Was this show popular in England?

was this show popular in England?

Yes.

As you can tell from the cover, the show presented english citizens as being unrealistically attractive - for example, I don't know any man Frank's age who still has teeth.

How does the american version compare?

It's better

I don't know anyone who watched it

Better in every concievable way.

Season 1-3 are great as a comedy with heavy drama
Season 4 is a master stroke of drama with slight comedy
Season 5 almost ruins the show
Season 6 is the same as 5 until the last few episodes bring it back to quality

heh, meme..

it was popular with 13 yo kids etc
nothing on channel 4 is any good

this
Shameless appealed to the same plebs that enjoy garbage like the inbetweeners or skins

AVOID IT

>this are considered 10/10 actors/actresses in the United Cuckland

yea except the inbetweeners was p funny sometimes

not the united cuckdom ?

as an American i enjoy the insight into British working class life. peep show and inbetweeners was london middle class upper middle class. dreaming of the chav life but no such thinghere because the council estates are full of niggers

its the united cuckiphate these days

you have a black president thou

Every normie likes inbetweeners.

Only amongst chavs and Year 8 students from what I can remember.

The United Kuckdom of Great Butthurt and Northern WHY WONT YOU COME BAAAAAAAAAAAACK!? land.

Yes. Every season was absolutely excellent except the final 2.

It's awful, as is every drama series the americans steal from the UK.

if brits call each season a series then what do they call the whole series?

It is very accurate. Well, slightly more amusing and good natured of course, but I grew up on a council estate and it was all recognisable. I also lived near the chav part of Manchester (where the show is set) and again, yeah, about right.

Anyway, the show was good. I don't know what's wrong with people ITT. It was a bit racy at times, I'll admit, but the script was sharp and the acting was decent as well. Paddy was a highlight.

A programme.

get over yourself and your shit country

don't get so defensive you dumb faggot, you'll make us look bad

must have been amazing especially with all the music from Manchester back in the day

Yeah, but it's shit.

S01-04 were good

Definitely, yeah. The whole family would gather round to watch it. There was that, Twin Peaks, Sopranos, Six Feet Under, The Wire. Oh, those were the days before the divorce. Still yeah, got a lot of enjoyment out of it.

Basically what said.

Only thing better about the UK version is a far qter and less annoying Debbie.

Plus UK Debbie never got herself pregnant for shitty teen mom drama as far as I remember

I don't think she even had that irritating virginity storyline that US Debbie had

Went to shit when they started focusing on the irish family.

>yfw they reused the father cucking son storyline for the Mcguires