeract
soundcloud.com/wilfred-the-wilfred/wilfred-walk
soundcloud.com/max-rutter/a-state-of-satisfaction
soundcloud.com/kevla/smile
soundcloud.com/venderstrooik/hypnotiza
soundcloud.com/venderstrooik/red-sky
soundcloud.com/venderstrooik/forgot-my-pussy
soundcloud.com/aloofaloof
soundcloud.com/toybreaker
soundcloud.com/insertnameofficial
soundcloud.com/kevla/you-remix
soundcloud.com/kevla/twerk-it-kevla-remix
soundcloud.com/datchanin/tracks
youtube.com/watch?v=YnAvtozSnN8
soundcloud.com/hexeract/lady-bad-luck
soundcloud.com/potcorn/exalted
soundcloud.com/cedrik-st-onge
vocaroo.com/i/s0qRcqXGjzWB
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bumping. If there's any music makers out there, post your stuff. I'd love to hear some new stuff!

ah yeahhh;

soundcloud.com/venderstrooik

>Pic related

Wow, I must say I haven't really heard anything like this before..

I think, personally, it's a bit much for my head, but you have some interesting athmosphere going on in your tracks though. How are you creating the variety of sounds? Or are they sampled?

some deep techno ish stuff :D
soundcloud.com/klemmy-1/downloadin1

Lots of quality percussion to be honest, have you considered tech house? Your current style is seriously suited for it

Heavy intro!

I like the glitchy effects you have going, solid build up. To be honest, I quite like this, but I was hoping for a nasty 4 on the floor sort of drop that would progress further.. maybe this is just a preview though? Tech tracks are usually a lot longer

im glad you like it. yeah well. i have this problem, i work on something for a day, and then i do not reopen it and continue :D but yeah, its not finnished.

soundcloud.com/yojecksun

australian rap, yes i'm 18 bois

I have the same problem. I can start a pretty decent idea, but chances are it'll dust for a few months.. creates a constant flow of ideas to fall back on though. Here is the only track I've done that is sort of close to Tech.. nothing serious though, I'd love to give it a try now that I've learned more.

soundcloud.com/kevla/freaks

Dude, yes. This is lovely.

Man, I love these vibes. I'm currently working on a beat where I'm experimenting with some tape emulators. Have a quick listen?

It's sort of out of my comfort zone, but here goes:

soundcloud.com/kevla/harlem-bounce

thanks man, im really happy with how bang bang turned out

i like the vibe on the track alot, keep it up x

Bang Bang was spot on man. Quality tune!

ICE CREAM CAKE COMING SOON
Please follow repost like

soundcloud.com/ronniescholarship

Nice tracks man, solid mixing and beat on Benzo. Quite liked that. The rest of the beats sounded dull in the high-end (treble) area compared to that one, but they're solid tracks as well. I think I've done a few trap-based tracks but I never really came around to creating anything crazy though. I absolutely love the spacey pluck in Benzo. Pardon me for feedbacking on the track for the most part, but it's what I know best. Gotti sounds huge as well.

Yea those are the only tracks that are mixed
Getting the entire next mixtape mixed now so follow and tell a friend. Shit gonna be good. Maybe a vid for benzo. But got a hotter single coming called dime a dozen.

I'm definitely intrigued. I will keep an eye out, mate. Thanks!

soundcloud.com/hexeract

Soundcloud.com/Wallace-Hartley-icebergs

We gonna release two more song within a week or so and then my band is over. RIP

Hi thank you.
Mostly its hardware, cheap synthz or keyboards. Boss Dr Groove Drumcomputer and other variaty's.

Oh and for software we use the DIVA vst.

Bonus video hardware clip:

youtube.com/watch?v=YxanjGn22XM

youtube.com/watch?v=v_n-FKlwh2Y

Let me know what you think

my soundcloud is
soundcloud.com/rivertiber

Not bad man, not bad at all. You should definitely try some Tech house though. If you're creating all that athmosphere yourself, you could really come out with something unique in the tech area. You'd have to be interested in the genre ofcourse, but I would definitely like to hear something along those lines. It's all about stepping out of your comfort zone right?

Link didn't work mate. Why is it over? if you love music, then it's never over!
Ooh, this is solid man. I love that video.
The percussion threw me off for a while, but as soon as the beat and that simplistic piano came in, it all made sense. The piano sounds great by the way. Vocals are sitting nicely.. just overall a great composition to be honest. I will be checking out your soundcloud for sure. Kudos man!

Oh shit, as I posted the comment the saw hit at 1:15. That is a seriously stunning addition to the track man. "Let You Go" is going into my lovebox. Stunning work.

soundcloud.com/rawry

m.soundcloud.com/wallace-hartley-icebergs

Last attempt at posting link.

Singer moved to Australia

Good compositions. Relaxing vibes!
"It's Yours" has such a great vocal layer.

Great tracks man. I can see why the singer moving is devastating. He's very talented.
I must say "Lost Soldier" really stole my ear. Such a great and relaxing composition. That guitar is just lovely. I guess you could find another vocalist or continue on with instrumentals? Just don't stop man, you're doing great work here.

youtube.com/watch?v=C-EHa2Mwt44

youtube.com/watch?v=jY0EVBvwimw

soundcloud:
soundcloud.com/danielcaesar/wont-live-here

>Soundcloud.com/Wallace-Hartley-icebergs

Hey not OP, but honest reviewer.

The sound quality is poor, instruments sound thin, I'm guessing it was recorded at home, it's actually pretty good for that. If this was done in a studio you got ripped off. The mix is only off a little, but the master is way off. The compression is off. The overall sound is airy.

The music itself has a nice queens of the stoneage type vibe. The harmonys are pretty good. The lead singer needs to learn to sing better, doesn't sound professional, but close. He's just a bit too mumbly, he needs more training, technique and confidence. I think he needs lessons. Have him take opera lessons, or something, really overshoot the goal. With a really good singer this music would pop.

So i have to put chicks in the image to get people to pay attention? LOL

soundcloud.com/hexeract

I made these tunes a few years ago, but I'm thinking of getting back into it. Some good feedback would help.

soundcloud.com/wilfred-the-wilfred/wilfred-walk

Oh also, the production value is good for a home studio.

The rap parts are stupid. He's a better singer than a rapper. Stick to that.

I'm glad you like it! We are gonna release two more tracks soon so if u follow us ull see them posted.
I started two other music projects
Metal band
Electronic

But in terms of the same band with a new singer is highly unlikely.

Oh man, that piano in Violet..

I absolutely love the gospel/chorus.

This is solid stuff. Once that beat comes in.. man. Great vibes.

Streetcar really appealed to me, I'm a sucker for great Toms, and you really nailed it there. Again, if you're the singer, kudos to you there, but I mainly feedback on the track itself.

>doesn't sound professional
OP here, that's kind of harsh isn't it? It's not like it's EDM. Not quite the impression I got, but some of your points are spot on. I guess every track has something that can be done better.
Definitely get back into it. Your style is definitely something else. Not quite sure where you are going with some of the tracks though.. like I didn't experience a story in them. Structure is key.
I will keep my eyes peeled!
Definitely interested in hearing the Electronic project you have going on.

soundcloud.com/max-rutter/a-state-of-satisfaction

Not really my cup of tea.. I see what you're going for though, but personally, I'd drop the main square/sawish pluck you have going on. Or at the very least make it more melodic? .. no it's already melodic, I don't know man, it even has legato/glide movement, but it just doesn't make the track what it can be.

Damn, did not expect it's level of trap quality tbqh.
Keep it up I'll repost
Check ronnie out guys!

I love that album art. Just putting that out there.

Intro is stunning. The rhode sort of addition made it even better. Oh man, the bassline emphasizes everything so nicely.

I love where you're going with this track. Only thing I was hoping for was some reverb on the plcuk at 52 seconds. Delay and reverb, you should compliment that beautiful vibe with some dreamy FX.

Perhaps a higher overlay tone at 1:13 with vibrato on it for more variety?

Either way, this is a solid tune on its own.
Mix-wise, I'd separate some of the 8bit sounds. They're overlaying nicely, but they deserve their own spot in the mix if you know what I mean.

That pad is absolutely stunning by the way.

Here is some happy vibed stuff I just finished, this will be a part of my upcoming album with 3 other tracks that have the same vibe:

>muh dynamics

>Structure is key

I'm not sure where I'm going with my tracks either. I'm basically just building on ideas as I go. I think I have trouble editing. I know these 7min tracks should be like 3-4 mins. I struggle with structure.

How do I even improve that? Do i just steal other songs structures until I get a feel for it? That's what did for track "In a Deep Way" and I feel like bad when people compliment that one, because I lifted the structure from a song my friend wrote.

Thanks man, tech House.. yeah well, all those weird genre names and stuff.

I think this is the closest it gets:

soundcloud.com/venderstrooik/hypnotiza

soundcloud.com/venderstrooik/red-sky

soundcloud.com/venderstrooik/forgot-my-pussy

soundcloud.com/aloofaloof

>doesn't sound professional

Harsh? Maybe, truth can be harsh I suppose. Either way it's constructive criticism. He's totally a fine singer for a local bar band. If he wants to go next level he needs to learn to sing professionally. That's true for any vocalist. Dude needs to shell out a few hundred for professional voice lessons and take them seriously if he wants me and people to buy his album. Just the facts man.

I mean I can hear in my head what it WOULD sound like if his voice was trained properly and it sounds good. But what I'm actually hearing sounds bad.

>Perhaps a higher overlay tone at 1:13 with vibrato on it for more variety?

A slightly bitcrushed saw with a chorus or subtle flanger effect perhaps.

There are people out there sampling everything from Kicks to snares from Top 10 tracks.. don't feel bad for "taking inspiration" from another songs structure. It's key, it's how it needs to be.

I usually go with an intro, small introductional drop/bridge into an uplift, then drop, bridge, break/pause, edited intro, uplift, drop, outro.
Just an example, there really isn't any blueprint..

If it sounds good, it is good. The important thing is that you have 3-4 minutes to impress, and at the end of the day, it doesn't matter how the structure is, but if it's a more common structure, chances are people will understand your story a bit better. Tell a story with your track.

Well, shit. Here you go. This is it.
I will listen through all of these, you hit the spot there!

Thanks man :) I don't get a lot of feedback on my music so this is greatly appreciated.

Yours sounds great, normally i'm not really into EDM and dance stuff but it's always nice to see artists trying out new things in popular areas. Keep it up!

Tech house isn't that weird. It's just House music with techno type sounds.

Which means it's Techno for people that don't know that they like techno, lol.

You know what, I agree. Can't argue with that.
I personally don't listen enough to this type of genre to know what sort of mixdown/master would suit best. My first impression was that the drums and the elements had enough punch and clarity for my taste, but again, that's just my taste. It's hard to achieve a mix that is generally good for all speakers, I suppose.

I do appreciate your constructive feedback though!
Thank you!

"Smile" is a sort of new direction for me. I just need to figure out if it's the sound I really want to go for.

soundcloud.com/toybreaker

>sample based beats

I guess "Techno" in general was just overtaken by german shit kids who label hurtcore hardstyle "techno".

soundcloud.com/insertnameofficial

House...?

Some solid beats here user. I like where you're going with your tracks. In some areas, I was sort of reminded by an earlier Gramatik.

Thanks man

Nah, i guess. But all those sub genre's are making my head twirl. Its all electronic in the end :) but i know what you mean.

Tribute has some potential. I feel like there's a few notes that might be slightly off though.

1:22 is a great introduction, but it would be even better if this part had more reverb. It needs to sound a bit more massive. Don't be afraid to add some release on that synth either. Make it uplifting.

Chicas is definitely on another level. I'm going out on a limb here by guessing that's a brass. Either way, it sounds absolutely massive as it drops. The reverb is perfect. Great work.

Thanks man. Tbh i hate tribute, but i have some friends that like it and play it out sooo oh well. It was made during a time where i was still mastering my craft. Im pretty prowd of how far ive come between the two

>tell a story with your track

I'll give that a try.

You're OP right?

I listened to your Palmside track. You have a good structure. I guess the reason my structure is lacking is because I'm mainly focued on the sounds themselves. So I think I have some good input.

What sticks out to me is the track is too "loud". I'm guessing you used a lot of compression? Or maybe your source samples were already compressed. Either way it sounds slammed. For a simple track like this dynamics to key. Compression is good, but imo you're using it wrong/over using it.

I'm listening on Yamaha HS8's. Now maybe this mix would sound kicking on a huge PA system, I don't know. But I think the sounds need more dynamics, a little more air to breath, for the sounds to play off each other a bit more. It just needs more subtly.

1:22 introduces a great melody, it just needs a tad bit more work. If you apply the same sort of drop style as Chicas to this then you definitely have something good going.

Yeah I'm OP.

The structure is simple. The main reason I made that track is for stepping out of my comfort zone synth-wise. The sound is definitely overcompressed and it's just pumping a bit too hard. This is already fixed in another version I have laying around somewhere (as that's an older upload). But even Palmside needs slightly more variation. I decided to keep that track a bit repetitive though, I was stoned out of my mind when I made it while I was watching the sunrise out my window, and it just gave me such a special vibe.

Your Yamaha's are displaying it correctly, the song has had an overhaul on both mix and master. I will see if I can dig it up. The reverb ontop of the main synth also stabs a bit too hard.

For a better mix from me, I'd have a listen to these:

soundcloud.com/kevla/you-remix

soundcloud.com/kevla/twerk-it-kevla-remix

- I appreciate your feedback, and thank you for the constructiveness of it!

Even here, you will hear that "Smile" is a bit loud as well. These are smaller fixes I'm going through now that I'm on my vacation!

Cheers mate!

The structure for "You" is also pretty simple. 1:40 is the break after the bridge, which resembles the intro, but it's changed up a bit. Which then goes onto a "mini-drop" which also acts as an uplift in this case

soundcloud.com/datchanin/tracks

>8-bit
>videogame music
>experimental

feedback on SC will be returned.

Find a decent youtube video about the same length as your track, and mute the video and play your own audio over it. Match the story somehow. I do this a lot, it's great for video ideas as well.

That Benzo track is Hard af

Oh, you're completely right, they're all stupid names, more born out of fashion than actual meaning.

I'm just saying it's not hard to figure out the meaning behind the name if you use reductionism.

The only thing that really changes the style of a music is the drum beat, tempo, and the feel of the song (which is everything else)

For instance, the only actual genres of dance music are: Disco, and Breaks. That's the most simple reduction

Disco = 4 to the floor with a back beat
Breaks = a more complex pattern born ouf of classic funk drum breaks (Amen and Funky drummer are the best known) there's also some reggae influence.

So everything in modern music is some mixture of those two things.

House = Disco
Techno is just house with more synth sounds, delay fx and micro rhymes.

Jungle is just breaks sped up and mixed with some techno elements.

Hip-hop is just breaks at normal speed or slowed down (usually 90 to 105 bpm)

Dubstep is just a extra slow hiphop beat and a 2 bass line.

Trance is just techno with the funk and cool parts removed

Prog house is just house music for pretentious people (the same way prog rock)

Basically yeah

Funny you say that! That happened to me accidently! My song already almost matches this video

start the video at 0:14 youtube.com/watch?v=YnAvtozSnN8

and play this song:
soundcloud.com/hexeract/lady-bad-luck

I'm actually looking for a video editor that could add some fx and make it sync up better. If you know anyone that's good with that I've love for them to contact me.

Indeed, this fit perfectly. I did the same thing with Smile the other day with some cartoonish videos. Great inspiration.

I know some DAWs have video players, but personally I've used Sony Vegas for video editing. It's simple and gets the job done.

Cool man. I'm adding you on soundcloud. I'll message you when I have some story telling tracks up.

I'd be down to remix some of your tracks for fun. I'm going to use Logic now instead of ableton so i need to get my daw chops on.

Another thing that's changed in the three years since I wrote those songs is I learned to play drums somewhat, so my next batch of tracks will probably have live drums. I understand how beats work a lot better now.

>soundcloud.com/kevla/you-remix

word, i gotta try that. Not sure if my old 2009 mac can handle video editing though.

Here's one of mine, OP.
soundcloud.com/potcorn/exalted

Gotta go back to work, but PM me if you get bored later and wanna bullshit!

soundcloud.com/cedrik-st-onge

not doing a thing in particular, experimenting,
all original stuff

That sounds great man! I'm definitely up for that!
Only the rendering process will slow you down, what I experienced anyway.
Will do man!

soundcloud.com/naisuun

been a long time since I've seen a soundcloud thread!

shit this is really good man

Thanks man

vocaroo.com/i/s0qRcqXGjzWB

been trying some retrowave